• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can't stand fake toughies like Tucker-with-an-f and JoeLLLLLLLL and Jimi.  They all deserve each other.

And, yes, you had macd all teed up and whiffed. Haha 

I swung like Cecil Fielder and fell to my knees. :cray:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Sothron said:

This isn't going to end well. You don't want a disgruntled star player stuck on your team when real games start. KD is a diva to put it mildly. I can totally see him tanking his play on purpose just like his buddy Harden did twice in order to force the Nets to take a deal to move him.

Problem for the Hawks is this is still holding us up because we still are in on Ayton and if Simmons becomes available we're in on that as well. 

Rumor has it Indy is prepared to offer a contract to Ayton. Would speed up the timeline for  KD deal at least on phoneix side. Hawks gonna miss their chance if true

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

ATLANTA HAWKS

The Hawks already pushed the chips all-in with the acquisition of Dejounte Murray, but could they be looming as a potential destination for Ayton? If you add up the pieces for the win-now Hawks, it makes a lot of sense. Adding Ayton into the Hawks’ ecosystem is a sure-fire bet to give this team legitimate NBA Finals aspirations.

A new big three in Atlanta consisting of Young, Murray and Ayton would make for nightly fireworks on the court; plus, it’s a stable, All-Star-level foundation with youth that could grow together on the same timeline for years to come.

Atlanta also stands out as a strong Ayton suitor because of its available assets, even after coughing up draft picks to the Spurs for Murray. Clint Capela is an obvious candidate to be moved in any Ayton deal due to his salary and position. Atlanta also has other salaries that can work in multi-team frameworks such as the often-rumored John Collins as well as Bogdan Bogdanovic. And don't forget about the Hawks' underrated core of young talent: De'Andre Hunter, Onyeka Okongwu, AJ Griffin and Jalen Johnson.

It's unlikely that the Hawks would make Hunter or Okongwu available for Ayton, but what about their recent first-round pick in Griffin? That's where it gets interesting, because a piece like Griffin can help accelerate a potential three-team deal between Phoenix, Brooklyn and Atlanta where the end result ultimately lands Durant alongside Booker.

The Hawks have extinguished most of their future assets for Murray, but they still have enough wiggle room to make another big splash. Ayton could be the final missing piece for Atlanta to become a real Finals competitor as early as next season. In addition, this would help the Suns land their ultimate prize.

https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/nba-trade-rumors-deandre-ayton-holds-key-to-phoenix-suns-acquiring-kevin-durant-atlanta-hawks-toronto-raptors-utah-jazz

I realize the effort that went into reading this. @macdaddy insisted that the font on squawk here was getting too dark for him so we decided to lighten things up.

Again, for any inconvenience or 👁 discomfort, @macdaddy. Thank you 🙏🏿 

• Haha 2

If everyone wants to force a trade why don’t we condense the league back down to 8 teams instead of 30. That way Adam Silver can eat at all the big market restaurants his heart desires! 

Oh wait… that pesky thing where smaller market teams pay through the nose for a mediocre product thing too.. 🤔 

Ok another idea,

Take the player’s destination powers away in contracts. They still get all the perks without being able to ask for trades EVER! 

Oh, that takes a hit on social media funding 💰..

Ok, I guess there’s no way around it. Donnie Mitchell and Ayton gonna have to wait for princess 👸 🧁 III 🐍 Kay Dee.

Wonda why dey call ya..

• Moderators

I don't see a good solution to the issue of players forcing trades other than teams building a good culture.  I think we're stuck with this but honestly i think most folks like it.   It keeps people interested in the drama 365. 

4 hours ago, AHF said:

I won’t defend LeBron bailing on teams to form super teams but will agree that joining an already existing champion club is a step beyond even what LeBron did.

Let's not forget that Karl Malone and Gary Payton did this before any of these Diva's after the Lakers had already won 3. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

I really really want to see Ayton get an offer sheet today or tomorrow

I assume you want to see that to make sure we don't trade for him?  If he signs an offer sheet, we can no longer get him this season.

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I assume you want to see that to make sure we don't trade for him?  If he signs an offer sheet, we can no longer get him this season.

We don’t need Ayton. I doubt the Hawks are going to give up assets for him.

Durant or a upgrade at SF is ideal. I’d swap Hunter in Durant deal always if Durant gets grounded.

The only other option is Ben Simmons playing PF. That’s it.

Sure he is a luxury but Capela is serviceable for centers today. 

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member

Nets not thrilled with trade offers for Kevin Durant

i_ef_62_06_kevin-durant.png?w=190

“From what I understand, I don’t think the Nets are thrilled with the offers they have gotten for Durant yet,” said Windhorst. “I don’t think that that’s a hot take considering that they’re reassessing with where they’re at. I think the reason is this: It’s somewhat known in the NBA that Durant prefers going to the Phoenix Suns and the Suns offer, what they have to offer right now just isn’t that interesting to Brooklyn. Brooklyn is interested in other things. That’s why Woj and others talking about needing a third or fourth team in a deal.

Kevin Durant not talking to anybody since trade request?

Since Kevin Durant requested a trade from the Nets last Thursday, he’s reportedly “gone dark” in regards to speaking with other basketball players and team personnel, according to Yahoo Sports’ Chris Haynes. “Since he requested a trade, there’s been numerous stars that I’ve spoken to, numerous stars that have been trying to get in touch with him to pick his brain to see if he would consider other avenues, just want to get a sense of what he’s thinking—KD’s going dark,” Haynes said on his Posted Up podcast. “He’s not talking to anybody. Not answering anybody’s phone calls, not responding to texts. The only time you see him get out into the sunlight is when he responds on Twitter, and he’s not saying anything much on there.”

• Thanks 3

How would yall respond if we traded JC straight up for Julius Randle? He shouldn't be ur #1, but would be a major problem as #3. He has limitations with , but can get a bucket by himself, rebound, and pass well above average. Trae and Murray will give him looks he hasn't experienced consistently in NY. I would take 18/10/5 as our #3 if the JC situation is what it seems.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2