• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

26 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Beal, Brunson and possibly Ayton don’t care about winning. Just pay them.

Brunson and Ayton get a pass since they haven't had their big deal yet.  Beal absolutely gets no pass.  He can't ever talk about wanting to win.  It's fine, he's set for life.  But don't ever complain about losing or act like winning is important. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Brunson has always won since Highschool.. And he grew up a Knicks fan.. 

And you want Beal to leave the team that drafted him? 

I thought yall were against players leaving for greener pastures?

Could you At least let Ayton and Brunson get paid before saying they dont care about winning? Geez.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It doesn't make sense for teams to sell their house to pay for a car, even if that car is a Lamborghini like Kevin Durant."

This is such a reasonable, logical statement.  It's refreshing that teams are taking this approach.  I kinda doubt it holds, because eventually some sucker GM or owner will gave and decide to go live under a bridge in their brand new Lambo.  

I know some folks on here don't like Durant for his ring chasing, but there's shouldn't be any argument that he's a top 5 player in the world.  The problem is this isn't baseball with no cap.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

And where's the idea that somehow IND is a great spot for Ayton because he gets to play with Haliburton?  Talk about a dude getting overrated.  Haliburton's....................................

Well. That took an unanticipated turn... I was all set to hear you talk about Ayton.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Brunson and Ayton get a pass since they haven't had their big deal yet.  Beal absolutely gets no pass.  He can't ever talk about wanting to win.  It's fine, he's set for life.  But don't ever complain about losing or act like winning is important. 

But if Beal bounces and joins a "superteam",  most of ya'll would be all over him for that.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Well. That took an unanticipated turn... I was all set to hear you talk about Ayton.

I gotta keep you on your toes, stu.

You're welcome. 

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

But if Beal bounces and joins a "superteam",  most of ya'll would be all over him for that.. lol

Think a little deeper.

The deal he signed ensures WAS will likely not be able to field a good enough team around him.

So is he staying to "keep fighting the good fight" for the Wizards?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're welcome. 

Think a little deeper.

The deal he signed ensures WAS will likely not be able to field a good enough team around him.

The owners can just pay the luxury tax.. They have more $ than Beal.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Sounds simple.  Odd every team just doesn't sign whoever they want then.

Well the owners gave him the contract, so why be upset with Beal for taking it?  What is he supposed to do? Turn it down?  No Bigtime FA's are trying to go to Washington....

Yall gonna be really shocked when you see Trae or even Murray next deal to keep them in Atlanta.. If they take it before we've won anything, keep that same energy about not caring about winning... lol

I guess Trae shouldve turned down that massive extension, then we could sign trade for Ayton with no tax implications.. Damn you Trae..lol.    Ridiculous talk...

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're welcome. 

Think a little deeper.

To be fair, he signed a max deal. Basically the same dollars Trae is getting. Would you make the same criticism of Trae?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Well the owners gave him the contract, so why be upset with Beal for taking it?  What is he supposed to do? Turn it down?  No Bigtime FA's are trying to go to Washington....

Yall gonna be really shocked when you see Trae or even Murray next deal to keep them in Atlanta.. If they take it before we've won anything, keep that same energy about not caring about winning... lol

I guess Trae shouldve turned down that massive extension, then we could sign trade for Ayton with no tax implications.. Damn you Trae..lol.    Ridiculous talk...

Trae's already won more than Beal so .......

And I'm not sure what you're on about here.  It feels like we're having two different conversations so I'm bowing out.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

To be fair, he signed a max deal. Basically the same dollars Trae is getting. Would you make the same criticism of Trae?

I'm of the opinion that WAS has gone downhill along with Beal's ascension(sic) as a player.  I feel the opposite about Trae's ascension w.r.t. the team's relative success.

So I think it's an apples-to-desk chairs comparison. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

lol Brunson has already won more than 95% of the NBA.  Led his team to state title in high school, won 2 national championships in college, one as the best player on the team.  And has been 2nd best player on WCF team.

I hate when fans think they can tell athletes that they shouldn't go out and make as much money as they can.   Like you turn down the bag of money he got from NY Spud 🙄

Edited by shakes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

I'm of the opinion that WAS has gone downhill along with Beal's ascension(sic) as a player.  I feel the opposite about Trae's ascension w.r.t. the team's relative success.

Not to get in the middle but let's face it.  Washington has always sucked since they changed the name (and a bit before).  Used to see them picked to do something preseason and just think to myself, not going to happen.   They have never over achieved in franchise history.  Hell they've never just achieved.  They somehow always seem to have the idea that if they have some high scoring guards they can have stiffs everywhere else and make it.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So Beal should take less, and hope and pray more BIg time FA's will come join him? And when they dont,  the owners will just give him his money back right? lol. 

11 minutes ago, shakes said:

lol Brunson has already won more than 95% of the NBA.  Led his team to state title in high school, won 2 national championships in college, one as the best player on the team.  And has been 2nd best player on WCF team.

I hate when fans think they can tell athletes that they shouldn't go out and make as much money as they can.   Like you turn down the bag of money he got from NY Spud 🙄

Cardinals fans were saying this BS when Deandre got his huge deal from Arizona.. I was Like Wtf? Take less for the team? Really? lol.. Make the owners restructure that shit if they need to.. But get your $ Fam................................................This is real life, not some fantasy shit... Thats why saying someone doesnt care about winning because they took the bag hits me different.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrell said:

So Beal should take less, and hope and pray more BIg time FA's will come join him? And when they dont,  the owners will just give him his money back right? lol. 

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.  Can we stop talking now?

Geez

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Not to get in the middle but let's face it.  Washington has always sucked since they changed the name (and a bit before).  Used to see them picked to do something preseason and just think to myself, not going to happen.   They have never over achieved in franchise history.  Hell they've never just achieved.  They somehow always seem to have the idea that if they have some high scoring guards they can have stiffs everywhere else and make it.   

I find it funny they've never won 50+ games in a season as a franchise.  That's tough to do.  Seems like everybody has atleast one surprise season.