• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Cardinals fans were saying this BS when Deandre got his huge deal from Arizona.. I was Like Wtf? Take less for the team? Really? lol.. Make the owners restructure that shit if they need to.. But get your $ Fam................................................This is real life, not some fantasy shit... Thats why saying someone doesnt care about winning because they took the bag hits me different.. lol

Reminds me of my brother when he was a minor league pro hockey player in the mid 90s.  I was his agent.  He was making $600 per week plus room and board.   He had a great season, was the team's best defenseman and they went to the league's final 4.  He was in line for a nice pay raise. I was getting ready to start negotiations and my brother, without telling me, walks into the GM's office and tells them that he doesn't want a raise and instead he wants them to use that money to bring in better players to improve the team.

I immediately resigned as his agent.   The team signed him for the same $600, didn't bring in a single good player with the savings they got and the team had a much worse season.

So stupid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.

A quick check and it looks like He's the only Frank to play in the NBA this century

Ntilikina just shed a tear ....

Eta. I came on to poopop the signing, but he was actually pretty decent-to-good at times last season.  Good, serviceable big.

Edited by kg01

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Like this!

But is it guaranteed?

I'm wagering not.

I'm wagering it's just a half-step above a training camp invite. (2022-23 version of Jahlil Okafor in that way.)

(Avatar bet anyone???)

I get the signing, I suppose... Poor Destitute Man's Gallo, imo. Why not take a chance.

But I think there's at least one more big who will be acquired and get at least as much of a chance.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, sturt said:

But is it guaranteed?

I'm wagering not.

I'm wagering it's just a half-step above a training camp invite. (2022-23 version of Jahlil Okafor in that way.)

(Avatar bet anyone???)

I get the signing, I suppose... Poor Destitute Man's Gallo, imo. Why not take a chance.

But I think there's at least one more big who will be acquired and get at least as much of a chance.

Maybe a late January guarantee like TLC and Solo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe a late January guarantee like TLC and Solo.

Feel free to check me on this (as if you need permission... hehe... ) but purty sure TLC's contract initially was non-guaranteed. It was only after Okafor was released and TLC had won that 15th roster slot that they amended his contract to partial guarantee.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Feel free to check me on this (as if you need permission... hehe... ) but purty sure TLC's contract initially was non-guaranteed. It was only after Okafor was released and TLC had won that 15th roster slot that they amended his contract to partial guarantee.

The way I remember it - TLC was always a partial guarantee with Okafor being NG.  I noted the report said his deal was similar to the one Solo signed the year prior.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The way I remember it - TLC was always a partial guarantee with Okafor being NG.  I noted the report said his deal was similar to the one Solo signed the year prior.

Nope, I'm wrong 

• Like 1