• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

They aren't doing that deal. I have to wonder if the Nets are trying to show KD that there is no fair trade they can make. They will demand so much of the other team's assets that it will be a ghost town that KD walks into.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Why won't free agents go there

I have my theories but the reality speaks for itself.

Their problems are similar to what ours were, imho.  Management/ownership seen as clowns by big name free agents.  Why trust your prime years to an outfit you don't fully believe in?

I dont think Cuban connects well with players.  They make a big deal about "avoiding AAU culture" in personnel decisions and I joke about the racial implications of that strategy.  But I think it's more a reflection of players not liking Cuban.  Foreign or non-AAU players (for lack of a better description) aren't as likely to be turned off by Cuban's rep.  All jmho, btw. 

• Like 2

I think because Cuban has kinda made the Mavs the unofficial Euro allstar franchise, it hurts free agency with most players. You gotta think, these American players have known each other since they were young now With all these camps, aau, and social media. Big time players team up with their friends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

How could the Wolves trade 4 picks after just giving up 5?

If they could pull this off, though, KD really fits Gobert’s timeline.
😂

The offer was before the Gobert trade. It was reported that they turned down an offer from Brooklyn first immediately after they did the Gobert deal

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm not listening to that clip so I'm gonna trust your notes and say .... sucka-a** media been tryna make 'fetch' a thing for DAL the past 3 years.  IOW, they desperately want players to go there for ... reasons.

Every player that comes available they try to reason a way the player would be juuust perfect there.

Free agents ain't going to DAL.  Never have, never will.  BSPN need to stahhp. 

Yup exactly. I can’t believe I clicked on it. Out of about 50 national media things I see I clicked on one of two. I guess I’m done for the week.

Ill be in the shower 🚿 if you need me. BSPN makes me smelly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This past year illustrated it can't be "just" him on the team.  They weren't even competitive really in the playoffs.

Then again, last time his team fizzled out like that was the year he threw the OKC series before joining the Warriors so who knows. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

🤮 I hate this guy and his brother.

They cost us in 2015 with Thabo and Pero.

Hate hate hate.

Plus he can’t spell.

Stope it now Kieff!!!! :er:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Yeah why is his twitter handle Keef and not Kieff?   Oh well i'm old.

He doesn't think he's done.  I don't like to cheer for guys getting injured but let's just say that Jokic gave him just desserts after 14 years of cheap shots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At this point, I'm just rooting for thr world to burn.  I want Ayton to sign an offer sheet and thus likely force PHX out of the Durant sweepstakes, forcing Durant to realize the market's not there for his 2k-espue ideal trade landing spot, then teams mad-dash to fill roster spots resulting in a buncha dumbarse signings again.... whew.

And where's the idea that somehow IND is a great spot for Ayton because he gets to play with Haliburton?  Talk about a dude getting overrated.  Haliburton's a decent enough player but he's well behind the actual top tier PG talent in the east alone.  He was being force fed in IND so folks got a bit excited about his numbers.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

At this point, I'm just rooting for thr world to burn.  I want Ayton to sign an offer sheet and thus likely force PHX out of the Durant sweepstakes, forcing Durant to realize the market's not there for his 2k-espue ideal trade landing spot, then teams mad-dash to fill roster spots resulting in a buncha dumbarse signings again.... whew.

And where's the idea that somehow IND is a great spot for Ayton because he gets to play with Haliburton?  Talk about a dude getting overrated.  Haliburton's a decent enough player but he's well behind the actual top tier PG talent in the east alone.  He was being force fed in IND so folks got a bit excited about his numbers.  

Beal, Brunson and possibly Ayton don’t care about winning. Just pay them.