• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Moderators
11 hours ago, sturt said:

Indeed. He is the original. (With Bosh.)

The irony is KD was vocally critical of LeBron teaming up with others.  LeBron did so by engineering the meet up in Miami taking it on faith that they would play well enough together to win a ring.  Definitely an “easy button” move but sometimes those don’t work.

Durant then one upped LeBron by joining a team that already had a ring without him.  As sturt correctly notes, this is the surest thing in the history of the game and a more extreme “ring brat” (to use sturt’s term) move than LeBron has ever made.  I won’t defend LeBron bailing on teams to form super teams but will agree that joining an already existing champion club is a step beyond even what LeBron did.

• Thanks 4

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Been thinking a lot about the new NBA.

Imo, if there was a team that F’d up the NBA as we knew it, it was the 2007 celts, what’s that bs, no, NBA should have stepped right in and veto that trade. Then it was Miami, then it was the scrubs…LeBum learned from the Schmelts. 

Secondly, if you wanna point the finger at a player, KD is the one. 2016 his team loses to the scrubs and he joins them. No, right there that kills natural rivalries, sooooo weak. 

Kyrie isn’t helping the culture of the league.

Ben isn’t helping.

The NBA is turning WWF.

I blame the Schmelts, 🧁 , Kyme and Ben.

The end.

Oh, originators we’re kg (not @kg01) wheelchair 🦼 Paulette and Ray Ray.

He didn’t just join the team who beat him.  They faced each other in the WCF and OKC led 3-1!  He was already right on the verge of a second finals appearance with OKC with three games to punch that ticket to the finals.  When Durant shot 32-81 in those 3 close out games and couldn’t close the series, instead of focusing on how to get better he said “how much easier would it be to join that team of champions than to play against them?”  

Not sure it could have been more extreme.  His team was already a contender but that wasn’t enough.  He wanted to join a champion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think the Jordan Poole comparison is fantastic.  The Spurs let a 19 year old Tony Parker play.  And he wasn’t great as a rookie.  He struggled with his shot and had a terrible a/to ratio.  The Spurs had championship aspirations but he was still given the run rather than just signing a more proven vet because they understood the long run game plan of developing your young talent (JJ and AJ were both selected higher than Parker as well fwiw).  The Hawks don’t need to be that extreme in terms of giving minutes.  They can follow the Pistons’ development of Tayshaun Prince (who had limited minutes but they increased over the season so he was ready to play a key role in their playoff run) by letting our vets carry the team and just giving the time needed to develop our young talent.  But we can’t ignore them in the gleague this season, imo.  That just would be short sighted.

I hope last year it was just a matter of JJ just having almost no college experience. Hopefully with Griffin having played the whole season and being a relatively polished looking wing they are prepared to plug him in at certain times from the jump this season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

If the Jaylen Brown thing is true what is his trade value and do the Hawks have any chance to get him based on what assets we have now?

I felt Browm would be the best star 2 guard fit next to Trae, but now that we have Murray I don't think it makes sense, even if the deal is just something like Collins + Bogi +picks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

He didn’t just join the team who beat him.  They faced each other in the WCF and OKC led 3-1!  He was already right on the verge of a second finals appearance with OKC with three games to punch that ticket to the finals.  When Durant shot 32-81 in those 3 close out games and couldn’t close the series, instead of focusing on how to get better he said “how much easier would it be to join that team of champions than to play against them?”  

Not sure it could have been more extreme.  His team was already a contender but that wasn’t enough.  He wanted to join a champion.

He threw that OKC series.  No one can convince me otherwise.  Westbrook was just bad, Durant played markedly different than normal.  Shocked folks let him off without even questioning it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He threw that OKC series.  No one can convince me otherwise.  Westbrook was just bad, Durant played markedly different than normal.  Shocked folks let him off without even questioning it.

He’s gone dark and quiet… perhaps he should clear his head and take a nice summer trip to Russia.

Russian intelligence: We have KD.. we are willing to talk trade….

Spud {intercepts 📞}…

Keep him, we good. {click}

KD to play in Russia next year and for the foreseeable future.

I’d laugh 😂 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s gone dark and quiet… perhaps he should clear his head and take a nice summer trip to Russia.

Russian intelligence: We have KD.. we are willing to talk trade….

Spud {intercepts 📞}…

Keep him, we good. {click}

KD to play in Russia next year and for the foreseeable future.

I’d laugh 😂 

When they call, offer to take Brittney Griner back.  They can keep the cupcake. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Been awfully quiet lately. A little too quiet. I know the kd stuff has the league on pause but we still have 2/3 roster spots to handle

We have 2/3 roster spots to handle because of the "kd stuff".

Everything's on pause.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We have 2/3 roster spots to handle because of the "kd stuff".

Everything's on pause.

I’m sorry I’m just gonna say this but how on earth am I supposed to feel sorry for a guy when he tears and ACL or MCL when he acts like a kid clown 🤡, uses his leverage and is just an all around a$$ in general.

I don’t root for people to get hurt but if KD goes down this year, it’s a lil thing called Karma.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry I’m just gonna say this but how on earth am I supposed to feel sorry for a guy when he tears and ACL or MCL when he acts like a kid clown 🤡, uses his leverage and is just an all around a$$ in general.

I don’t root for people to get hurt but if KD goes down this year, it’s a lil thing called Karma.

Aye, why nobody told me about Jaylen Brown allegedly wanting outta Loston?

If I'm BKN, I drop my asking price and do a deal centered around Brown+.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ya this was rumored. Same. Nets get a guy who plays ball in Jaylen. I’d honestly rather have Brown than KD. Less headaches less diva management, more physical play.

Ya..

Also don’t know if this is a joke but I read something that said..

KD WANTS TO GO TO A TEAM WITH 3 all stars? 

How? No team has that.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It would be a Greek tragedy if Jaylen Brown “wants” out and they then turn and flip him to Brooklyn lol.. Would they still have to trade Ben to get him? Can’t remember if JB is DRE

• Like 1

@kg01 BIL 📞 

Tickle Twitter fight between Jimi and Jojo. Fighting over who brought PJ T(f)ucker into this bizzy bee 🐝.

D2EBDB8C-E16D-4F70-AC05-8D7955C29FD1.jpeg

Just now, kg01 said:

Really?  I see nothing wrong with it.  Maybe you are having a catattack?

🥸

🤣 I had it on a T and I swung and missed 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2