• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Bigjmw said:

How would yall respond if we traded JC straight up for Julius Randle? He shouldn't be ur #1, but would be a major problem as #3. He has limitations with , but can get a bucket by himself, rebound, and pass well above average. Trae and Murray will give him looks he hasn't experienced consistently in NY. I would take 18/10/5 as our #3 if the JC situation is what it seems.

No. Randle is pyrite.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigjmw said:

How would yall respond if we traded JC straight up for Julius Randle? He shouldn't be ur #1, but would be a major problem as #3. He has limitations with , but can get a bucket by himself, rebound, and pass well above average. Trae and Murray will give him looks he hasn't experienced consistently in NY. I would take 18/10/5 as our #3 if the JC situation is what it seems.

@Dean Walker is that you?

EDIT: also, 

hell-naw.gif

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

ATLANTA HAWKS

The Hawks already pushed the chips all-in with the acquisition of Dejounte Murray, but could they be looming as a potential destination for Ayton? If you add up the pieces for the win-now Hawks, it makes a lot of sense. Adding Ayton into the Hawks’ ecosystem is a sure-fire bet to give this team legitimate NBA Finals aspirations.

A new big three in Atlanta consisting of Young, Murray and Ayton would make for nightly fireworks on the court; plus, it’s a stable, All-Star-level foundation with youth that could grow together on the same timeline for years to come.

Atlanta also stands out as a strong Ayton suitor because of its available assets, even after coughing up draft picks to the Spurs for Murray. Clint Capela is an obvious candidate to be moved in any Ayton deal due to his salary and position. Atlanta also has other salaries that can work in multi-team frameworks such as the often-rumored John Collins as well as Bogdan Bogdanovic. And don't forget about the Hawks' underrated core of young talent: De'Andre Hunter, Onyeka Okongwu, AJ Griffin and Jalen Johnson.

It's unlikely that the Hawks would make Hunter or Okongwu available for Ayton, but what about their recent first-round pick in Griffin? That's where it gets interesting, because a piece like Griffin can help accelerate a potential three-team deal between Phoenix, Brooklyn and Atlanta where the end result ultimately lands Durant alongside Booker.

The Hawks have extinguished most of their future assets for Murray, but they still have enough wiggle room to make another big splash. Ayton could be the final missing piece for Atlanta to become a real Finals competitor as early as next season. In addition, this would help the Suns land their ultimate prize.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Bigjmw said:

I'd probably violently throw up. Then once I stopped, I would place a curse on Travis and Landry for bring that cancer to our team.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So the deal for Ayton would be Clint and one of Collins or Bogi plus Griffin for the right to pay Ayton $30 million while sending Durant to the Suns.

Seems as if the Hawks are paying more than their fair share and paying the freight for the Suns to get Durant.

Agree with you.  I'd just say I read the original post as being more along the lines of Clint or JC or Bogi and not Clint + 1 of them.  Once you have one of those 3, Griffin is included to juice the deal in this writer's eyes.

• Premium Member

Y'all.....

Don't shoot me.

But......

...I might consider a Randle/JC swap. I've followed him since his Lakers days.  I haven't given him much consideration lately, so I'm not quite ready to die on this hill. Lemme go refresh my observations of this cat before I say something I can't take back lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Y'all.....

Don't shoot me.

But......

...I might consider a Randle/JC swap. I've followed him since his Lakers days.  I haven't given him much consideration lately, so I'm not quite ready to die on this hill. Lemme go refresh my observations of this cat before I say something I can't take back lol

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Y'all.....

Don't shoot me.

But......

Wretch refreshing on Randle...

200.gif

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agree with you.  I'd just say I read the original post as being more along the lines of Clint or JC or Bogi and not Clint + 1 of them.  Once you have one of those 3, Griffin is included to juice the deal in this writer's eyes.

We'd have to move one of Bogi or Collins to a 3rd team (BYC for Ayton so the Suns can't take back that much salary anyway) to take on the $30 million for Ayton.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Y'all.....

Don't shoot me.

But......

He's making more than JC over the next 4 years, and he needs the ball to be effective....that's all the refresher you need.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We'd have to move one of Bogi or Collins to a 3rd team (BYC for Ayton so the Suns can't take back that much salary anyway) to take on the $30 million for Ayton.

IF we kept Clint and JC, we could ship out Bogi in this scenario.  Bogi is the cheapest of the 3 and so could be the main piece (although Clint for Ayton would make much more sense for both teams, imo).  Agree that Collins doesn't really work in an Ayton deal but even hypothetically would be going to a 3rd team.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Y'all.....

Don't shoot me.

But......

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

I simply don't understand this affinity for Ben Simmons. Ben is a great talent but he comes with two many issues. The back concerns, his mental, and his long lay-off are real issues. Trading for him now when we just added Dejounte just doesn't make any sense. Yes, I know the game is becoming positionless but you will not win the Chip these days with just defense and multiple ball handers. Shooting (having the necessary spacing) is also very important. Lastly, I think we have a player very similar to Ben Simmons already on our roster. His last name is Johnson and Nate needs to take off the handcuffs. Jalen will only get better with playing time and he's a jump shot away from being really special.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, TRW said:

I simply don't understand this affinity for Ben Simmons. Ben is a great talent but he comes with two many issues. The back concerns, his mental, and his long lay-off are real issues. Trading for him now when we just added Dejounte just doesn't make any sense. Yes, I know the game is becoming positionless but you will not win the Chip these days with just defense and multiple ball handers. Shooting (having the necessary spacing) is also very important. Lastly, I think we have a player very similar to Ben Simmons already on our roster. His last name is Johnson and Nate needs to take off the handcuffs. Jalen will only get better with playing time and he's a jump shot away from being really special.

Simmons would be great but we have Murray now.   I'll believe Simmons can play the 4 when it actually happens.   If we got him i'd want him as a wing but we're good there imo.