• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crawsover Pro Am News: TWO Hawks are supposedly playing, and one is a surprise

sturt

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, sturt said:

These pro-am events are a fairly new phenomenon.

What do you consider new 🤔? Most have been around for awhile.

The only think new about these is the fact that they are now available LIVE via streaming and it's the NBA that's providing it.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Shhhhh .... stu and ma$e are locked into an epic showdown rn, bro!

Just meet me around the corner with popcorn so we can watch the de-evolution. 

That was Gold Jerry, Gold. Enjoyed it! :hmm:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not loving DM bouncing ball 🏀 off dudes head.. I dunno.. Trae nugmeg, never been lovin those but it’s the summertime I guess..

I still don’t love the bounce off the head in any venue tho, just me being old school.

I like how DM's clearly uber-competitive, and I think that will be an intangible that will significantly affect the culture of the team.

But.

I think that he did that probably is a reflection of how pissed he was that the other team was being as physical as they were. (And you know my next sentence without me even writing it.)

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not loving DM bouncing ball 🏀 off dudes head.. I dunno.. Trae nugmeg, never been lovin those but it’s the summertime I guess..

I still don’t love the bounce off the head in any venue tho, just me being old school.

Yeah i thought that was weird.  And a foul.  But once we get to the season then it's all good. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The only think new about these is the fact that they are now available LIVE via streaming and it's the NBA that's providing it.

Yes, I wasn't precise enough... what you said, plus what I'm saying below... all of which are fundamental to the conclusion I've offered here.

Sooooo......

I've contributed to this thread sufficiently already. But since I couldn't get any cooperation from the person making the "multitude" argument, ie that there are so very many pro-am leagues featuring so very many readily-recognizable NBA players, curiosity got the best of me enough to take 15-20 minutes to comb the internet to see what he knows that I don't.

Well, at least the imagery of what he knows that I don't, as it turns out. And really, who's ever that surprised that when you ask a question, and the other person recoils and replies that it's beneath him to provide evidence of his assertion... it turns out there's a reason for that.

Here's what I found.

2022-08-01_14-14-25.png

No use replying to me here, anyone... I'm done with this thread... my point more than adequately made by now. If you want to engage me on it, I'm fine with that, but do it by chat or instant message.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Yes, I wasn't precise enough... what you said, plus what I'm saying below... all of which are fundamental to the conclusion I've offered here.

Sooooo......

I've contributed to this thread sufficiently already. But since I couldn't get any cooperation from the person making the "multitude" argument, ie that there are so very many pro-am leagues featuring so very many readily-recognizable NBA players, curiosity got the best of me enough to take 15-20 minutes to comb the internet to see what he knows that I don't.

Well, at least the imagery of what he knows that I don't, as it turns out. And really, who's ever that surprised that when you ask a question, and the other person recoils and replies that it's beneath him to provide evidence of his assertion... it turns out there's a reason for that.

Here's what I found.

2022-08-01_14-14-25.png

No use replying to me here, anyone... I'm done with this thread... my point more than adequately made by now. If you want to engage me on it, I'm fine with that, but do it by chat or instant message.

Good thing cuz your "facts" are all messed up.  Bam Adebayo, Donovan Mitchell, Ja Morant, Darius Garland all in the "w/o Documented Notable NBA player" list.  Other notable NBA players that have played in leagues not listed on the left column:

Zach Lavine

Kendrick Nunn

Talen Horton Tucker

Demar Derozan

Tyler Herro

Jabari Parker

Kevin Durant

Draymond Green

The bottom line is in any given year, many  of the top players in the NBA play in multiple pro am tournaments, games, leagues. And they jump from one to the other.  You are WAY over simplifying it to sell your point when you say it's only 4 leagues.  Miami, Chicago, Detroit, LA, SF all have other leagues that NBA players rep in.  

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

It was a good way to get sat down for sure

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HawkingAwesome said:

It was a good way to get sat down for sure

Pretty sure, just me, that Murray would never do that in a real game.

I have this sneaky suspicion that he was adding a little extra “sauce “ because it’s a just ProAm game.

I do like that he has a bit of an edge to him. An “I’m not the one” type of energy.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Pretty sure, just me, that Murray would never do that in a real game.

I have this sneaky suspicion that he was adding a little extra “sauce “ because it’s a just ProAm game.

I do like that he has a bit of an edge to him. An “I’m not the one” type of energy.

Yeah it was more like “what the hell are you doing face guarding and hip checking me at half court?”  Back off dude, this is an exhibition game. 

2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Yeah it was more like “what the hell are you doing face guarding and hip checking me at half court?”  Back off dude, this is an exhibition game. 

I just like that for once, we have a guy that wont take BS. Trae’s been too nice and getting bullied for years. The Heat series was painful to watch our guys get no protection from the refs and we didn’t even stand up for ourselves. Murray has that street cred that he won’t tolerate any disrespect.

I think teams will think twice about coming for one of our players

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1