• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

My thoughts.

This win was satisfying against a scrappy Orlando team.  What I'm most encouraged by is the offense wasn't clicking and the team kept chipping away and playing solid defense.  It's only two games, but the Hawks have played EXTREMELY well in the 4th quarters to put these teams away and that was a staple whenever we went to the ECF.

JC is looking like a top 3 power-forward out there and if this play continues he will be an all-star along with Trae and Murray and hopefully Hunter. 

Hunter - 5/12 shooting, but he rebounded and played tough defense out there. 

Murray - I'm just like the way this kid plays.  He's such an all around player.

Trae - He did take 24 shots, but what I really liked was that he deferred a lot more than the previous game and got his teammates going.  His defensive effort is much improved. It's still not good by any stretch of the imagination, but all I want from him is effort.  When he got going the team just relaxed and put the Magic away.

Justin Holiday came up big with big threes and good defense. 

All and all excited to be 2-0.  I want to see continued improvement because there is a murders row coming up after these first five games.

Note: Houston is giving Memphis all it can handle tonight.

Yeah Houston might be a little better than expected.. Utah is playing shockingly well too....Tied with Minnesota..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2