• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't see the push from Hunter. I've watched it over and over again. It seems like Matthews didn't see Trae, ran him over and that was that.

I think Matthew did see Trae and purposely tried to run him over.

If we had an enforcer, that would have been the time to send him in to tune up somebody. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Who wad the actual "foul" on?  I still can't tell.  Tryna play devils advocate.  Was it on hunter for a phantom push from behind?

Even so, how far up their narrow cracks did they have to dig to pull that one out?

We shouldn't have HAD to challenge that if "getting the call right" is the supposes goal.

Foster was also on the back of the play, so how the hell he saw that. Smh

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Matthews ran over a Trae Screen.. and Trae was called for the Offensive foul.   It was blatantly defensive.

Agreed.  That's why I'm confused.  If it was on Trae, that's the worst call I've ever seen.

That's the worst call since 13yo me calling this cute girls house ... before cellphones so it was a literal house call ... and her mama picking up and me being so nervous that I panicked and tried to pretend I was somebody else.  But her mama had caller ID... back when that wasn't an automatic thing ... so she knew good and heyul well I wasn't Deacon Robinson callin' to order more cookies for the bake sale.

The foul(sic) on Trae was worse than that. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4

Our guards shot 51 times. The rest of the starters got 22 shots up. For us to really become a good team our guards will have to learn how to trust the rest of the team. Great effort just need more balance and trust.  Don't need one guy trying to carry the team. You can't have a disparity of 29 shots between your guards and the rest of your starters if your goal is to  go deep in the playoffs . It's early though we have plenty of time to grow. 

• Premium Member

Had we played the 2nd quarter like we played the 4th quarter, we would have won this game going away. 

We have to go back to the lab and get it together. 

For a 2nd night of a back to back..  I'm not mad at our effort.

I give props to J-Brick for hitting some shots tonight.   I think he felt AJ breathing on him. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Looks like Trae has found his shooting touch, but he now needs to balance that with getting the bigs and Hunter more involved. (Though they have not been catching the ball cleanly.

I also need DJ to run more of the offense in the 2nd quarter like he did to start the 4th. Cut down on all the dribbling...drive and either shoot or pass. Quick decisions to get the rest in rhythm.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Our guards shot 51 times. The rest of the starters got 22 shots up. For us to really become a good team our guards will have to learn how to trust the rest of the team. Great effort just need more balance and trust.  Don't need one guy trying to carry the team. You can't have a disparity of 29 shots between your guards and the rest of your starters if your goal is to  go deep in the playoffs . It's early though we have plenty of time to grow. 

This is one of those first 20 games where we are getting it together.   Right now, it's obvious that Trae and DJM are learning to play with each other.   For instance, there was a point in the fourth, when Trae should have deferred to DJM...but they have to learn that.   Eventually he did but after 3 straight misses.    I think the trust has to get better.   It took Tatum and Brown a long time to develop chemistry.   I think 20 games is not generous enough but Trae is a wizard.  He will figure it out.   DJM is getting there. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Being balanced doesn't necessarily win you games.  It's about getting timely buckets and timely stops.

Our guards shot 51 times . . . but scored 63 points . . was 8 - 15 from 3 . . and got 11 assists.

The more concerning number to me is that Trae and Dejounte grabbed 11 rebounds. 

Collins and Hunter grabbed 10. 

Why is our 6-1 PG the 2nd leading rebounder in the game?

The real issue is that we need our bigs doing "big-like" things.  Get a rebound.  Get some blocks.  Create some steals.  Get yourself open to receive passes from our guards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Being balanced doesn't necessarily win you games.  It's about getting timely buckets and timely stops.

Our guards shot 51 times . . . but scored 63 points . . was 8 - 15 from 3 . . and got 11 assists.

The more concerning number to me is that Trae and Dejounte grabbed 11 rebounds. 

Collins and Hunter grabbed 10. 

Why is our 6-1 PG the 2nd leading rebounder in the game?

The real issue is that we need our bigs doing "big-like" things.  Get a rebound.  Get some blocks.  Create some steals.  Get yourself open to receive passes from our guards.

Our game tonight was predicated on stopping Giannis.  That's why Clint sat so long and OO played so much.   The rebounding is the biggest concern.  Team rebounding might not be enough.   We may have to go over the Tax to get some help.  Ressler said he's willing at the beginning of this offseason. 

One thing though...

IF JC sticks to Lopez like he did at the end of the game, this game would have turned out different. 

• Like 2