• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

If a big part of "gorgeous" is "effeminate," I concur.

The font somehow takes me back to the 70s and Friday nights as a kid watching Love American Style.

OIP.DkYKO3dmqHEsfMnP7Mg4EgHaEK?w=330&h=1

But hey, I'm a capitalist at heart... and just as the Washington Nationals cashed in by coming up with an effeminate jersey this past season...

LWR_Recording.png?sv=2021-08-06&st=2022-

... I won't let my sense of sports fashion drive me to criticize Ressler discovering a way to derive a little more income.

Who's that a picture of, stu? 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

28 minutes ago, sturt said:

The font somehow takes me back to the 70s and Friday nights as a kid watching Love American Style.

But hey, I'm a capitalist at heart... and just as the Washington Nationals cashed in by coming up with an effeminate jersey this past season...

... I won't let my sense of sports fashion drive me to criticize Ressler discovering a way to derive a little more income.

Effiminate?  These new jerseys are clean dude!! 

Definitely recommend saving your money if you feel a little too uncomfortable wearing a that swirley font type though.  Put that swooshy A on and you might find yourself skipping the games to stay at home to cook and clean /s

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

I liked the jerseys way more than i thought from the pictures.  The center court was a little much.  I don't agree with the effeminate take but i understand what sturt is saying.  Styles have changed but 30 years ago these would have been way too uncool for a professional sports team.  

The other night DJM was wearing shoes that he and his daughter designed and they were like pink and baby blue and had messages from his daughter written on them.  They showed a picture and Nique and Vince were just silent.  You could hear them thinking 'I'd have gotten murdered if i'd shown up to a court in those when i was 20 years old'.

Times have changed.  For the better in that respect in my opinion.   I don't always like the styles but I'm glad it's all less boring and more wide open for creativity. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yes. "Effeminate."

Is there something wrong with effeminate?

Nothing wrong with effeminate, as long as it's making money, and I'm sure it will.

Have a strong preference for creativity, too, though, which is the exact opposite of the current set of regular unis--as bland as any high school jersey ever was.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

It’s funny they were talking about the dumbest GM’s in baseball history and your name came up because of the Soto trade. Told ya!

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm telling you maybe one of the guys you listed can make that pass on time, on target.  And have the guts to even try.

Guts? I think Trae has freedom under Nate and all NBA guards have guts. The guys I named are the league's most creative and I didn't even mention Curry or Ball. My point is every guard in the league can do just about anything Trae can do. They can all hit a 30 footer, they all can pass, can float, can layup, can run, and be a floor general. 

Cade

CJ

Jamal Murray

Kyrie

DJM

Ja Morant

Booker

Garland

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We beat them last night and these are their new city jersey’s…. 

image.gif.d8ca8a37ef08944a28cc6761b681640c.gif

These could be the absolute ugliest city jersey’s this year. 

9FCA5F66-F0E2-415E-937C-7C9106C9E7FF.jpeg

those are terrible, but Utah's are still worse.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s funny they were talking about the dumbest GM’s in baseball history and your name came up because of the Soto trade. Told ya!

(Have no clue what that means. Never been a GM, I swear. Unlike Schlenk who calls me regularly... 😉 ... Rizzo not so much, so I didn't even have any influence one way or another on the Soto trade. All I did was report that I was persuaded Soto was persuaded he wasn't going anywhere. I was right. That was later affirmed by Soto's comments following the trade, even admitting he cried when he learned of it. Spud's gonna Spud, tho. It happens.)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Prove it.

Pull me up a clip of a point guard tossing a 60 foot alley oop pass to a player, let alone a pass with 2 guys in the vicinity of the guy who eventually caught the oop.

• Like 1