• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Trae shot like crap this game, but… I think it was one of the better games he has played. His defensive effort was way above his norm and kept us in the game when it could have gotten out of hand. Even though he had 14 assists, he got off the ball relatively quickly or let others bring it up the court until late in the game. He was active when he didn’t have the ball in his hands and literally sacrificed his body on defensive plays.  And he didn’t even take the game winning shot.  He played probably his most unselfish game. Glad we got the win because it will solidify his trust in his teammates. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sturt said:

The premise of saying "we gotta let go of two years ago" is that this season is its own thing.... and I wholeheartedly agree.

So, no, they can't lose to the Houston Rockets and get a pass any more than anyone else can... two years ago, after all, is two years ago.

I mean they're all professionals. And Houston has young studs similar to a younger Hawks. Just like Philly was saying two years ago how could we lose to the Hawks, you're saying that now about the Rockets. Young teams can sneak up on you. They dont know any better. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, only 5 games.  This is a game thread for last night though, and he was horrendous last night.  And for some reason Nate kept putting him into defense-only lineups at the end of the game.  Really felt like Nate wanted to lose last night.  I have no idea what he was seeing in Bogi to put him out there in game-deciding defensive possessions over JJ or Hunter.

Bogi, especially right now on his way back to full health, seems an ideal candidate for an offense/defense swap at the position down the stretch of close games.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Man I hate when I ignore someone and other people keep arguing with the troll. We all know his deal. Just ignore and move on.

No one can be critical of anything in yesterday's game except for the refs.

Yup you right. I still blame @kg01. His judgement STUNK on this recruitment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, shakes said:

oh it's definitely Bogi.  You have to be a massive homer to not see it.    He combines total lack of effort with total lack or IQ for the shitesandwich that is known as his defensive performance.

It's not even just the moronic foul on the 3pt shooter.  Before that he was also guilty of just standing around under the basket and making no effort to find a body to box out.  Him and AJ just sat there stroking their puds while DJJ grabbed a big offensive rebound and got fouled to go to the line.

@AHF comon man. You said yourself no T’ing and he’s been doing it forever. A warning ⚠️… something damn man he ruins it for everyone.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

@AHF comon man. You said yourself no T’ing and he’s been doing it forever. A warning ⚠️… something damn man he ruins it for everyone.

If we would have lost and Bogi played like crap fine… but after we won a buzzer beater and Bogi couldn’t miss?????

@AHF He brought a bit of FakeGM with him man. Just sayin, he’s not being sly about it. It’s blatant.

23 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

They won a ring two years ago. Who won last year? Who was and is still the king of the East today? The focus is on today. This team hasn't accomplished anything yet. 

No team has accomplished anything this year.  

If we are going by your logic, it's much worse for a team who won a championship two years ago to lose to the Rockets. 

Edit: You logic being. It's okay for the Bucks to lose to the Rockets in a regular season because they won a championship two years ago, but it's not okay for the Hawks because they only made it to the ECF two years ago.

It's a terrible loss for both teams. Neither should get a pass.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No team has accomplished anything this year.  

If we are going by your logic, it's much worse for a team who won a championship two years ago to lose to the Rockets. 

My point is we have to move on from the ECF lol. It was two years ago. Different league, different players. And no its not worst for any team to lose to a crappy team in December. Suns were getting blown out by 50 last week. Its December, who cares? CJ McCollum was asked by media was Pels and Suns a rivalry now. He simply answered not until we get some wins in the playoffs. He had already put the game he just played behind him. 

2 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

My point is we have to move on from the ECF lol. It was two years ago. Different league, different players. And no its not worst for any team to lose to a crappy team in December. Suns were getting blown out by 50 last week. Its December, who cares? CJ McCollum was asked by media was Pels and Suns a rivalry now. He simply answered not until we get some wins in the playoffs. He had already put the game he just played behind him. 

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Edit: You logic being. It's okay for the Bucks to lose to the Rockets in a regular season because they won a championship two years ago, but it's not okay for the Hawks because they only made it to the ECF two years ago.

It's a terrible loss for both teams. Neither should get a pass.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You missed the comment about Jalen Johnson being a good rebounder.  And I did not say anything negative about Trae young except he still takes bad shots and turns the ball over. The only thing I said about AJ is that bogi should have stayed in the game not him because his play was suspect.

I did miss the JJ comment.  Saw it when I pulled the quotes.  Doesn't actually say JJ is a good rebounder but says he will be one.  So not actually a positive comment about the game or his performance last night but positive about his future.

Unless I missed it (which is certainly possible), you made no positive comments on anyone other than Hunter, Trent and the future of JJ.  You made 11 negative comments about AJ and Trae with those either being direct negative comments or telling people they shouldn't be making positive comments about them (which I also view as negative but feel free to disagree and support the next person who tells you that you shouldn't praise the good from Hunter in a given game). 

I find the extreme lopsided nature of your comments on AJ and Trae to be disconnected from the idea of balanced commentary that I understood was the point of your previous post.  Again, you may have been advocating for something other than people recognizing both the good and bad from players but that is how I understood your post (i.e., that you didn't want to see people being positive while ignoring negative issues).

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Actually he did not quote me

Here you go:

AJ x5 (pgs 3, 3, 4, 6, 6)

#1 Saying AJ can't play the 3:

18 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

AJ is not a 3

#2 Saying AJ can't defend 3's:

He gets abused by 3's

#3 Saying AJ shouldn't be playing:

17 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Griffin should not be out there

#4 Saying AJ shouldn't be handling the ball:

Why is AJ Griffin handling the ball so much down the stretch????

#5 Saying AJ played like garbage all game

Griffin has been f'ing up the entire game!!

Trae x6 (3, 13, 14, 15, 15, 15)

#1 Reacting to statement that Trae positively impacts the offense even when not making shots:

So predictable LOL!

#2 Reacting to statement that Trae doesn't get the recognition for his contributions from the press

16 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae Trae Trae  Blah blah blah...Y'all need to quit.  This was not one of Trae's better games

#3 The dumb TOs and misses quote you referenced

Still put up some dumb shots and had some bad turnovers

#4 Reacting to the statement that Trae had a good game other than shooting the ball (which notably is an acknowledgement that he did not do that well)

This was not the game to brag about a performance

#5 Reacting to a third separate poster who stated that Trae had made positive contributions to the game and who also acknowledged that he had problems shooting the ball (i.e., someone who acknowledged negatives while also acknowledging positives)

it makes no sense to brag about this game.

#6 Reacting to the statement that there have only been 9 players with 19 & 14 games this season and only 2 other than Trae who have done it more than once

Why do you guys continue to do this???  Only mention the positives?  But anywho

So can you point me to the positive comments you made about AJ or Trae?  Surely you have to acknowledge that made at least some positive plays along with the negative ones that required either you to directly criticize the player or to call out posters who made positive comments.  I need more than a negative statement like "I'm not claiming everything he did was terrible."  That isn't a positive comment in and of itself. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I did miss the JJ comment.  Saw it when I pulled the quotes.  Doesn't actually say JJ is a good rebounder but says he will be one.  So not actually a positive comment about the game or his performance last night but positive about his future.

Unless I missed it (which is certainly possible), you made no positive comments on anyone other than Hunter, Trent and the future of JJ.  You made 11 negative comments about AJ and Trae with those either being direct negative comments or telling people they shouldn't be making positive comments about them (which I also view as negative but feel free to disagree and support the next person who tells you that you shouldn't praise the good from Hunter in a given game). 

I find the extreme lopsided nature of your comments on AJ and Trae to be disconnected from the idea of balanced commentary that I understood was the point of your previous post.  Again, you may have been advocating for something other than people recognizing both the good and bad from players but that is how I understood your post (i.e., that you didn't want to see people being positive while ignoring negative issues).

Here you go:

AJ x5 (pgs 3, 3, 4, 6, 6)

#1 Saying AJ can't play the 3:

#2 Saying AJ can't defend 3's:

#3 Saying AJ shouldn't be playing:

#4 Saying AJ shouldn't be handling the ball:

#5 Saying AJ played like garbage all game

Trae x6 (3, 13, 14, 15, 15, 15)

#1 Reacting to statement that Trae positively impacts the offense even when not making shots:

#2 Reacting to statement that Trae doesn't get the recognition for his contributions from the press

#3 The dumb TOs and misses quote you referenced

#4 Reacting to the statement that Trae had a good game other than shooting the ball (which notably is an acknowledgement that he did not do that well)

#5 Reacting to a third separate poster who stated that Trae had made positive contributions to the game and who also acknowledged that he had problems shooting the ball (i.e., someone who acknowledged negatives while also acknowledging positives)

#6 Reacting to the statement that there have only been 9 players with 19 & 14 games this season and only 2 other than Trae who have done it more than once

So can you point me to the positive comments you made about AJ or Trae?  Surely you have to acknowledge that made at least some positive plays along with the negative ones that required either you to directly criticize the player or to call out posters who made positive comments.  I need more than a negative statement like "I'm not claiming everything he did was terrible."  That isn't a positive comment in and of itself. 

There will be radio silence on this post.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, shakes said:

ok I'll give you the bucket hat thing, but that's about it.    researching a brief?  Who am I, Perry Mason?   

As a top Perry Mason Fan here, you never saw Mason going into the stacks to research anything.   Perry was a doer. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I had to do a similar post audit on Terrell.   He's been a little less critical since I did that.

Let's see if it works on Peo.

What? Are you serious? My posts have nothing to do with you.... smh

You and Peo have your favorites who are basically above criticism..

I dont.. That's the difference

But pat your own back if you want to.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

There's a difference in opinion sharing than trolling. 

If he had said, Bogi is a terrible defender and I can't stand him.  Cool beans. 

He said Bogi is worst all time.  Yeah, that's an opinion, but that's intentionally trolling when he calls anyone providing evidence that Bogi isn't WOAT, nonsense. 

He's also just upset Bogi lit up the Bulls. 

Fair, I typically just read past hyperbole and interpret the essence of what he's saying.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

We gotta let go of two yrs ago and Giannis has a ring and was MVP. They can lose in regular season on the rd two years later in December. They get a pass

Why??

Because letting go of two years ago supports your position?

We just beat a very good Chicago Bulls team with two players from 2 years ago leading the pack.  Yet you say.. Let go?

I say we need to figure out what it was about 2 years ago that worked so well.

Maybe we need to forget about last years playoffs?

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

As a top Perry Mason Fan here, you never saw Mason going into the stacks to research anything.   Perry was a doer. 

also a guy at that level definitely has at least one law clerk/minion to do all his research for him.

The way I practice law would be more accurately described as "My Cousin Vinny-esque".

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

I do the exact opposite.  There is no reason to be hyperbolic if you're making a genuine point. 

and I subscribe to a different school of thought that suggests why even bother posting on the internet if you're not going to claim something is the absolute best or absolute worst thing you've ever seen in your entire life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2