• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, shakes said:

I'll put my chocolate chip cookies up against anything any of your grandma's can come up with.  No way they're dialing it in like I do. no way.    

here are some of the highlights from my chocolate chip cookies:

2 kinds of flour (AP and Bread)

2 kinds of sugar (dark brown and granulated)

teaspoon of espresso powder

2 teaspoons of salt (more than most recipes)

replace butter with BROWN butter (this is the key to taking your cookies to the next level)

after making dough and shaping it into cookie balls, let them sit in the fridge overnight before cooking them (another key, actually makes a noticeable difference in flavor)

Serious cookie game.  Grandma’s don’t resort to tactics like that.  They can make three ingredients taste better than someone who dials in.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Serious cookie game.  Grandma’s don’t resort to tactics like that.  They can make three ingredients taste better than someone who dials in.  

I agree.  Only way to beat a grandma is with fancy ingredients and Food Channel cooking techniques.    If that fails they can also be beaten with a switch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I did miss the JJ comment.  Saw it when I pulled the quotes.  Doesn't actually say JJ is a good rebounder but says he will be one.  So not actually a positive comment about the game or his performance last night but positive about his future.

Unless I missed it (which is certainly possible), you made no positive comments on anyone other than Hunter, Trent and the future of JJ.  You made 11 negative comments about AJ and Trae with those either being direct negative comments or telling people they shouldn't be making positive comments about them (which I also view as negative but feel free to disagree and support the next person who tells you that you shouldn't praise the good from Hunter in a given game). 

I find the extreme lopsided nature of your comments on AJ and Trae to be disconnected from the idea of balanced commentary that I understood was the point of your previous post.  Again, you may have been advocating for something other than people recognizing both the good and bad from players but that is how I understood your post (i.e., that you didn't want to see people being positive while ignoring negative issues).

Here you go:

AJ x5 (pgs 3, 3, 4, 6, 6)

#1 Saying AJ can't play the 3:

#2 Saying AJ can't defend 3's:

#3 Saying AJ shouldn't be playing:

#4 Saying AJ shouldn't be handling the ball:

#5 Saying AJ played like garbage all game

Trae x6 (3, 13, 14, 15, 15, 15)

#1 Reacting to statement that Trae positively impacts the offense even when not making shots:

#2 Reacting to statement that Trae doesn't get the recognition for his contributions from the press

#3 The dumb TOs and misses quote you referenced

#4 Reacting to the statement that Trae had a good game other than shooting the ball (which notably is an acknowledgement that he did not do that well)

#5 Reacting to a third separate poster who stated that Trae had made positive contributions to the game and who also acknowledged that he had problems shooting the ball (i.e., someone who acknowledged negatives while also acknowledging positives)

#6 Reacting to the statement that there have only been 9 players with 19 & 14 games this season and only 2 other than Trae who have done it more than once

So can you point me to the positive comments you made about AJ or Trae?  Surely you have to acknowledge that made at least some positive plays along with the negative ones that required either you to directly criticize the player or to call out posters who made positive comments.  I need more than a negative statement like "I'm not claiming everything he did was terrible."  That isn't a positive comment in and of itself. 

2f9.gif.12f198880e29e53efe39ea0f954d0428.gif

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, shakes said:

also a guy at that level definitely has at least one law clerk/minion to do all his research for him.

The way I practice law would be more accurately described as "My Cousin Vinny-esque".

Oh... don't disrespect Della and Paul...  Paul was so damn Cool, he made Perry Look Cooler. 

I was watching the other day and notice the blatant sexual harassments that was going on out in the open. It was a different time. 

positraction

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shakes said:

and I subscribe to a different school of thought that suggests why even bother posting on the internet if you're not going to claim something is the absolute best or absolute worst thing you've ever seen in your entire life.

Two things can be true at once..lol

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Why??

Because letting go of two years ago supports your position?

We just beat a very good Chicago Bulls team with two players from 2 years ago leading the pack.  Yet you say.. Let go?

I say we need to figure out what it was about 2 years ago that worked so well.

Maybe we need to forget about last years playoffs?

Yes we beat the Bulls. Great win with a limited squad too. Pelicans aren't hanging on to two victories over the Suns I bet.

Yes we do need to forget about last year playoffs. We barely made it in and we got gentlemen swept. We dont need to remember last year

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Yes we beat the Bulls. Great win with a limited squad too. Pelicans aren't hanging on to two victories over the Suns I bet.

Yes we do need to forget about last year playoffs. We barely made it in and we got gentlemen swept. We dont need to remember last year

What fans remember or not has no bearing on the teams performance. What is your point lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

What fans remember or not has no bearing on the teams performance. What is your point lol

The guy in the post for some reason needed to bring up Giannis losing to the Rockets as if they are not supposed to because they were the ECF champs. 

My point is who cares about Giannis, ECF two years ago and what other teams do against the Rockets? Is that good enough or no?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

I did miss the JJ comment.  Saw it when I pulled the quotes.  Doesn't actually say JJ is a good rebounder but says he will be one.  So not actually a positive comment about the game or his performance last night but positive about his future.

Unless I missed it (which is certainly possible), you made no positive comments on anyone other than Hunter, Trent and the future of JJ.  You made 11 negative comments about AJ and Trae with those either being direct negative comments or telling people they shouldn't be making positive comments about them (which I also view as negative but feel free to disagree and support the next person who tells you that you shouldn't praise the good from Hunter in a given game). 

I find the extreme lopsided nature of your comments on AJ and Trae to be disconnected from the idea of balanced commentary that I understood was the point of your previous post.  Again, you may have been advocating for something other than people recognizing both the good and bad from players but that is how I understood your post (i.e., that you didn't want to see people being positive while ignoring negative issues).

Here you go:

AJ x5 (pgs 3, 3, 4, 6, 6)

#1 Saying AJ can't play the 3:

#2 Saying AJ can't defend 3's:

#3 Saying AJ shouldn't be playing:

#4 Saying AJ shouldn't be handling the ball:

#5 Saying AJ played like garbage all game

Trae x6 (3, 13, 14, 15, 15, 15)

#1 Reacting to statement that Trae positively impacts the offense even when not making shots:

#2 Reacting to statement that Trae doesn't get the recognition for his contributions from the press

#3 The dumb TOs and misses quote you referenced

#4 Reacting to the statement that Trae had a good game other than shooting the ball (which notably is an acknowledgement that he did not do that well)

#5 Reacting to a third separate poster who stated that Trae had made positive contributions to the game and who also acknowledged that he had problems shooting the ball (i.e., someone who acknowledged negatives while also acknowledging positives)

#6 Reacting to the statement that there have only been 9 players with 19 & 14 games this season and only 2 other than Trae who have done it more than once

So can you point me to the positive comments you made about AJ or Trae?  Surely you have to acknowledge that made at least some positive plays along with the negative ones that required either you to directly criticize the player or to call out posters who made positive comments.  I need more than a negative statement like "I'm not claiming everything he did was terrible."  That isn't a positive comment in and of itself. 

I don't know what your definition of negative is but saying that bogi should have been playing over Griffin is just an observation.  Or saying this is not the game to brag about is negative?  Chicago on a back to back on the road when Nate made numerous coaching error to get the team to that point and technically the team should have lost if that Bulls player made the 2nd free throw in regulation?  Or a joke about Northcyde predictably crediting Trae for the win?  Or AJ is not a 3 is negative??   I should not even respond to this weak sauce but if you don't think that anyone should offer an honest opinion on this board then just say so in the rules.  Plus I think you go out of your way to critique my post.  Many of my post aren't even controversial but you go out of your way to make them seem worse than what they really are.  But such is life here on this toxic message board.

1 hour ago, shakes said:

and I subscribe to a different school of thought that suggests why even bother posting on the internet if you're not going to claim something is the absolute best or absolute worst thing you've ever seen in your entire life.

Worst post of all time.  This post makes Bogi look like DPOY.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

This message board is become like state run media...If you comment about anything, the mods are watching!  Except if you comment on the right players like Justin Holiday of course.

Not my fight but ...... lies detected here, peo.

You're just mad you got called out with supporting evidence to back it up.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not my fight but ...... lies detected here, peo.

You're just mad you got called out with supporting evidence to back it up.

Not my fight either but let’s face it I stick my big fat nose in everything so… Peo is reaching. :boxing:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't know what your definition of negative is but saying that bogi should have been playing over Griffin is just an observation.  Or saying this is not the game to brag about is negative?  Chicago on a back to back on the road when Nate made numerous coaching error to get the team to that point and technically the team should have lost if that Bulls player made the 2nd free throw in regulation?  Or a joke about Northcyde predictably crediting Trae for the win?  Or AJ is not a 3 is negative??   I should not even respond to this weak sauce but if you don't think that anyone should offer an honest opinion on this board then just say so in the rules.  Plus I think you go out of your way to critique my post.  Many of my post aren't even controversial but you go out of your way to make them seem worse than what they really are.  But such is life here on this toxic message board.

I guess I'm still seeing you calling people out several times for only posting positives.  I'm seeing that several of the posts you criticized actually had a mix of criticism and praise (i.e., acknowledging a bad shooting game and highlighting positives).

I'm still seeing that you posted nothing positive about these players.

And, yes, I genuinely view all of the posts I cited as negatives in that they either called out posters for saying something positive or directly criticized the player's performance or player even being on the floor.  

Why did I comment?  You were repeatedly make claims about how posters need to be balanced in their praise and criticism in the same thread where you offer nothing positive on the guys who made clutch shots down the stretch to win the game.

No comments on these plays at all but criticisms for the players and the guys who praised them.  Just as a poster, I'm going to push back on that. 

I will admit that you making a bet with me and then refusing to fulfill your part of the bargain gives me a lower threshold for responding at times.  

image.png

• Haha 1