• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, akay said:

Glad we got a win, hopefully it's the spark we need to keep going. Our next 10 are dead easy teams, we should hopefully go 8-2 at worst.. 🤞🏽

But speaking of Bogi closing out games, who would be benched for him? I'm thinking probably Hunter? 

But we just gave him a fat contract, would suck to see him not be there to close out, decisions decisions...

I don't think there is one answer. I think it will vary from game to game depending on who is or isn't playing well and what we need during a given game. We may need an offense/defense pattern depending on time left in a game.
Ex:  It could be Clint if teams a employing the Hack-A-Pela (before the final 2 minutes).

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We're going to need more rebounding and scoring from OO.  His pisspoor PNR game may have fooled the Hornets but these other teams won't go for it.   He should have spent all day to day working on his timing on the lob and finish. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just finished the game. @Wretch (your west coast ISquawkBOTwas in full effect in the middle of the night).

When Bogi was gone I mentioned he’s one of the best shooters in the league, the last few games including tonight he showed why. Laser hot 🥵🔥.

Trae is OUR SUPERSTAR! 31/9 

Tank played the best game of his (Hawk or not) career 😂. Fountain of youth he was moving smoothly like somebody W40 his a$$… keep it out for next game!

OO and JJ with a couple swats on D, great activity.

We did what we had to do. Bury a team worse than us.

Back to .500 15-15 through 30.

I’m not mathematician but if we continue this pace we are looking at 41-41. :huh: 

If we want 50 wins this year.

We have to go 35-17 the rest of the way.

Basically, we need to win 2/3 games on average till the end of the year.

We got this! 

Welcome back on Monday Bob! Can’t wait! Thanks Mike Morgan. He was a pro for sure. 🙇🏿‍♂️ 

Revenge against the Magic on Monday. Let’s go over .500!

Go Hawks!

I know you saw that OO jumpshot from the top of the key.  That release was quick and he hit nothing but net...

👀

• Like 2

10 hours ago, terrell said:

We need more from these 3 players...

Hunter- 11 points and 2 boards. Collins, Capela and Murray all out and this is all he does... Not interested in rebounding or taking over a game at all.. Got to the line some, but his ballhandling looked shaky. 1 assist. This dude can’t pass the ball to save his life. He went off early last game but has since dissappeared.. Such a frustrating player.

OO- 7 points and 7 boards. 2 blocks. Sounds ok, but he wasn’t impressive. He was outplayed by Kaminsky.  He Can’t stop fouling. We need to limit his minutes, and play more Kamisky when Collins comes back. He isn’t protecting the rim consistently so he isn’t giving us much at the center spot on defense. 

JJ- He makes 2 or 3 plays a game to give you hope. Then the rest of the game he just runs around doing nothing. Hes basically a rookie though. No excuse for Dre and OO not to be more consistent by now. It's year 3 and 4 for them..

Player A per 36 ( first 4 years )

• 14.2 ppg
  • 6.2 rebs
  • 1.6 asst
  • 1.0 stls
  • 0.5 blks
  • 45% FG
  • 30% 3FG ( 0.3 makes per 36 )

Player B per 36 ( first 4 years )

• 15.8 ppg
  • 4.8  rebs
  • 1.8 asst
  • 0.8 stls
  • 0.4 blks
  • 44% FG
  • 36% 3FG ( 1.8 makes per 36 min )

Player C per 36 ( first 4 years )

• 12.8 ppg
  • 6.4 rebs
  • 2.1 asst
  • 1.2 stls
  • 0.6 blks
  • 52% FG
  • 36% 3FG ( 0.4 makes per 36 min )

Which player would be more valuable for the Hawks?

11 hours ago, Wretch said:

I know you saw that OO jumpshot from the top of the key.  That release was quick and he hit nothing but net...

👀

:smile: Yes sir!!! Let’s hesitation too, he knew he was gonna take it, and his body language had the confidence that he knew he was gonna MAKE it! Yes sirrrrr!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

We're going to need more rebounding and scoring from OO.  His pisspoor PNR game may have fooled the Hornets but these other teams won't go for it.   He should have spent all day to day working on his timing on the lob and finish. 

Oh he will be ready to roll against the Magic tomorrow no doubt.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 8:33 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Player A per 36 ( first 4 years )

• 14.2 ppg
  • 6.2 rebs
  • 1.6 asst
  • 1.0 stls
  • 0.5 blks
  • 45% FG
  • 30% 3FG ( 0.3 makes per 36 )

Player B per 36 ( first 4 years )

• 15.8 ppg
  • 4.8  rebs
  • 1.8 asst
  • 0.8 stls
  • 0.4 blks
  • 44% FG
  • 36% 3FG ( 1.8 makes per 36 min )

Player C per 36 ( first 4 years )

• 12.8 ppg
  • 6.4 rebs
  • 2.1 asst
  • 1.2 stls
  • 0.6 blks
  • 52% FG
  • 36% 3FG ( 0.4 makes per 36 min )

Which player would be more valuable for the Hawks?

Problem is neither Player A or C attempt 3’s.  That means Player B raises their eFG% by 3’s and possibly more FT attempts.  

I think giving up the spacing with Players A and C is an issue.  Going with Player B because the other two don’t fit with Capela.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

The third quarter aside, this was an unexpectedly fun game without DM, JC and CC.  

And can we just mention that Frank outscored 3 of our starters, was second on the team in rebounds, second on the team in assists, second on the team in +/-, and led the team in steals?  How often will we be able to say that?

Talking Heads Once In A Lifetime GIF - Talking Heads Once In A Lifetime David Byrne GIFs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1