• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae trade rumor…Mavericks

noble

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Now it's Zach Lavine's turn. The Mavs are a team without assets to trade for these types of players.

The Dallas Mavericks are a team who could potentially have interest in LaVine given their motivation to pair a second star with Luka Doncic.

"I just know that there are fans of him that hold prominent positions within the Mavericks," said Tim MacMahon on the Lowe Post podcast. "Again, I'm not sitting here and telling you there's some great consensus. I think there's enough fans of him where I wouldn't totally rule it out."

Zach Lowe interjected that the Bulls do not appear prepared to entertain trading LaVine at this point. The trade value of LaVine given his contract and injury issues is also difficult to gauge.

These eggsperts are literally stealing money.

Now we're "reporting" what teams "potentially" have interest in players.  You could literally write 29 of the same story, just switch a couple names.

Is that worth the 7-figure salaries?  Sign me up, folx! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@noble

First of all, thank you for coming here and sharing your news with us.  But here is the question (s) of the day and you can answer this.

1.  Why should the Hawks trade Trae for, yes, this team has alot of issues, but this team is still in the playoff hunt, so why trade your best player for?

2.  What kind of package can they even bring in, they don't have their first-round pick (going to the Knicks) and there are no players on the Mavs is going to till the needle better for the Hawks.

3.  I was thinking that Trae and Luka cant be on the same team because of the Rookie Max contract (I dont know if that is right or wrong, help me out Cap Experts)

At the end of the day, Trae is going to stay, no matter if he like it or not because there is too much money, picks and time invested in him plus with all of those picks that Spurs will get will become straight gold-mine.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

3. I was thinking that Trae and Luka cant be on the same team because of the Rookie Max contract (I dont know if that is right or wrong, help me out Cap Experts)

Teams can have 2 one of which they can trade for.

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

If the pundits believe that a tift between Trae and Nate will end up with Trae being traded, they are STUPID.

Thats Stupid GIFs | Tenor

Outside of this fanbase there is real talk about it. While I don’t think it will happen personally, everyone believes it outside of ATL fans. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, noble said:

Outside of this fanbase there is real talk about it. While I don’t think it will happen personally, everyone believes it outside of ATL fans. 

Nate and the 2 coaches after him will be fired before we trade Trae.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, noble said:

well.... the average person is an idiot, after all. 

OH WAIT - YOU LIVE IN TEXAS! Duh - makes perfect sense you're hearing nonsense everywhere you go. I stopped traveling through Texas... I became dumber every visit. 

• Haha 3

Lol come on now….we know EVERYONE does not believe this outside of ATL fan base. I know plenty of folks all over and big fans of the nba and they know this has no legs whatsoever.

Do me a favor and give those insiders this tweet from Traes dad and see what they say.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, warcore said:

well.... the average person is an idiot, after all. 

OH WAIT - YOU LIVE IN TEXAS! Duh - makes perfect sense you're hearing nonsense everywhere you go. I stopped traveling through Texas... I became dumber every visit. 

Why the need to insult this man and the entire state of Texas?  One thing I learned doing business outside of the south is the rest of the country thinks we are all dumb country simpletons.  I don't like this energy calling people from an entire state or region dumb.  That's exactly what people in California and NYC say about GA, it's not cool.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ressler is not trading Trae for the same reason he acquired Trae, team valuation.  The Hawks were purchased for $730 million in 2015.  They are currently worth 2 billion.  Trae is the center of that marketing valuation along with State Farm arena. This is a business. Ressler is a very good business man.  Same as Arthur Blank.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Why the need to insult this man and the entire state of Texas?  One thing I learned doing business outside of the south is the rest of the country thinks we are all dumb country simpletons.  I don't like this energy calling people from an entire state or region dumb.  That's exactly what people in California and NYC say about GA, it's not cool.  

I didn't insult the man I insulted the people he speaks to. I don't live in GA so that doesn't apply to me. I've unfortunately had to spend quite a bit of time in TX so I've experienced their public first hand, over and over again. I also assist medical professionals in TX on a regular basis and I must say, their logic is just sad -- they literally kill people and don't even realize how awful they are. Can you say the same?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think I figured it out. It's more so Mavs are anxious Luka will be looking to move on since they haven't built a team around him.

Nikola Jokic more likely to recruit Luka Doncic than the other way around?

i_6f_85_09_luka-doncic.png?w=190

Mavericks insider Tim McMahon brought up the possibility of Luka teaming up with an All-Star. However, the scenario he mentioned doesn’t involve the other star joining the Mavs. Rather, the rumored star could recruit Doncic to his own team. The player in the scenario is Jokic, a close friend of the Dallas All-Star. “Well, the only reason I’m gonna say yes is because I’ve seen Mavericks fans (acting enthusiastically), ‘Him and Luka are buddies, Jokic’s in the house,'” MacMahon said. “I would be more concerned about perhaps that thing going the other way.”

Mavericks insider Tim McMahon brought up the possibility of Luka teaming up with an All-Star. However, the scenario he mentioned doesn’t involve the other star joining the Mavs. Rather, the rumored star could recruit Doncic to his own team. The player in the scenario is Jokic, a close friend of the Dallas All-Star. “Well, the only reason I’m gonna say yes is because I’ve seen Mavericks fans (acting enthusiastically), ‘Him and Luka are buddies, Jokic’s in the house,'” MacMahon said. “I would be more concerned about perhaps that thing going the other way.” – via Reign Amurao @ SportsKeeda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Mavs do not have the resources (players, picks or cap space) in the near term to acquire a star to play alongside Luka, so any rumors about them acquiring such a player are dead in the water. 

That is not to say they could not get lucky and have someone come out of nowhere to become that second star but we all know that is a low probability outcome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think I figured it out. It's more so Mavs are anxious Luka will be looking to move on since they haven't built a team around him.

i_6f_85_09_luka-doncic.png?w=190

Mavericks insider Tim McMahon brought up the possibility of Luka teaming up with an All-Star. However, the scenario he mentioned doesn’t involve the other star joining the Mavs. Rather, the rumored star could recruit Doncic to his own team. The player in the scenario is Jokic, a close friend of the Dallas All-Star. “Well, the only reason I’m gonna say yes is because I’ve seen Mavericks fans (acting enthusiastically), ‘Him and Luka are buddies, Jokic’s in the house,'” MacMahon said. “I would be more concerned about perhaps that thing going the other way.”

Mavericks insider Tim McMahon brought up the possibility of Luka teaming up with an All-Star. However, the scenario he mentioned doesn’t involve the other star joining the Mavs. Rather, the rumored star could recruit Doncic to his own team. The player in the scenario is Jokic, a close friend of the Dallas All-Star. “Well, the only reason I’m gonna say yes is because I’ve seen Mavericks fans (acting enthusiastically), ‘Him and Luka are buddies, Jokic’s in the house,'” MacMahon said. “I would be more concerned about perhaps that thing going the other way.” – via Reign Amurao @ SportsKeeda

So Texans are just in denial? Weird....

Get 'em Joker! I'd love to bust out the popcorn to see that go down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did it feel as good for you to write this as it did me reading it? :cheer:#byemavs #helloNuggs 

If this happens I’m making 2 fake accounts on Realgm with different IP addresses from various locations just to fck with Texaschick and that entire staff at FAKEWANNABEGM :angry2: #theybummy

• Haha 2