• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

16 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For what its worth, if you would have asked me, I would have told you that Denver did not have a championship roster. 

Sometimes you have to be patient and see growth take shape

Really?

They have a top 3 player in the league..with back to back MVP's, 

You always have a chance with one of those..

Theyre pretty damn deep too...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Really?

Yep.  And they took all this hate for early exits the last two years but they were missing Murray and/or Porter.  Murray, KCP,  Porter, Gordon, Jokic is a pretty great lineup and way better than what the Heat were throwing out there 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yep.  And they took all this hate for early exits the last two years but they were missing Murray and/or Porter.  Murray, KCP,  Porter, Gordon, Jokic is a pretty great lineup and way better than what the Heat were throwing out there 

And Bruce Brown was a helluva pickup for them...

24 minutes ago, terrell said:

Really?

Ok well, better question is who on here picked Denver to come out of the West, let alone win the whole thing?

Nobody is denying their talent, hell, we have talent. A lot of teams have a lot of talent.

Fact is, their roster looks a whole lot better after getting it done than it did before hand.

They had an MVP and got bounced early. Until they proved themselves Jokic was just the voter’s champ, now he can say he is a real champion.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

1. MIA doesn't have the assets.

2. Disagree.  What's left post-trade there wouldn't be daunting. 

Beal is unique because he has a no trade clause!

so he dictates where he goes and what is traded for him!

all indications are he wants to go to Miami.

• Premium Member
On 6/9/2023 at 1:09 PM, Wretch said:

I will say this though...

The overly analytical part of my brain has me thinking there's more to this story than what we're seeing on the outside.  Specifically, I'm wondering if the reports that people close to him want him out of New Orleans are/were a big deal and he wants out of New Orleans but doesn't want the bad press that comes with it.  If he did, using the loud and popular narrative about his weight/health/maturity would be the perfect smoke screen to drive a trade.

3 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

Thinking Batman GIF - Thinking Batman Rub Chin - Discover ...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Jokic was and is the real deal. No surprises they won, just took getting past the overrated trash.

Just like if we got past the Celtics, Sixers, and Heat to get to the finals. 

If anything it proves that you can win a championship by addition not swapping out. They got great contributions from KCP, Jeff Green, Aaron Gordon, and finally their MP jr.

I'd like to see the Hawks swap just a few pieces but add a bunch. 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Ok well, better question is who on here picked Denver to come out of the West, let alone win the whole thing?

Nobody is denying their talent, hell, we have talent. A lot of teams have a lot of talent.

Fact is, their roster looks a whole lot better after getting it done than it did before hand.

They had an MVP and got bounced early. Until they proved themselves Jokic was just the voter’s champ, now he can say he is a real champion.

Missing 2 starters when bounced early... And Bruce Brown addition was huge imo..

ANY team can get bounced btw, but Im taking that roster over most teams no question.. 

31 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Beal is unique because he has a no trade clause!

so he dictates where he goes and what is traded for him!

all indications are he wants to go to Miami.

I get all that.  But heres a couple thoughts..

1. Folks bill MIA as a player destination, but it's a largely unearned reputation.   What's reality is that MIA is used as leverage.  Everybody goes, "Uh oh, so and so has Miami on his list.  Pat Riley always gets 'em."  But that's just not the case.  KD has had mia on his list like 5 times, met with em and everything but never goes there.  Long story long, I put little stick in Beal or Lillard claiming they want to get to Miami. 

2. It should be noted that WAS simply sitting Beal on the shelf also helps their tank.  That is likely a better option than bending over and accepting a paltry MIA deal.  Considering his age, Beal can't afford to lose a year off his prime.  Thus it appears Beal has a lot of leverage but he doesn't have all the leverage. 

• Like 2

This is not from me I’m just repeating what I am seeing on other hawks media that I follow.

apparently on ESPN they stated that Zion said he wants to play with Trae & the hawks.

I didn’t hear it myself as I rarely watch ESPN these days but if that’s a true …it’s very interesting.

wonder if any of our insiders can confirm this rumor 👀

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Cap peeps…when can he be traded if he opts in?

It's not like he was just re-signed. The contract just remains in force... like it already was. So, answering your question, immediately.

(If I'm missing something in that, someone please correct me.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I gotta say I had them pegged all along if their roster was healthy. Love the way they play and once I saw the Joker locked in, I was convinced. Murray is the real deal. 

Same as Bogi when we did his and can't be traded until November.  But the question is that if Beal is traded, do you think it will open up more feelers for DJM, I know that he wants to get paid and I have no faith that the team will go into Tax land.