• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

He was lucky on that shot, Dwindiddie had the block and failed.

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

I think Trae shot it from his elbow to avoid it, no? Or am I giving Trae too much credit?

• Like 2

Just now, hawkman said:

Brooklyn isn't a terrible team. They'll probably still end up in the Play In when it's all said and done.

I agree they aren't a bad team; I wasn't trying to imply that. I want our team to be able to hold an 18-point lead when they get it established. This game should not have had to come down to a buzzer-beater to avoid overtime. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

2 - 3 is not hot from 3.  He was 2 - 6 overall.  He was +13 for the game, so his presence on the floor didn't hurt us.

True. I guess I still had last game on memory. 

Trae was -9, would you say his presence on the floor hurt us? We didn't win because of the starters, we should thank 3ogi for that.

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's not luck.  That's a skillful offensive player having the presence of mind to get the shot off, and feeling where all defenders were around him.

Trae understood he shouldn't drive all the way to the paint. Foul line jumper.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

2 - 3 is not hot from 3.  He was 2 - 6 overall.  He was +13 for the game, so his presence on the floor didn't hurt us.

He spaced the floor, especially late which gave Trae and Murray attacking lanes. They just didn't finish or turned the ball over but they had space to operate 

They had room to do work

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

True. I guess I still had last game on memory. 

Trae was -9, would you say his presence on the floor hurt us? We didn't win because of the starters, we should thank 3ogi for that.

The starters had a stinker in the 3rd which killed their metrics and was a +0 to start. So I wouldn't say he's the blame, if anything, he played well to me. He just got cooked on defense, like a lot. Brooklyn is a hard team to play against. Everyone can attack and move well off the ball and score and hiding Trae just got him exposed in backdoor action which terrell saw clearly 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The rare win when ALL 5 starters are ( - ) on the floor.

That almost never happens.

I said it during the 3rd. The bench is much better with Bey. It's like we found our Gallo or Huerter back. More like Huerter

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Bey was terrible on defense tonight bar none

He was horrendous. He got cooked as much as Trae. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bey was terrible on defense tonight bar none

Now that he was...

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Whole team was terrible giving up 127 pts.  These early Sunday games have always been a bugaboo for the Hawks so I'm happy to get out of this one with a win.

images.jpg.1abde8327473169bb335b8d58886ae56.jpg

1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

Bey is not worth 4/90 like he supposedly wants. He needs better and more consistent defense to get anywhere close to that contract demand. 

He's never gonna get that type of contract. He can't guard shit. He defends like Kevin 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1