• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, JTB said:

I’m not making excuses for Trae. He was terrible in the 4th but I believe he hurt his wrist earlier in the 4th or late in the 3rd. I can’t remember when but he did hurt his wrist.

The problem i have with that is if he did hurt his wrist and he knows this.  Then quit forcing everything and trying to do it yourself.   You have other very talented guys on the team to pass out to instead of trying the same thing over and over again that isn't working in iso he does the almost every 4th quarter with like 5 minutes or less left.  He is to damn good of a passer to go hero ball and nullify the rest of the offense on like 80% trips down.  What baffles me most is we do pretty great all the way up until those last 5 iso minutes on offense.  So it's not like it isn't working for most of the game why go away from it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He plays emotionally.  It's the stuff that makes him great.  But he has to learn when to dial it back and make the correct play.  Quin needs to beat into his head that he will not get foul calls at the end of games.  So he either has to commit to running pick and roll, or move the ball around to his teammates.

ON that last drive, he got hammered....  by two three people.  No Call.  Come on man.  Refs knew what they were doing. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Well, if you have Murray on Beal, then you stop switching.  They were dialing up the Murray Trae switch for us.   And when we started to recognize it, we were still doing something like a switch.   Murray was never what I would call tight on Beal.  Beal always had space.   No picks either. 

I would also like to see them also throw in a hard trap on the PnR with Beal like teams do against Trae.

14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Beal talking trash.

Trae had his shot blocked the last three times down.

They in the penalty and we can get a foul....

It's going to be a fight.

Too damn small andthink he's 6'6 smh

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Threezus said:

The problem i have with that is if he did hurt his wrist and he knows this.  Then quit forcing everything and trying to do it yourself.   You have other very talented guys on the team to pass out to instead of trying the same thing over and over again that isn't working in iso he does the almost every 4th quarter with like 5 minutes or less left.  He is to damn good of a passer to go hero ball and nullify the rest of the offense on like 80% trips down.  What baffles me most is we do pretty great all the way up until those last 5 iso minutes on offense.  So it's not like it isn't working for most of the game why go away from it.

I don't think he was any more hurt than a stinger.   After all those blocks, he came back and hit a picture perfect three.  Not to mention before those blocks, he had hit a few shots. 

I just think that he tried the smart play... i.e. when you have a team in the penalty, you play aggressively.   The only problem is that the refs didn't call one and two were clean blocks.   Moreover, nobody had the mind to go with him. 

• Premium Member

Aren't y'all forgetting about the pick 6 that loss the lead and turned the game completely around?  Are we going to fire Snyder now?  At some point reality has to set in.  It ain't the coach or the bench or the other starters.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't think he was any more hurt than a stinger.   After all those blocks, he came back and hit a picture perfect three.  Not to mention before those blocks, he had hit a few shots. 

I just think that he tried the smart play... i.e. when you have a team in the penalty, you play aggressively.   The only problem is that the refs didn't call one and two were clean blocks.   Moreover, nobody had the mind to go with him. 

He does this shit all the time tho. It's just ya'll blame it on Nate.

• Like 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

The lack of defensive versatile players is a f***ing killer for us but we already knew that. That's why we are extremely reliant on Hunter. 

I felt Griffin did well on D. It's his O that's been letting us down of late.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Yeah but diesel me and you both have complained way to many times about the iso hero ball of our losses.   if this was a 1 or 2 time thing and rarely happened ok thats fine.  But when it happens so often in alot of our losses and we see it then the rest of the players on the team are going to see and feel it as well.  That in turn probably puts in their minds not to move and not to be active because they think their not getting the ball anyways.   If we stayed running the pnr and motion offense and passing the ball more often people would stay more active and the defense from the other team wouldn't just crash hard on trae having him running into like 2 or 3 guys every trip in the last few minutes of every game.     Heck if anything it would probably help trae and he can still have the last shot if he wants it but atleast the floor would be spread out more giving him a better lane at the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Washington commentators were saying the obvious…….Trae was trying to do it all by himself.

If he's gonna do this on the 1st day of Quin regime, he aint changing..... Sorry..

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi only played 19 minutes? :er:

Yeah that was a Nate move there.. I dont get it..

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

ON that last drive, he got hammered....  by two three people.  No Call.  Come on man.  Refs knew what they were doing. 

I agree.

But at some point, Trae has to learn that he's not going to get that call at the end of games.

So he has to either play to get his floater, or get the ball to someone else.

• Like 1