• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (2 of 2)

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

It hurts watching Huerter . He would have been so useful with Quin as his coach. We never got his full usefulness with Trae's ball dominance.  Let me say it again you don't trade three point shooters like Huerter.  Never!

While FEB was a nightmare for him, he had a tremendous night tonight. 

I have no faith in KAT. He has all the skills but no dog in him. Hawks are still a soft team with KAT. This team needs someone  with physicality  and defensive chops. I just don't see it with  him. He's what I call a floater. He will spend the majority of his time around the three point line and little in the paint. 

1 minute ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I have no faith in KAT. He has all the skills but no dog in him. Hawks are still a soft team with KAT. This team needs someone  with physicality  and defensive chops. I just don't see it with  him. He's what I call a floater. He will spend the majority of his time around the three point line and little in the paint. 

That dog talk is trash if we gonna be honest. A lot of people say nonsense about Trae which is trash. I watch Trae nightly and I can usually tell when someone doesn't know his game off the rip. They say things like, Trae is a ball hog. Trae makes teams worse with is false, etc. KAT being soft or having no dog is a trash take. You don't draw doubles, make teams scheme for you if you don't have any dog in you. 

The Hawks problem isn't being soft. 

It's being small. 

Not being capable to score without someone creating their offense in the paint or Trae's dribble drive

I watch a lot of Basketball, and soft isn't what the Hawks are. If anything, letting Gallo and Kevin go got rid of some of the soft sigmas and it's clear it's not them because the Kings have less tough players than us and are winning. 

Are you sure: https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1626157/shots-dash?Season=2020-21

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1626157/shots-dash?Season=2021-22

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1626157/shots-dash?Season=2022-23

His metrics say he's far more likely to be in the paint.

Just changing JC to OO gives us 15 pounds and defensive versatility which we lack at the 4 right now. 

KAT like Capela is more limited defensively but he's not elite at anything on D whereas Clint is. That said, KAT Is strong at paint protection which is really where OO is weak. 

• Thanks 1

I still have no faith in KAT. Yes I think he is soft and spends too much time around the three point line. I think the Hawks as a team lacks physicality.  Other than Capela  and OO I can't name anyone and they aren't at the most physical of players. I understand you like KAT,  he obviously has some skills which could help the Hawks , I just have a different opinion of him . There is nothing about his game that says tough/ physical ball player  to me and eight rebounds a game doesn't help. I respect your opinion  but we will disagree on this one. 

For me, the five most important things for winning: 

1. Fit - Hawks, Raptors, and Bulls are prime examples of what you don't want. 

2. Defensive versatility - The best teams got 4 guys who can defend multiple positions. 

3. Shooting - Modern NBA

4. Talent - If you don't have enough talent, you just end up with our 60-win Hawks.

5. Coaching - Self-explanatory. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Good points, I would add physicality and size under defense as well. And under shooting it is a Cardinal sin to trade a very good three point shooter who also has some other skills, especially in the Modern  NBA. The Hawks aren't that far away they just need to make some tweaks.  Hopefully AJ will fill the void left by Heurter but the front court is problematic. 

8 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Speedy Claxton

Uuuuuuu muddaaaaa {my best Italian mobster soprano voice} :angry2: 

Fine.. it’s whatever now Craig but back then I used to plug you into NBAlive2005 bro. Stars ⭐️ never aligned I guess as a Hawk as much as under Pop as a Spur.

8 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

your friend and mine,

@lethalweapon3you get that blood 🩸 boiling then you bring it right back down. Reading your stuff is like going to Disneyland without getting charged a grand. :laugh1:

Yes… our friend.. indeed. I ain’t mad atcha Craig. As Derrick Rose 🌹 would say, nobody is really gonna care about this in 300 years.. :er: It’s been about 18 years and I’m over it now. 

• Like 1

Can I do “my wants” now? 

I just finished the game and I ain’t got no wants. Despite losing the game and now being 1-3 under Quin I see changes. We play HARDer now. This was a playoff atmosphere type of a game to me minus the grind down possessions throughout.

Saddiq Bey is the man. Hands down dude is the one. We are lucky to get him from the Pistons. My fav move of the night from him was the top of the key one on one matchup where he just took Tyler Herro’s lunch 🥪 and got his mama phone 📞 number too. Old school style back down that is basically telling Tyler look.. I’M BIGGER AND STRONGER’N YOU!!! Bey is a keeper. That quick release 3 and has a synergy with the rim. 

Hunter played well throughout to me, he’s probably benefited the 2nd most from Quin taking over. He was on for much of the game but he did have a brain fart down the stretch, he will learn and move on.

The Trae turnover late was tough but that boy made some crazzzzzzy passes the entire game. I think one of them was with Capela being the beneficiary of the pass out of a triple team but Trae put the ball on a platter for a lay in despite all the pressure on D.

Capela has benefitted the most from Quin. He looked great early on I think he was like 5/5 FG at one point. Prolly runnin those Gobert Utah plays for him out of the playbook but I’ve noticed Capela has been looking more mobile since Quin took over. 

@AUhawksfanchess ♟️ is right. Give him time. In Q we trust.

I’m glad we gettin the heck out of Miami. I‘m tired of Eric Reid, John Crotty, and the coach Fioren… wait retired.. I digress but still.. KABOOM 💥 was hurting my ear 👂🏿’s.

Hoping to get back to even Steven on Wednesday at Washington. 

Go Hawks!!!

ps I’m already tired of Kuzma and we ain’t even there yet. :laugh1:

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hawkman said:

Ok, now I feel old. Look up Paul "Snoop" Graham while you're at it. I loved that guy's game because he played like he was at the local gym. 🤣

I remember Snoop. It was a time when we were thirsty for anything and he came in and gave us burn.

@hawkman did you look up the last mention of Henry James or did you remember him? 

I got VHS 📼 tapes with Snoop Graham and  Stacey Augmon due to Augmon’s rookie year I taped every game I could back then. 

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae just ridiculous with this pass

Wow!

...and that should have been a goul on Strus.

That’s it! That was the sick one yes indeed. That’s an extremely difficult play. Awesome 👏 Trae, I yelled when I saw it live :sarcastic:

• Like 1