• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (2 of 2)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Question,  why did Minnesota feel the need to add Gobert? Just asking!

Because their interior defense was terrible. 

KAT had several good years of putting up numbers.  But their defense was not great.   This year, their rebounding is not great.  

For us.. KAT would be another offensive player who would need to figure the game out.  His 3 pt shooting is down but he has a three point shot.  So in some respects, he would fill a need.   It would just be interesting to see what Minny would require (they've lost so much) and what KAT's mentality is... 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Because their interior defense was terrible. 

KAT had several good years of putting up numbers.  But their defense was not great.   This year, their rebounding is not great.  

For us.. KAT would be another offensive player who would need to figure the game out.  His 3 pt shooting is down but he has a three point shot.  So in some respects, he would fill a need.   It would just be interesting to see what Minny would require (they've lost so much) and what KAT's mentality is... 

The way some of you guys talk about KAT is exactly how many message boards I've been on talk about Trae. A lot of wrong shit. 

@Sothron is probably the only poster here who watches more Wolves games than me and his opinion generally reflects most Wolves fans opinions on KAT whereas, you guys sound like Hawk fans, not national fans on Trae. 

I am not saying you guys don't have valid opinions on KAT, I am saying, it's generally an extreme one way opinion that's generally wrong. KAT and Trae maybe the two most misconstrued players if you don't watch all of their games. 

To me, players from 15-60 are generally all pretty similar level wise in this league and can be undervalued or overvalued depending on the person but based on what I see here from many on KAT, its a lot of trash. I seen idiots on Hawks Reddit say he's a losing player. It's a lot of the same foolishness you read on Trae on other message boards. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I agree . I just don't think he will rebound play defense  and protect the rim. No doubt he is talented and could give us what we need. I just question his want to when it comes to the rebounding and defense.  No one has ever questioned his talent. 

His rebounding is fine especially next to OO. 

He doesn't protect the rim well but OO does. 

He does protect the paint well and that's one of his defensive strengths which is a weakness for OO. 

He's a 11.2 RPG guy in his career. That's good for a center. 

• Premium Member

The Hawks played well.  However, you can't win if the refs don't want you to.  If you take the free throws out, the Hawks scored 111 and the Heat scored 98.  On a side note, Trae had three, THREE and-1s.  None were called.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Need AJ to develop into that guy. 

A.J. doesn't have the defensive versatility. What's nice is he can defend SGs well which was unexpected to say the least as a prospect. He still needs to stay, he can be an elite 6th man who could be a very good starter in the right personnel grouping. 

He's the one guy who would benefit if we decided to trade Trae instead of Murray as his fit with Murray is much better than with Trae. 

Edited by NBASupes

Everyone on the Squawk knows what the old man complains about.  Well, he's at it again.

Hawks began their latest game afire.  We all knew they couldn't possibly maintain this pace.  They won the 1st quarter by a wide margin.  They then lost the next three quarters.  However, they did play well for the most part.  Some things didn't go well.  Some did.

What's the complaint?  Hawks loss was only by two points.  Six times they were at the free throw line that they failed to score.  Yep.  They missed six.   Lost the game by two.  Hit those free throws and Hawks win.  Miss them and we see the results.  Dang!  We pay these players millions in annual salary and they can't make their free throws.  I know.  The Heat got a lot more chances.  We left the game on the free throw line.

🥲

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

The Hawks played well.  However, you can't win if the refs don't want you to.  If you take the free throws out, the Hawks scored 111 and the Heat scored 98.  On a side note, Trae had three, THREE and-1s.  None were called.

I hate watching the Heat.   They get away with so much.   I honestly think refs are intimidated. 

Every play on defense...  Bam has right up arm.. left arm at the waist of who he's defending.   He used that left to push, pull, or just move the player.. especially on the shot.  He pushed DJ so hard that DJ shot up an airball.  DJ's not going to complain.   ON top of that.. Gabe is allowed to grab and hold... 

Then there's the moving screens and the screens with just a little more of a push added to it.   They call it physical play.   It's a foul though.   When we were rolling in the first, you could actually see the refs start to scramble to figure out what they need to do.   It was on their face.   That's not the posture of the ref.   The ref's job is not to control the game and give a good product for TV.. The ref's job is to call the game according to the rules. 

JJ is called for touch Phatom Fouls... sandwhiched between possession where Gabe is raping Trae on the court.  If you pulled up JJ's fouls... you would see a big bunch of nothing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

i realize Hunter is a very good player and is super important to our defense.  But has the dude ever hit an important shot in crunch time.   Yeah he hits some late shots but they are usually too late.  Sure it's not his fault we lost but he's got to be able to knock down open 3s when it really matters.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

It hurts watching Huerter . He would have been so useful with Quin as his coach. We never got his full usefulness with Trae's ball dominance.  Let me say it again you don't trade three point shooters like Huerter.  Never!

Damn yall still talking about Huerter? smh

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

i realize Hunter is a very good player and is super important to our defense.  But has the dude ever hit an important shot in crunch time.   Yeah he hits some late shots but they are usually too late.  Sure it's not his fault we lost but he's got to be able to knock down open 3s when it really matters.  

If it's one thing I hope he works on is his shooting from outside.   But secondly, his aggressiveness and when to be aggressive.   Early he played very well.. actually, it was a good game for him.  Miami tends to lay off the 3 position (as we saw in the playoffs and as we saw from Bey).. that means that Bey and Hunter should have gone smoove off.   But he made one very nice pass to JC... I wasn't mad at him yesterday.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If it's one thing I hope he works on is his shooting from outside.   But secondly, his aggressiveness and when to be aggressive.   Early he played very well.. actually, it was a good game for him.  Miami tends to lay off the 3 position (as we saw in the playoffs and as we saw from Bey).. that means that Bey and Hunter should have gone smoove off.   But he made one very nice pass to JC... I wasn't mad at him yesterday.

He is who he is at this point.  He's a really good 2 way player with great size and physical tools.   He is bad at clutch shooting and very bad at passing.   That can be a big problem.  

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I hate watching the Heat.   They get away with so much.   I honestly think refs are intimidated. 

Every play on defense...  Bam has right up arm.. left arm at the waist of who he's defending.   He used that left to push, pull, or just move the player.. especially on the shot.  He pushed DJ so hard that DJ shot up an airball.  DJ's not going to complain.   ON top of that.. Gabe is allowed to grab and hold... 

Then there's the moving screens and the screens with just a little more of a push added to it.   They call it physical play.   It's a foul though.   When we were rolling in the first, you could actually see the refs start to scramble to figure out what they need to do.   It was on their face.   That's not the posture of the ref.   The ref's job is not to control the game and give a good product for TV.. The ref's job is to call the game according to the rules. 

JJ is called for touch Phatom Fouls... sandwhiched between possession where Gabe is raping Trae on the court.  If you pulled up JJ's fouls... you would see a big bunch of nothing. 

They play like the Seattle Seahawks

10 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

It hurts watching Huerter . He would have been so useful with Quin as his coach. We never got his full usefulness with Trae's ball dominance.  Let me say it again you don't trade three point shooters like Huerter.  Never!

Who was better in their tenure here?  Huerter or Bogi?

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He is who he is at this point.  He's a really good 2 way player with great size and physical tools.   He is bad at clutch shooting and very bad at passing.   That can be a big problem.  

No.  His summer with Carmelo improved him a lot.   Players can get better.  Just look at the GOAT.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Who was better in their tenure here?  Huerter or Bogi?

Huerter won the hearts of so many here but honestly Bogi played Better.  Huerter had everything needed to be the best sidekick but Huerter wasn't good with Physical Play. 

• Like 1