• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards (1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's the exact same.   AJ has not seen the floor, except in garbage time, under Quin.

But let's talk about this cap..

Split Value G GS MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   FG% 3P% FT%   TS% USG% ORtg DRtg +/-   MP PTS TRB AST
All-Star Pre 55 6 790 112 235 23 81 40 61 41 213 50 25 24 27 78 287   .477 .284 .656   .548 15.4 111 113     14.4 5.2 3.9 0.9
  Post 6 0 93 14 24 3 5 1 1 4 25 10 3 2 3 13 32   .583 .600 1.000   .655 12.8 132 117     15.5 5.3 4.2 1.7

Jalen Johnson.

This year, he played in 61 games.   He has 883 mins.  He averages 14.5 mpg.  That didn't happen in Quin's 4 games with us.   That means that Jalen played under Nate?!?  Nate played Jalen.   For all of you who say that Nate didn't play Jalen... 

Jalen has 883 minutes of play.  14.5 minute per game.  This when Nate was HC most of the season.

So under Nate.. Jalen played in 55 games and avered 14.4 mpg.   Under Quin, he has played in 6 games and averaged 15.3 mpg.   And Not was "not playing Jalen"....

Yall rehash the same old arguments that are not true.. today.

I can't dispute the numbers but still, AJ isn't playing because he was horrendous in the limited time he got under Quin. He needs to get out of his funk, but every game matters from now on and I absolutely don't blame Quin for trying to win games. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Now that AJ has hit the rookie wall, it's alright for him to get DNPs and we would never accuse Quin of not playing rookies...

The hypocrisy is so thick...   

Nate had a 9 man lineup...  Nate doesn't know what he's doing... he should be playing 10..

Quin has a 9 man lineup...  Oh, it's a league standard. 

Nate has JJ and AJ as the 9th man and plays AJ...  Nate doesn't play rookies. 

Quin has JJ and AJ as the 9th man and plays JJ...  It's so good that JJ has a HC that will actually play him.

Nate had Bey for like 5 mins before his release… If Nate was still here AJ would be in the same boat due to the Bey trade. 

With Bey and Bogi on the team, AJ is only going to see mins if there’s an injury or foul trouble.

And that’s okay…his time will come. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I can't dispute the numbers but still, AJ isn't playing because he was horrendous in the limited time he got under Quin. He needs to get out of his funk, but every game matters from now on and I absolutely don't blame Quin for trying to win games. 

Yeah.. AJ hit the rookie wall.   Cool.. but JJ was herendous to start the season and Nate played him anyway.   JJ got better.    It's hypocritical to say that Nate didn't play JJ (when he did) and make no mention of Quin not playing AJ.   We all understand why Quin is not playing AJ.. hell we make excuses for it..  but if JJ misses one game under Nate... Oh... Nate is the worst non-developing coach in the world. 

I put up the table so all of yall can face the facts... and this is not a Nate vs. Quin thing.. I love Quin.. It's about hypocrisy.. so address that.

AJ Griffin has hit the rookie wall - - hard.  He's still a great future star for this Hawk team.  Just not right now.  I sure hope we don't throw him away in a trade.

What's wrong with our centers?  Capela is known to shoot just over 50% from the free throw line.  Now comes 0017 to the line and he misses 4 in a row.  So sad.  He's usually pretty solid on the line.

I keep reminding everyone:  Last season, after the close of the G League, the Skyhawk coaches had high praise for Jalen Johnson.  We're beginning to see why.  He's another future Hawk star!

7'4" center who easily and constantly drops in the three ball and who was given away by his former team in a salary dump - - Atlanta missed that action.  He sure looked great last night.

The Butler did it!  Late in the 4th quarter I thought he cost his team dearly.  I noticed that he loves to drive to the basket with his right hand.  Can we cut him off?  He doesn't look as comfortable driving left.

Atlanta is a .500 team.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Quin and team Hawk are learning each other and it shows.  With these few games to close out the season and all summer, including the pre season, Atlanta will be rarin' to go!  This season ain't over yet.  We may make trouble for some team in the playoffs.  You never know.

Have fun!  Grin ever once in a while.  Make people wonder what you've been up to!  (The late JJ White, local country music DJ)

Remember, where there is a will, there is a way!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Nate had Bey for like 5 mins before his release… If Nate was still here AJ would be in the same boat due to the Bey trade. 

With Bey and Bogi on the team, AJ is only going to see mins if there’s an injury or foul trouble.

And that’s okay…his time will come. 

No doubt.  AJ hit his rookie wall.   Bey is better.   Hell Bey may be better than Dre.   But   we make understandable excuses for why AJ is not playing under Quin...   But we crucified Nate about JJ. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

JJ has impressed me so much. Honestly I’m not gonna lie I was sleeping on him and wanted to include him in various trade packages but he’s got game, versatility, feel, he’s got a lot. THAT JAM!!! Impressive!

See that, folx.  That's squd being a big man and admitting he miscalculated on JJ.

Who else will step up and do the same?

Aye squd, you see what your boy Chuk McCollum did to the Mavers?  That guy is so much more likeable than Ally mcBeal.  It's crazy that anyone would prefer him. 🙂

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Hooray the Hawks barely beat the 10th place team in the east and couldn't stop a runny nose!

You mad that JJ fits in better than JC, GET OVER IT WITH YOUR SQUAWK AGENDA AND JUST RIDE WITH THE TEAM AND 🤫.

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Celebrate???  Dude this is a chronic problem that needs to be solved otherwise this team isn't going to the playoffs...Celebrate fools gold if you want.

JC will shine with Detroit next year don’t worry Peo, but we will miss you. Take a warm jacket 🧥 it’s cold in Motown. 👋 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Aye squd, you see what your boy Chuk McCollum did to the Mavers? 

:laugh1:No? I missed it! Did they win. I just woke up before work for the Hawks game I missed last night. Another Mavs loss? Don’t tease me? :sarcastic: Allie vs Mc :laugh1: years later…

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

JJ has impressed me so much. Honestly I’m not gonna lie I was sleeping on him and wanted to include him in various trade packages but he’s got game, versatility, feel, he’s got a lot. THAT JAM!!! Impressive!

oooohhh....I was about to pull the receipts

Spoiler

Amazing-Grace-long-list.gif

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1:No? I missed it! Did they win. I just woke up before work for the Hawks game I missed last night. Another Mavs loss? Don’t tease me? :sarcastic: Allie vs Mc :laugh1: years later…

I think DAL was down big but came back.  Then Chuk took ovah, scoring like 16 in the 4th to get the W.  Louka got hurt or something.