• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards (1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Omfg I may have jinxed it.  Cle with a 5sec violation, then a MIA 3.  2pt game, 20sec left.

Quick, somebody unjinx it! 

Cavs almost threw the ball away.. smh

Come on Allen!! 

Whew that was close.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I didn’t see the game but gonna watch the replay.  From the box score it looks like Porzingis was a problem but the game was ultimately decided by the Hawks bench doubling the Wiz in scoring 35-17 lol.  

Usually when Delon posts a better +/- than your starting backcourt combined you’re gonna lose, I can’t underestimate how fortuitous this win was.  I did hear on the radio Trae had 3 boards and 3 steals in the first quarter, that was eye-popping.

Delon WS/48 is .162.  DJ The Short-Stay Picks Crook at .092.  I can’t man.

Good road win anyway despite being down 15 in the third apparently.  Let’s Go!

Bro your Delon obsession is wild. He's literally bouncing around the league from team to team and you talk about him like he's the second coming of Isiah Thomas. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I have to add that watching Jalen with a HC that actually will play him versus Nate who refused to play is unreal. Nate would literally lose games and not play someone with real talent because it would make him "look bad". 

They should have fired him after last season and jumped on Quin sooner but oh well. We got the right coach. This season is basically a long preseason/training camp for the future.

JJ is taking advantage of playing time...

The same way that AJ took advantage of playing time under Nate. 

Now that AJ has hit the rookie wall, it's alright for him to get DNPs and we would never accuse Quin of not playing rookies...

The hypocrisy is so thick...   

Nate had a 9 man lineup...  Nate doesn't know what he's doing... he should be playing 10..

Quin has a 9 man lineup...  Oh, it's a league standard. 

Nate has JJ and AJ as the 9th man and plays AJ...  Nate doesn't play rookies. 

Quin has JJ and AJ as the 9th man and plays JJ...  It's so good that JJ has a HC that will actually play him. 

Don't get me wrong, it was definitely time for Nate to go.. but some of the things that yall accuse him of now that he's gone and actually while he was here is B.S. and you don't hold Quin to nearly the same standard. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

JJ is taking advantage of playing time...

The same way that AJ took advantage of playing time under Nate. 

Now that AJ has hit the rookie wall, it's alright for him to get DNPs and we would never accuse Quin of not playing rookies...

The hypocrisy is so thick...   

Nate had a 9 man lineup...  Nate doesn't know what he's doing... he should be playing 10..

Quin has a 9 man lineup...  Oh, it's a league standard. 

Nate has JJ and AJ as the 9th man and plays AJ...  Nate doesn't play rookies. 

Quin has JJ and AJ as the 9th man and plays JJ...  It's so good that JJ has a HC that will actually play him. 

Don't get me wrong, it was definitely time for Nate to go.. but some of the things that yall accuse him of now that he's gone and actually while he was here is B.S. and you don't hold Quin to nearly the same standard. 

It's not the same in my opinion. 

JJ barely played under Nate but when he did, he did well. Still couldn't crack the rotation no matter how well he played. AJ played some under Quin, but he was terrible on the occasion.

As of right now, JJ looks vastly superior to AJ. I don't think AJ should be taking minutes from anyone in the current rotation. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Great game by Trae, BTW. He's looking a lot smarter on his shot selection, not going right into their bigs in the paint.

If he can keep this defensive intensity, watch out... I definitely wouldn't mind having a true superstar in our roster. DJ needs to be better than this, for sure. 

Great win, on to Friday! 

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

It's not the same in my opinion. 

JJ barely played under Nate but when he did, he did well. Still couldn't crack the rotation no matter how well he played. AJ played some under Quin, but he was terrible on the occasion.

As of right now, JJ looks vastly superior to AJ. I don't think AJ should be taking minutes from anyone in the current rotation. 

It's the exact same.   AJ has not seen the floor, except in garbage time, under Quin.

But let's talk about this cap..

Split Value G GS MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   FG% 3P% FT%   TS% USG% ORtg DRtg +/-   MP PTS TRB AST
All-Star Pre 55 6 790 112 235 23 81 40 61 41 213 50 25 24 27 78 287   .477 .284 .656   .548 15.4 111 113     14.4 5.2 3.9 0.9
  Post 6 0 93 14 24 3 5 1 1 4 25 10 3 2 3 13 32   .583 .600 1.000   .655 12.8 132 117     15.5 5.3 4.2 1.7

Jalen Johnson.

This year, he played in 61 games.   He has 883 mins.  He averages 14.5 mpg.  That didn't happen in Quin's 4 games with us.   That means that Jalen played under Nate?!?  Nate played Jalen.   For all of you who say that Nate didn't play Jalen... 

Jalen has 883 minutes of play.  14.5 minute per game.  This when Nate was HC most of the season.

So under Nate.. Jalen played in 55 games and avered 14.4 mpg.   Under Quin, he has played in 6 games and averaged 15.3 mpg.   And Not was "not playing Jalen"....

Yall rehash the same old arguments that are not true.. today.