• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 1 (3 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

The reason why Young's 3 point shooting percentage continues to be low simply put has always been his shot selection. His shot selection against Boston was very poor at best especially in the early going.  I don't know whether it was by design initially but he chose to shoot rather than run the offense which was a poor strategy.  Hopefully in the next game a different strategy is employed like more ball movement.  Trae Young is not going to win this playoff series or any series like he did against New York by himself.  He needs to understand this as does Quinn Snyder so they can get other players involve early and keep them involved late.  They can win this series playing like a team vs hero ball.

• Premium Member

Dre was AWFUL in that 1st half. Yes, he only had 1 shot attempt and that was inexcusable, but  Offense comes and goes but you can't have a ZERO stat line on everythingelse. Grab a board, block a shot, deflect a ball, be disruptive. Make your presence felt in other areas if you aren't getting the ball. You can't just give us NOTHING AT ALL.

Does seem like Quin lit a fire him under him to start the 2nd half. Play with a sense of urgency Dre.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Dre was AWFUL in that 1st half. Yes, he only had 1 shot attempt and that was inexcusable, but  Offense comes and goes but you can't have a ZERO stat line on everythingelse. Grab a board, block a shot, deflect a ball, be disruptive. Make your presence felt in other areas if you aren't getting the ball. You can't just give us NOTHING AT ALL.

Does seem like Quin lit a fire him under him to start the 2nd half. Play with a sense of urgency Dre.

Dre?  Why is the conversation always about this player like he is the star on the team. There were plenty of bad performances in the 1st half but those player's names go unmentioned.  What's the agenda?

• Premium Member

Always??? 

I just posted Trae's awful 3pt shooting, which you gladly agreed with...but I mention Dre and you are up in arms....now who has the agenda? :blanky:

Well.. even you have to admit that the conversation was about something else and this just pooped up out of the blue for no apparent reason.  But whatever.

• Premium Member

The Bench:

Bogi couldn't get any open looks in the 1st half

Didn't feel OO's impact in this game at all, we need his engery.

Bey has got to hit his open looks. Loved his rebounding and assists.

JJ - you could see his inexperience. It will come.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
    4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Always??? 

I just posted Trae's awful 3pt shooting, which you gladly agreed with...but I mention Dre and you are up in arms....now who has the agenda? :blanky:

Well.. even you have to admit that conversation was about something else and this just pooped up out of the blue for no apparent reason.  But whatever.

This is just crazy. :laugh1:

So because I talk about one player in one post, I then can't talk about the next player who I want to talk about.

FYI - I switched the conversation to the bench next :blanky:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

So because I talk about one player in one post, I then can't talk about the next player who I want to talk about.

You can talk about whomever you want but it come across like you have an agenda when you talk about certain players.  Just saying.  Like with Dre, you knew he was in foul trouble in the 1st halve and that the ball was being dominated by Trae and Murray. But you chose to not point those things out.  I admit Dre was not contributing but there are reason why...some related to him and some not.  Dre is not the reason the hawks lost this game so I don't think he deserves his own post but apparently you do.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member

DJ was the best of the bunch, but he like others struggled from 3 going 0-6. Loved the 6 assists, 8 rebounds, 3 steals and 1 turnover. 24 points on 25 shots though 🤢

JC and CC were 'solid' across the board. More paint touches are needed if they are going to be shooting 5-7 and 6-8.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
      1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You can talk about whomever you want but it come across like you have an agenda when you talk about certain players.  Just saying.  Like with Dre, you knew he was in foul trouble in the 1st halve and that the ball was being dominated by Trae and Murray. But you chose to not point those things out.  I admit Dre was not contributing but there are reason why...some related to him and some not.  Dre is not the reason the hawks lost this game so I don't think he deserves his own post but apparently you do.

The only thing you are correct about is...I can talk about whoever I want!  

And let me repeat what I said in my original post 'I get that Dre only got one shot attempt' but he was unable to contribute in any other area'  that cannot happen.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

The only thing you are correct about is...I can talk about whoever I want!  

And let me repeat what I said in my original post 'I get that Dre only got one shot attempt' but he was unable to contribute in any other area'  that cannot happen.

We both agree on this but the part about Quinn lighting a fire is pure speculation on your part.  In fact the entire team had a better 2nd half but you didn't say anything about Quinn lighting a fire with anyone else but Dre.  You are a good poster Bird but don't sink into this game of negative rhetoric about certain players like so many other poster get caught up with.  I get it...Dre is not one of your favorite Hawk players but don't make is so obvious.

• Premium Member

@Spud2nique  You understand what I am talking about right.  Say Trae you had a bad 1st half and good 2nd half...His fans would credit him for righting the ship not say someone had to light a flame under him to motivate him to play better.  It would be insulting to Young if someone insinuated this but people fell comfortable insulting Dre for some reason

• Premium Member

We both agree on this but the part about Quinn lighting a fire is pure speculation on your part.  In fact the entire team had a better 2nd half but you didn't say anything about Quinn lighting a fire with anyone else but Dre.  You are a good poster Bird but don't sink into this game of negative rhetoric about certain players like so many other poster get caught up with.  I get it...Dre is not one of your favorite Hawk players but don't make is so obvious.

I call it like I see it for this game. When a player has 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 in a half then comes out with more energy and focus to begin the 2nd half, then yes - I will speculate the coach lit into him. True or not, it's my take.

• Like 4

people fell comfortable insulting Dre for some reason

That’s because Trae has won 200 games for us by dominating and single handedly being the star.

Hunter has done that twice, maybe, in his career. 

Hunter does more bad than good on the floor. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I will speculate the coach lit into him. True or not, it's my take.

My point is this is the only player currently on the team who you feel comfortable saying this about because he has become the whipping boy for the board for some reason.  There should be harsher criticism for other players who impacted the poor 1st half performance more but there isn't. There is a reason for this.