Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 1 (3 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 1 (3 PM Tip!)
  • Moderators

ERRATA ALREADY?: Brad and the Celts did promote two assistants to replace Hardy/Mazzulla and Stoudamire. Matt Reynolds was previously a video coordinator and "special assistant" to Stevens and Ime Udoka before his October promotion. D.J. Macleay, coincidentally an alum from Muscala's Bucknell, was previously the Celtics' "player enhancement coach" before the formal promotion in this, his first season.

EDIT: I gleaned this corrective info from the Celtics' Game Notes. Just between us, don't nobody tell Derrick White that the Celtics have him listed on the front page as a "Rookie".

https://www.nba.com/gamenotes/celtics.pdf

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Our defensive communication will have to be on point. The urgency and  purpose with which we switch on screens and get out to shooters will be so important. We have to have the same aggressive, physical approach we did vs the heat - bump, dig, re-route, fight thru, over and around screens.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

This was the series I wanted. 

Sincerely,

Spud

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

This was the series I wanted.  I promised to do something for this series but I legit forgot what it was.  Haha.  Old age ....

I got receipts 🧾 from 3 weeks ago saying I specifically wanted these piece of chit Celts! :sarcastic:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

BUH GAWD, KORVER! THAT MARCUS SMART HAS A FAMILY!”

:laugh1: Even my lady wife ain’t buyin his stuff anymore or ever did. 

Roughly a month before Coach Mazz was born, Hawks announcer Dominique Wilkins waged a titanic Game 7 clash with Larry Legend on the hallowed Boston Garden parquet.

Classic I’ve watched 73 times.

Al Horford and Mike Muscala

A clown 🤡 and a man 👨 

Thanks @lethalweapon3 we got the goods today for the playoffs, came full circle ⭕️ for these dudes.

Vegas got Celts -9.5

No 2K but I my prediction:

HAWKS BY 7!!!! @LongTimeFan what say you! 

GO HAWKS!!!!! F the shamrock ☘️ bizzies.

F366EC55-5246-400D-82DD-A136BD82002D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Zion:  “I celebrated us making the play-in game with two Big Macs and a plate of etouffe and that was before warmups!”

Savagery ... I'm here for it.

On another note, in case anyone's wondering, no Sean Wright (Wrong) on the ref crew today.  So no random ref closeouts or player-injuries today.

We get David Guthrie, Bill Kennedy, and Ben Taylor .... wait, this is the corrupt dude right?  Sheesh, NBA, how does he qualify for postseason basketball if you had to punish him for being biased?  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We get David Guthrie, Bill Kennedy, and Ben Taylor .... wait, this is the corrupt dude right?  Sheesh, NBA, how does he qualify for postseason basketball if you had to punish him for being biased?  

:blanky:

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Zion:  “I celebrated us making the play-in game with two Big Macs and a plate of etouffe and that was before warmups!”

When Zion was a rookie I saw an interview with him where they asked him what his favorite food in New Orleans was.  He said it was the seafood pasta from Dante’s.   I turned to my wife and said I bet that’s in a cream sauce.