• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 1 (3 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dre was AWFUL in that 1st half. Yes, he only had 1 shot attempt and that was inexcusable, but  Offense comes and goes but you can't have a ZERO stat line on everythingelse. Grab a board, block a shot, deflect a ball, be disruptive. Make your presence felt in other areas if you aren't getting the ball. You can't just give us NOTHING AT ALL.

Does seem like Quin lit a fire him under him to start the 2nd half. Play with a sense of urgency Dre.

I agree with all of this but I hold Bogi to the same standard.   Bogi has to be the Leader of the Horde...  That means that there's aggressiveness that he must show.  SO does Mr. Elite Defensive Versatility. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two things...

JC Always sounds like he's been in the league for 15 years.  You would think he's 30 something.   He's 25.   However, he talks like what you expect from Mike Conley Jr.    

Second,   I can imagine NVE in the Lockerroom at the half like...

I Want Your Dog GIF - I Want Your Dog - Discover & Share GIFs

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AHF said:

I think Hunter rarely does a ton more bad than good.  His bad games are more often doing too much of nothing.  He doesn’t tend to brick a ton of shots or turn the ball over a bunch, etc. because he doesn’t push the issue.  Trae’s bad games are the opposite - full of bricked shots and turnovers as he tries to win the game but struggles.  Both Trae and DH had much better second halves but as a team that first half was beyond brutal.  It is tough for me to know how much of the better half was real and how much was Boston taking their foot off the accelerator.  We’ll see in Game 2.  I’m just not sure there are many positive takeaways in this one.  Even our best players didn’t have what I’d call really good games for them.

If I could change one thing about Trae... it's the need to get it back.  If he sees the other team come down and hit a three, more than likely, he's going to forgo all offensive plans and try to get it back.   He has to work within the framework of the team.   That's what made the Miami win so beautiful, it was a team win.  There will be times when he has to step up as a superstar but he has to learn when those times are... It's not all the time. 

If I could change one thing about Dre...  It's be aggressive minded.   A lot of players play with a chip on their shoulder... Dre has no Chip.  In basketball, you need a chip.   DJ has a chip. Clint has a chip.   JC has a chip.   Trae has a freakin redwood chip.   Dre has no chip.  I look at a guy like him and a guy like Grayson Allen.  Grayson Allen is not blessed with any of the physical attributes that Dre has but Allen has a chip.   He will fight, scratch, claw, and cheat to win.   I saw it the other day with Chicago and Caruso.   Again.. lacking Physical Attributes but this guy is as aggressive as a Squirrel.   Dre just stands in front of his man.   2nd play of the game, Tatum just blew right passed Dre.. Like he wasn't even standing there. 

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Yikes at that J.C quote. "Sometimes that just happens"? Seems to happen a lot with you though huh? Willing to bet it'll happen less when your azz gets traded.

Yeah... it's funny because he probably had the best game (on both sides of the ball) than anybody in a Hawks uni...  But you're right, we will trade him.  We will get back crap... and we will wonder why did we want to trade him so bad for?

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ya I’m sure he’s ok. Lil excuse in case he has an off game. 🙄 

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hunter had me frustrated that game. He has to play better point of attack defense and finish defensive possessions. He has to have some aggression to his defensive game. Everyone steps up their defensive intensity in the playoffs but our “best perimeter defender” looks lax out there. Also, he is fouling people right in front of the refs. Those fouls don’t look obvious but they are fouls. Other more savvy defenders play tough like that when the contact is out of sight of the referees. 

• Premium Member

4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Hunter had me frustrated that game. He has to play better point of attack defense and finish defensive possessions. He has to have some aggression to his defensive game. Everyone steps up their defensive intensity in the playoffs but our “best perimeter defender” looks lax out there. Also, he is fouling people right in front of the refs. Those fouls don’t look obvious but they are fouls. Other more savvy defenders play tough like that when the contact is out of sight of the referees. 

Per Quin:

Screenshot_20230416_170223_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1

Some comments from Boston:

Celtics win the second game by 20.

This Hawk, Celtic match is a joke.

Hawks are a weak-assed team.

Three different posters.  Anyone wonder why I don't like this Boston team?  No respect.

:rtfm:

• Like 3