• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 1 (3 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

That’s because Trae has won 200 games for us by dominating and single handedly being the star.

Hunter has done that twice, maybe, in his career. 

Hunter does more bad than good on the floor. 

So this is about Trae?  So people insult Dre to protect Trae? Amazing.

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I will speculate the coach lit into him. True or not, it's my take.

My point is this is the only player currently on the team who you feel comfortable saying this about because he has become the whipping boy for the board for some reason.  There should be harsher criticism for other players who impacted the poor 1st half performance more but there isn't. There is a reason for this.

My money is on Trae bouncing back big time on Tuesday to show everyone that he is every bit the superstar of the Hawks!

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So people insult Dre to protect Trae?

What? No I was just using it as an example.

Look, Hunter was the 4th pick in the draft, he’s gotta be way better. Scottie Barnes was the 4th pick a couple years back. 

Hunter needs more consistency.

I will acknowledge Trae had a horrible game, but like I said he bounces back regularly, whereas Dre can stay inconsistent for weeks at a time.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

His bad games are more often doing too much of nothing.

That’s the thing though, DO SOMETHING. When he plays bad, it’s like he doesn’t do the little things to help play winning basketball.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m just not sure there are many positive takeaways in this one.  Even our best players didn’t have what I’d call really good games for them.

I agree with this. Nobody really showed up at all. We played super tight from the start. You gotta shoot your shots you can’t start aiming them and playing that right from the get go, otherwise the team your playing will bury you early which is what happened to us.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I'm sick of Glen Willis and his anti-Dre agenda. 😂😂😂

Glen needs to touch his toes, and based on that profile pic he can’t even touch his knees. Glen, Brad, that Chouniyar guy, all trash 🗑️. We don’t have a guy that covers the Hawks who knows basketball well. They all blow.

• Like 1
    • Haha 2

Just now, SalvorMallow said:

Why don't you like Glen? I

Cuz I’m a moody b!tch. :yes: :laugh1:Nah he’s alright I guess, I dunno, half of his stuff makes sense but then he goes on weird tangents and loses me.

He’s better than Brad though, I haven’t heard Brad in about 4 or 5 years but his lisp and fast talking slurring was annoying me. That dude has prolly never picked up a basketball 🏀 in his life.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I think Hunter rarely does a ton more bad than good.  His bad games are more often doing too much of nothing.  He doesn’t tend to brick a ton of shots or turn the ball over a bunch, etc. because he doesn’t push the issue.  Trae’s bad games are the opposite - full of bricked shots and turnovers as he tries to win the game but struggles.  Both Trae and DH had much better second halves but as a team that first half was beyond brutal.  It is tough for me to know how much of the better half was real and how much was Boston taking their foot off the accelerator.  We’ll see in Game 2.  I’m just not sure there are many positive takeaways in this one.  Even our best players didn’t have what I’d call really good games for them.

Good post. Trae is basically Jameis Winston out there in his bad games. Backbreaking game costing play. 

This make Dre the scapegoat because the media has made Trae the deserved whipping boy makes sense. I heard people on here say it's my expectations. Dre makes like 22 mil a year. No one should expect a player making that to be their best player and are lucky as heck when they are getting production of this value at that low of a salary cap percentage on a 2nd contract. 

His guard chart has players ranging from 6'2 to 7ft. He's guarding their best player for 65% of possessions and locking his ass up but you got fools on here and in reddit saying he was defensively a F because he was playing help D and let Brown backdoor cut him. It's insane expectations for Dre whereas f*** up Trae has none.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

don't sink into this game of negative rhetoric about certain players like so many other poster get caught up with.

Ok, this is just comical coming from you 🤣

Talk about being butthurt for one player who didn’t produce in the first half and has a habit of becoming complacent at times. 

And on top of that, Hunter wasn’t the only one called out by @JayBirdHawk 

You’re really honing in and nitpicking on this one unnecessarily. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And I think that's worse than trying and failing, doing nothing. Give me hustle, toughness. Just compete!

He was guarding Tatum and extremely well but he's not competing. This is where I keep saying, if you guys understood the game, you wouldn't be talking down on Dre whereas it's easy to talk down on Trae. The shit is obvious to even non hoop fans. 

You guys are looking for a scapegoat as Trae isn't the problem in your mind. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, terrell said:

I know I'll get called a hater or whatever for this but....................

Trae Young career playoff stats under 40% FG Under 30% from three with a gazillion turnovers. Good grief...  Those ARE NOT superstar #s...... No matter how anyone tries to spin it...... I know he's still young and all.. Just sayin....

If hes gonna do this in the post season, and we know he doesnt care that much about the Reg season, we're in trouble....UNLESS CC plays like MVP Capela, and Bogi goes absolutely crazy....Like 2021

I think if he plays at this level for the rest of the series, the only justifications for keeping him are:

1. He sells tickets and so trading him might upset a chunk of the fan base.

2. The trade offers might be so bad.

Watching Trae lead this team has caused me to reevaluate how I view other Hawk players like JJ and Sap. Players I were often critical of.

No, they were not star players, but they played at a high level and gave it their all. And it wasn't good enough for me. 

Meanwhile, Trae is a more productive player on the stat sheet, a bigger star, but a poor leader and after one good playoff run.... It's been diminishing returns every since.

Edited by Plainview1981

• Premium Member