• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 1 (3 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Starters 2 for 16 from 3. Bogie 2 for 7. It's not like Bogie had a good game but +3 in a 13 points loss. Until Bogie starts taking 12+ 3's a game and 30% shooters stop taking those dumb 3's this team will not be winning against top teams. Bogie also needs to play 35+ minutes against Boston as he's the only player they will guard on the perimeter so Trae will have more space to operate . Boston doesn't need to guard anybody else on the perimeter 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I would put Bogi or Bey in for Capela.

I don't like this series at all for Capela, because Boston does not attack the rim and their centers all shoot 3s.  It limits what Capela does best.

It'll be totally different if Robert Williams was still starting.

Capela didn't have a bad game though.   Still, I respect your premise.  I wouldn't play Capela as much but I would watch the rebounding too.    Boston is still a big team..  They have those Big wings that Somebody Loves...

Hot Wings GIFs | Tenor

24 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae was a total liability tonight. When he plays offense like this. He kills the team on both ends.

I’ll take what he did in the 2nd half though...

He let his bench teammates cook when he knew he didn’t have it, got 4 assists to 1 TO, only took 8 shots(thank God), and had a couple of decent defensive moments. 1st half was awful though.. Like really really awful...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dalamchops said:

honestly don't really look too overmatched, we have to hit the clean looks. It'd be a lot closer if we had hit 3-4 more 3s. not even asking for a lot , but 30% in 3s we'd be in this game.

We outplayed them in game 2 and got whooped because 3s are worth more than 2s. 

• Sad 1

Hawks won the second half!  Werid 1st half.  Celtics coluld do no wrong.  Hawks couldn't.  They shot, and hit, their threes.  Hawks shot and missed almost all theirs.  Down 30 became only 13 at the end.

What did we learn?  Will we play better.  Or, is this the easy, peasy four that everyone else thinks?

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We outplayed them in game 2 and got whooped because 3s are worth more than 2s. 

Also, the way the threes come. We move the ball for an open look and miss it. We play defense, get some deflections, and Marcus Smart grabs it and hits a fade away three in the corner lol. They got some lucky ones, but when you are used to making them that happens.

• Like 2

I know I'll get called a hater or whatever for this but....................

Trae Young career playoff stats under 40% FG Under 30% from three with a gazillion turnovers. Good grief...  Those ARE NOT superstar #s...... No matter how anyone tries to spin it...... I know he's still young and all.. Just sayin....

If hes gonna do this in the post season, and we know he doesnt care that much about the Reg season, we're in trouble....UNLESS CC plays like MVP Capela, and Bogi goes absolutely crazy....Like 2021

Edited by terrell

17 minutes ago, terrell said:

I know I'll get called a hater or whatever for this but....................

Trae Young career playoff stats under 40% FG Under 30% from three with a gazillion turnovers. Good grief...  Those ARE NOT superstar #s...... No matter how anyone tries to spin it...... I know he's still young and all.. Just sayin....

If hes gonna do this in the post season, and we know he doesnt care that much about the Reg season, we're in trouble....UNLESS CC plays like MVP Capela, and Bogi goes absolutely crazy....Like 2021

Let this all play out Terrell.  He had a horrible 1st half.  A much better 2nd half.  Let's see if he can build off of that.

We all know the kid can ball. He just has to start making shots.  I want to see what he learned in Game 2, from Game 1.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Some of the posting on this sub is extremely bad but not as bad as Hawks Reddit which is a shithole. 

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1629631/head-to-head?SeasonType=Playoffs

Still gave up 55% FG overall, but he did do a nice job on Tatum.

• Like 1