• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 1 (3 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Let this all play out Terrell.  He had a horrible 1st half.  A much better 2nd half.  Let's see if he can build off of that.

We all know the kid can ball. He just has to start making shots.  I want to see what he learned in Game 2, from Game 1.

Still gave up 55% FG overall, but he did do a nice job on Tatum.

Im letting it play out..

But IF he has another bout of the First Round Flu like he had last season, 

Is it a stretch for some fans to start questioning if he's the right guy to continue to pay $40M to over the next few seasons?

I think we’ll know alot more by the end of this series....

• Like 1

@terrell

I think you are too hard on him (frankly, we all are)

I know that he has alot of warts and issues but I dont see too many players that gets double team and trap more than he does.  He is only 24 years old and he is still learning.  He is 6ft nothing and buck-25 when wet but he was still lead in the league in assists (with our butterfinger team).  He will learn about how to pick spots and dont try to force everything.  We will love him going for 30/10 but he will be better in the next game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

5F39B418-1AEC-4625-80E5-14448562581C.thumb.jpeg.dae605199f500ef2d4a0943cc1c9f9e4.jpeg

If my eyes serve me right, the Hawks took 5 long twos, the Celtics none.  Hawks blew all 6 corner threes smh (Kyle putting in extra work tonight/ tomorrow)  Nothing new under the sun.

It really stands out when you look at it by quarter

1st quarter

image.png.5497ea7f47a756555d8cbafe1fc7ac9e.png

2nd quarter

image.png.0fd5d12d9b0e0c64e31045c63956744a.png

3rd quarter

image.png.08bb5ded60d69122deb4b563536661d5.png

4th quarter

image.png.49c215003b74a8d96a7764ea5436635f.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Let this all play out Terrell.  He had a horrible 1st half.  A much better 2nd half.  Let's see if he can build off of that.

We all know the kid can ball. He just has to start making shots.  I want to see what he learned in Game 2, from Game 1.

Still gave up 55% FG overall, but he did do a nice job on Tatum.

65% percent of his possessions was guarding Tatum. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Celtics shot charts this season have been near the basket and the 3.

As for ours… we shoot too many midrange shots on wasted possessions

We're not a good shooting team from distance.   We got guys who can almost hit consistently.   The loss of Gallo, Huerter and Delon was steep.  Imagine if Gallo could suit up for the Celts...  

In the offseason, we must either enroll our midrange shooters into Mark Price's shooting factory or we must go out and get some more shooters.  I would take a strong look at Alec Burke or Seth Curry  Markeiff Morris is not that old.. 

• Premium Member

"

Trae Young suggests simple adjustment for Atlanta Hawks

“We got to get back to the film and make them the proper adjustments, the right adjustments going in,” Trae Young said during his postgame presser. “But also just carry this momentum that we had late in that second half and hopefully carry that over to the start of the game and not get down too much too early. So we got to figure out a better way to start the game and hopefully, we’ll make some more shots.”

Young was not immune to the poor shooting that befell the Hawks in the early going of this contest.

He finished the game with 16 points on 5-for-18 shooting including 1-for-5 from on threes.  "

From Soaring Down South. 

We are not a good shooting team from distance but we can do much better with our efficiency.  On threes, we have to work to get Bogi good shots. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

The consistently inconsistent Hawks finished this season 41-41 with a near equal point differential.  They lost to the worst of teams and beat the best of teams.  They had games where they were red hot and games where they couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

In the postseason, they are now 1-1 with a near equal point differential.

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

🤢.....Trae is setting records from 3 of the worse kind. :blanky:

2-20 the last 4 regular season games 10%

1 - 8 in the play-in game 12.5%

1- 5 in G1 20%

4 - 33 in  last 6 games for 12.1% 

He started off slow, picked it up in January...and now this. WTH!

• Like 1
  • Sad 6