7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

John Collins in the 2022-23 Playoffs:

7.5 Points

5.0 Rebounds

1.0 Assist

35.8% FG

16.9% 3P

Just Play JJ Quin!!!

At this point there's literally nothing left to lose. Only gains. Either he plays great and they miraculously turn the series around, or he plays bad and gets invaluable experience for the future. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I'm not sure where she saw it and I doubt it has much validity, but the article talked about a big trade between the Hawks and the Raptors.  Basically it's Trae for Siakim.  I would jump on that so fast it would your head swim, but Toronto would.probably not be suckered in to making that trade.

Trae for Siakam?

No, you find a way to add Siakam to this team without giving up Trae.

You do that trade, and the fan base would kill the front office.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I'm not sure where she saw it and I doubt it has much validity, but the article talked about a big trade between the Hawks and the Raptors.  Basically it's Trae for Siakim.  I would jump on that so fast it would your head swim, but Toronto would.probably not be suckered in to making that trade.

🤢 horrible. You don't want less talent, you need to add to what we have. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae for Siakam?

No, you find a way to add Siakam to this team without giving up Trae.

You do that trade, and the fan base would kill the front office.

So ATL is really just a personality cult?  That's a shame.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

So ATL is really just a personality cult?  That's a shame.

Not sure how any sane person could actually think the Hawks are better without Trae than with Trae. There's maybe 10 players in the entire NBA that you could trade Trae for straight up and actually get better. And none of them are available. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Not sure how any sane person could actually think the Hawks are better without Trae than with Trae. There's maybe 10 players in the entire NBA that you could trade Trae for straight up and actually get better. And none of them are available. 

Not sure how any sane person could actually think we'll ever even sniff a championship with him as the primary option, and his ego won't let him be #2.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

For me, it's not about trading Trae. It's about finding a number 1 guy, so that Trae can be our number 2. Your six foot point guard can't be your number one. What champion teams had a 6' to 6'1" point guard as their best player? I. Thomas with the bad boy Pistons is the only example I can think of. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Why not?  It isn't like we're going to win anything with Trae as the centerpiece.

Trae needs to grow up, but the imagination of trading him and becoming a championship team with the return is far fetched. I’d listen for offers, but you aren’t getting one that makes us better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Why not?  It isn't like we're going to win anything with Trae as the centerpiece.

So you want to trade him for a guy that's not a centerpiece?

Where is Toronto with Siakam as the main guy?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Watchman said:

The man just gave you 35/15... and we lost because we didn't have enough help....

And you want to trade him for a very poor man's Bam??  No thank you.  Just go somewhere and give up without freakin up the future. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

For me, it's not about trading Trae. It's about finding a number 1 guy, so that Trae can be our number 2. Your six foot point guard can't be your number one. What champion teams had a 6' to 6'1" point guard as their best player? I. Thomas with the bad boy Pistons is the only example I can think of. 

Bleach.. I don't give a f*** if Trae is the first guy to do it.. Somebody has to be.   Just get him some help. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The man just gave you 35/15... and we lost because we didn't have enough help....

And you want to trade him for a very poor man's Bam??  No thank you.  Just go somewhere and give up without freakin up the future. 

Whoopee.  As you have said many times, "empty stats."

Edited by Watchman
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hawks don't have a player that's on par with him to begin with. Start there at least.