• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You are the Hawks GM (you make up the roster)

Spud2nique

Imagine if there are no salary cap or anything and you get to hand pick a team from players around the league. You have to make it reasonable in that the minutes that they currently receive on their current teams are somewhat similar to the team you are building. I. E. Stars can’t come off your bench; Giannis; etc.

Spud’s team:

PG Trae (what? Whaddya think?)

SG- Jaylen Brown

SF- Mikal Bridges

PF- JJJ

C- Jokic 🃏 

Bench:

Brogdon

Portis

Kyle slo Mo Anderson

Naz Reid

Norman Powell

Trey Lyles

OO

Caleb Martin

Tyus Jones

15 man roster 😉 

Whats your team? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, warcore said:

Needs more rules... otherwise everyone's roster will look similar to @ShooterSays

Yeah, a starting lineup with 4 guys (Jokic, Giannis, Steph, Durant) who have won 7 of the last 10 MVPs is beyond crazy.  Those 4 guys alone make $33+$42.5+$46+$44 = $165M.  Starting lineup is $194 million.  If this kind of lineup is in play, you are talking about stuff that is more ridiculous than video game trades and you are just putting together a list of your top player at every position.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, warcore said:

Needs more rules... otherwise everyone's roster will look similar to @ShooterSays

Why the hell would it look like his and not mine? :huh: You know, I’m afraid you are questioning the rules when you should be doing the damn thing. And really, you want the exact same team as @ShooterSays. I mean, if he jumps into the pool would you naked? 

2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I’m just going to pick the first, second, and third All NBA teams and call it a day. 

You’re just being a jerk. :sarcastic:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I’m just going to pick the first, second, and third All NBA teams and call it a day. 

Hey zippy you can’t cuz NBA all 2nd team is a bunch of starters. YOU NEED BENCH PLAYERS!!!

Yall are just pissing me off now, look, either play or don’t whine and b!tch about the rules, Jesus fcking christ. It’s like all y’all bitches want zimas all of a sudden when we got beer wine and hard chit.

Just now, ShooterSays said:

Lol at least I participated instead of sitting on the sidelines crying about the rules.

THIS!!!!! SHOOTER PLAYS TO WIN THE GAME!!! And his team is pretty awesome outside of 👨🏿‍🍳 sCurry.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Steph | Brogdon
Brown | Monk
KD | Bey
Giannis | Portis
Joker | OO

Just gonna roll 10 deep here...

I’ll argue that shooter’s team will run into chemistry problems though because there’s only one ball. That’s why I took JJJ over Giannis, of course Giannis is better but would he need shots when there’s KD, Steph, Joker.. 

I made a team that would win more games than @ShooterSays in an 82 game regular season and the playoffs if we were only given one season to mesh. 

You need stat role players imo, you can’t stack a dream team for max wins and titles, it doesn’t work. Players need certain a roles.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Here is the PER team (i.e., highest PER by position among starters):

PG: SGA / Brogdon

SG: Butler / Monk

SF: Luka / Norman Powell

PF: Giannis / Portis

C.: Jokic / OO

I would tweak it a little but I think you see why a lot of the names we've seen are being thrown around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Here is the PER team (i.e., highest PER by position among starters):

PG: SGA / Brogdon

SG: Butler / Monk

SF: Luka / Norman Powell

PF: Giannis / Portis

C.: Jokic / OO

I would tweak it a little but I think you see why a lot of the names we've seen are being thrown around.

Luka Giannis and Jokic is a lot of touches despite all being unselfish. I like the team though for sure.

Trae  |  TJ McConnell

Booker  |  Brogdon

Brown  |  Mathurin

Siakam  |  OO

Jokic  |  Naz Reid

I'm going the "there's only 1 ball" route.  The combo of Trae / Joker is near unstoppable.  Add in Booker, Brown and Siakam and I'll ride with that all day.  Strong bench as well with scrappy TJ, Brogdon, OO and Naz.  Then you get youth with Mathurin.  Let's go.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Luka Giannis and Jokic is a lot of touches despite all being unselfish. I like the team though for sure.

If I am building my own superstar team, I probably can't pass up on Steph and Durant to be honest.  They are both so efficient and stretch the floor so much that whether they are featured or not they will do great things for your offense.  Both can destroy off ball and with catch and shoot as well.  I think they work just fine with a "there is only one ball" type of offense or with an offense that will feature heavy volume through them.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I like the one you put up Spud, mine would prolly be something like

Trae / Brogdon

Jaylen / Monk

Mikal / Bey

JJJ / Portis

Jokic / OO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Lol at least I participated instead of sitting on the sidelines crying about the rules.

It's a cop out.  That said, I think there should be a minimum Hawks requirement otherwise these non-Hawk fans gonna be outed. 😄

Imma go ..

TJ McConnell/Trae (starter listed 1st of course)

Bain/Bogi

Jaylen B/SloMo

Portis/JJ

Lopez/OO

Come at meeeeee!!!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2