• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nobody gonna weigh in on this juicy bit of rumored gossip instead of the other drivel?

I definitely want to hear more about this.  Now since all of the assistant coaches are gone, maybe some of them can go into more detail.

Maybe Trae needs to get one of them on his podcast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Watchman said:

So you think Prunty would not have played CC or JC?

The rest of camps post indicated blowing it up and starting over with Prunty. So I would surmise they would have been traded.

• Like 1

The above is the kind of dirt, ownership disfunction teams would prefer not be talked about. The assistants are probably under NDA's as a part of their separation agreements. Just remember I was telling you all about DH being unhappy, potentially being moved after the season a month+ ago. Big thing here is I'm getting a narrative. The total truth is probably close, but who knows exactly.

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I definitely want to hear more about this.  Now since all of the assistant coaches are gone, maybe some of them can go into more detail.

Maybe Trae needs to get one of them on his podcast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The rest of camps post indicated blowing it up and starting over with Prunty. So I would surmise they would have been traded.

Another rebuild.  That would have gone over like a lead balloon with the fans.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

To be fair, my post count has been down lately so ...

Are you behind me? Oh my I haven’t checked post counts in forever. If you count the other two times squawk didn’t ban me in 2006, and again in 2015ish, my post count should be around a million 😂 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

To be fair, my post count has been down lately so ...

I don’t get it. We are both a holes 🕳️ to an extent but camp seems to like you. What kinda cologne you wear? :huh: It’s my teef ain’t it I got them Jeff Teague pre rich teeth.

Hey just got a response.  I have been told the "must not pay the LT" talk is blown up and is a hold over from pre-Quinn.  The current line is closer to wanting a cost per win analysis.

18 Hawks 41 719,787 17,555 104.0 41 18,053 94.8 82 17,804

99.1%

Basically the Hawks were 18th in attendance but with little room for more ticket sales.  The average price per ticket is $69.  This means Hawks revenue was about $50 million from ticket sales alone (I'll see if I can get a solid amount there).  No idea what their beer/concessions/pro shop/parking take looked like. About 55% of team outlays are salary.  So with a salary around $150 million....its safe to say the Hawks spend $225 to $275 million per year on the team.

The league receives about $10 billion a year in shared revenue split evenly among the teams after overhead. Basically each team receives about $300 million from the league. This seems like we have room to spend but remember how the Luxury tax is a rapidly ascending staircase.  $20 million over in salary can wipe out all profits with a $60 million luxury tax bill.

The problem here is the only way for the Hawks to really increase revenue is jersey sales, advertising and going deeper in the playoffs (they make more per game played). so the cost analysis is "if I'm going to spend into the LT, I need to know we're going to make the round of 4. or better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Another rebuild.  That would have gone over like a lead balloon with the fans.

This is a case where I'm forced to choose between thinking Tony Ressler is absolute bi-polar bananas, swinging from extreme to extreme... or that there's a whole lot more to the story beyond what even camp necessarily knows.

Or, I could just not even bother to think about it and go on with my day with more useful pursuits.

Hmmm... yeah... gonna just go with "c".

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Mods.

Please kindly make this required reading so we don't have to sift through so many nothing-burger ideas on the board over the next week. Maybe you can make it so there's a test that a person has to pass before having access to post to this thread??? Appreciate it.

All my best --

A Conscientious, but not Histrionic, Poster 🙂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So if Quin's system is going to promote more ball movement, it also means that we need guys who can put the ball in the hole, whether it be with drives to the pint, or by making shots.

4752C264-16C3-4C0F-A6FC-6A30A2FB1032.gif.35cc6f894c121f1dfdfbe704d257de52.gif
Boy, I tell you what. Years ago I was a champ driving to the pint. 
My best days are behind me now, though. It’s a young man’s game. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

While league-wide interest remains high on both players, Raptors president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri has continued to rebuff the many suitors. The farther you go down this list of potential ways to calm the Lillard waters, the more likely it seems that he’ll be forced to face this stay-or-go fork in the road soon. In a holistic sense, the meeting between Lillard and the Blazers this week will have everything to do with what comes next between these two parties.

via Sam Amic, The Athletic.

29 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Blah, blah, blah .....

Basically the Hawks were 18th in attendance but with little room for more ticket sales...

Weird.  A dude on fakegm said the Hawks gotta get outta the tax b'cause they barely have fans in the seets.

I'm struggling to figure if I should believe his slacked-jawed ramblings or your factual analysis.

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t get it. We are both a holes 🕳️ to an extent but camp seems to like you. What kinda cologne you wear? :huh: It’s my teef ain’t it I got them Jeff Teague pre rich teeth.

He keeps his friends close, enemies closer. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

After 5 seasons I don’t have anything else to add when analyzing the kid, my rant days are over.  I am very interested to see what his Basketball Reference similarity scores are gonna be in August though, it’s gonna be “interesting.”  

His supporters are gonna love him regardless, nothing wrong with that. Even more so when you dig in because they legit hate you lol.  A lot of them hate me too, so I try not to trigger.  My eye and stat test is absolutely my own, I wouldn’t expect anyone else to align with it nor would I knock them when they ridicule it. 

I’ll probably be watching more Thunder games than Hawks next season, let alone heat and Warriors games now the latter has banished Poole to the nether realm where he should’ve been all along.  I will keep tabs on the bench mob though, loved them down the stretch last season.  I literally couldn’t care less about the starting unit.

Agreed. Hawks starting 5 is pretty much dead to me..

Im more focused on watching the young guys develop..

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

While league-wide interest remains high on both players, Raptors president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri has continued to rebuff the many suitors. The farther you go down this list of potential ways to calm the Lillard waters, the more likely it seems that he’ll be forced to face this stay-or-go fork in the road soon. In a holistic sense, the meeting between Lillard and the Blazers this week will have everything to do with what comes next between these two parties.

via Sam Amic, The Athletic.

I'm so tired of this.  It's the worst rom-com, will they/won't they story ever.  Just leave, Dame. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I'm so tired of this.  It's the worst rom-com, will they/won't they story ever.  Just leave, Dame. 

The issue with Dame is I think he wants out but doesn't want to ask for it since he's talked about his 'loyalty' and ridiculed others for taking the easy route to a ring. He wants the Blazers to move him so he can say 'I never requested a trade'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm always surprised no one has really given him a shot at a real head coaching job

Not me. Did you see the shorts he was spotted wearing after Quin's introductory presser? Daaaaang. Still can't un-see that. 😄

• Haha 1