• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

And speaking of selling while the value is high, now would be a good time to sell Bogi. I know most don’t want him to go as he’s our best deep shooter in a shallow pool.

He's not just our best shooter, he's our most consistent shooter.   He's over 40% with it.  Good teams don't dump good shooters.  I guess this is the time to decide what we are going to be.  Are we going to be a good team that values it's best assets or will we be a team that pays more attention to the LT than what's on the floor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

When we trading JC? No offense to JC stans but its time to hand JJ the keys to the starting 4 spot to see what he can do 

The fact that we didn't rush to send JC away for a first round pick or even 2 2nd round picks should tell you how we really feel about JJ.  He's a fan favorite and he's talented but I don't know if he's starter material. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

He's not just our best shooter, he's our most consistent shooter.   He's over 40% with it.  Good teams don't dump good shooters.  I guess this is the time to decide what we are going to be.  Are we going to be a good team that values it's best assets or will we be a team that pays more attention to the LT than what's on the floor. 

I understand all that. I’m just saying, dude always misses significant time. 
IIRC, last offseason the team was going to trade either him or Kevin, and Kevin was traded bc Bogi was hurt and a negative asset at the time. 
He’s not hurt now, he’s not currently a negative asset. If we would ever consider trading him, now is the time to do it. He could be a piece used in something bigger. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, terrell said:

Playin team regardless last season. With or without Kevin Huerter... Yall wanted more D they got it with the Holidays... Kev was like a free pass sign on D.. His "banner" season was helped by starting off on fire when he got there.. His numbers tailed off as the season went on.. They were playing Monk over him in crunchtime and end of games..

Think you must've been sleeping through the several discussions here preseason and the first few weeks into the 22-23 schedule... ie, JDay's defensive slide from the past 3 seasons since his peak was illuminated by almost any set of defensive measures a person chose to look at. It was argued that, though plausible, we shouldn't expect that trend to reverse at age 33.

And it didn't.

ANYTHING KVon would have given us would have been more than JDay could. Substantially.

We literally gave up KVon for NO on-court benefit.

And again, salt in that wound, that deal eventually cost us five 2nd round picks to make up something of what JDay couldn't do for us.

Them's just the facts, my friend.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sturt said:

Think you must've been sleeping through the several discussions here preseason and the first few weeks into the 22-23 schedule... ie, JDay's defensive slide from the past 3 seasons since his peak was illuminated by almost any set of defensive measures a person chose to look at. It was argued that, though plausible, we shouldn't expect that trend to reverse at age 33.

And it didn't.

ANYTHING KVon would have given us would have been more than JDay could. Substantially.

We literally gave up KVon for NO on-court benefit.

And again, salt in that wound, that deal eventually cost us five 2nd round picks to make up something of what JDay couldn't do for us.

Them's just the facts, my friend.

Of course I didnt like the return, but I had no problem with trading Kevin. I like him but he's not worth paying the tax it would have cost. I also don't have any issues with Tony not wanting to go into the tax level for a .500 team. Realistically, would anyone do that with their own money? It's easy to overspend when you're not accountable or it's not your money.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This is not fake. 

It may not be fake, but it's ridiculous.

Why in God's name would Cleveland even consider doing that?

Tobias is the homie ( Vol for Life ), but damn . . I wouldn't even give up Evan Mobley for Tobias.

At this point in his career, Tobias reminds me of 2005 Al Harrington.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

On the flip side, had Kevin stayed, none of us would be drooling about the potential that AJ Griffin could bring to this team, which is potentially a higher level shooter/scorer than Kevin was.

I agree that we shouldn't have traded him just to get under the tax, but it may be a blessing in disguise if AJ really pans out.

As of this day I would make the switch of KH to AJ 100/100 times

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It may not be fake, but it's ridiculous.

Why in God's name would Cleveland even consider doing that?

Tobias is the homie ( Vol for Life ), but damn . . I wouldn't even give up Evan Mobley for Tobias.

At this point in his career, Tobias reminds me of 2005 Al Harrington.

Tobias Harris has had a very long nondescript career. For a guy being paid as well as he has, he has done nothing memorable. I can't think of one thing.

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

So now people want Tobias Harris more than Ayton. Ayton is on the JC level of value now.

He has a very large $39 million dollar EXPIRING contract.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, terrell said:

Realistically, would anyone do that with their own money?

Yes, honestly, I would.  If I had billions, I would pay the tax for a better team.  Of course, I would never be in that position because of ideological differences I likely have with Ressler

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

The biggest issue with the Heurter trade is he was on a really team friendly contract (with potential to look even better in a year or two go en his development), so no matter how you cut it, it was a bad move for winning basketball.  You build contenders not only with great players but also great contracts (especially true if your owner— read: our owner, is stingy). It’s rare to have guys on team friendly contracts that arent either: rookie scale contracts, vet minimums, or elite players on maxes. We had that and traded him away.

I agree with your sentiment (cinnamon?) but, after seeing his playoff performance, I'm wondering if it ends up being 'ok' that we're forced to find alternatives in his role.

The trade, and the reasons for it, were/are bad.  But we're probably better off, in a strange way.

On a total other note, my stomach is troubled by @Sothron's patent refusal to heed my hostage demands.  He needs to get me Naz Reid if he ever wants to see this plush unicorn I stole from his man(sic) cave again.  I've already sent a tuft of rainbow fur as 'proof of life'.  What more does he want? 

• Haha 3