• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

Got some Info for you guys...

You know Crawford normally has his Crawsover Summer Pro AM.   Well, I peeped some of the teams.  Notice this one...

image.png

Who said that Murray and Banchero don't get along. 

I also saw where Bogi was playing. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

We need a BU PG... Period.   Our BU PG can't continue to be Murray. 

Well, actually, no.. it can and barring a trade, will. 

To the question of who the 3rd will be, it would seem to depend on whether Aaron gets a stronger offer, whether in terms of playing time or salary... arguably, Quin gushed about no one on the roster more passionately than AH, and if one watches AH's exit interview, it's pretty clear the feeling is mutual.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
On Friday morning’s episode of Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective, ESPN’s Tim MacMahon touched on Dallas’ movement in the draft, which included the rumored deal between the Mavericks and the Hawks that failed to come to fruition.  “The Mavericks asked for Clint Capela,” MacMahon said. “My understanding is the Hawks asked for the Mavericks to throw in Josh Green or Jaden Hardy, which that’s a no-go. Those are young players that the Mavericks really like.”
– via Sports Illustrated

On the podcast, MacMahon also mentioned that Hawks forward De’Andre Hunter was discussed in the potential trade with Dallas, but the Mavs’ front office “liked the player but not at that money.” For the price of losing one of Green or Hardy, the trade with Atlanta just made no sense for the Mavericks this early in the offseason, especially with the avenues they decided to pursue. Dallas landed two first-round picks, shedded Davis Bertans’ contract and added the ability to use the full midlevel exception at $12.4 million in free agency.

– via Sports Illustrated

We wanted to get back real value, Mavs wanted a salary dump. That's the issue Fields is going to face trying to trade Capela/JC/Hunter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Really would have liked turning Capela into Lively, and hope we didn’t blow that up over Green or Hardy. But I can understand not wanting to take on Bertans contract.

I like our draft, but would have loved our draft if we could have swung Lively/Bufkin.

Hawks didn't have the opportunity to draft Lively.  They did get the consulation pick in the 2nd round in Mohammed Gueye.  If he is as good as his film - - WOW!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We wanted to get back real value, Mavs wanted a salary dump. That's the issue Fields is going to face trying to trade Capela/JC/Hunter.

Plus thanks to all of these media types talking about that mandate, teams is going to lowball offers for all of them.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Huerter trade last year put us on this position. This is why I said they didn't need to make the trade when they did. Could have had him to start the season, particularly since we needed him Bogi injured, and make a mid season trade if needed.

Now we are in a situation where teams will offer up trash not value for those players.  Geez, This team can not get a break to save our lives.

11 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Plus thanks to all of these media types talking about that mandate, teams is going to lowball offers for all of them.   

Can you blame them? I wouldn't offer much for one of our vets if I was a GM. The market for them is tepid at best. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Now that the trade dust is settled. The Hawks need to take a step back and regroup. Now that we see where picks went etc. 

From.all the rumored reports seems we had a lot of irons in various fires, probably lots of overlap with our players and different teams.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Fischer’s Latest: Hunter, Pistons, Collins, Jazz, Poole, Herro

The Hawks didn’t end up making any major moves on draft day, but they continue to explore potential trade options around the league, writes Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports.

According to Fischer, in addition to having talked to Indiana about a possible deal involving forward De’Andre Hunter, the Hawks also had “significant” discussions with the Pistons about a trade that would have sent the 25-year-old to Detroit.

Hunter isn’t the only Hawks forward whose name is popping up in trade talks this week. Fischer says Atlanta has also been active on the John Collins front, re-engaging the Jazz in conversations about the big man who has been consistently mentioned in trade rumors for multiple years. However, it doesn’t sound like the two sides gained serious traction in those negotiations.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting Listen.

Brad and Fischer are friends, first met at SL in Vegas when they were 20 and 21 years old.

Braaaaaaaaaad. I’m good but nice to see he found his soulmate there. Did they elope? :ph34r: Have they told their folks? I will bag on the dude forever and never stop not ever! 😂 

OMG so now throw out EVERYTHING Fischer says, he on the same level as Brad? Omg I thought he was national? Brad is only like Gwinnett right?

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting Listen.

Brad and Fischer are friends, first met at SL in Vegas when they were 20 and 21 years old.

To quote you Burd:

NEEEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRR (would I ever click that dude stuff) 🤡 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

There have been no talks about Bogi, but I have to wonder if the FO is considering him in trades as soon as he's eligible at the end of the summer.  We have a ton of wings on this roster, and while I love Bogi, he probably has a lot of value around the league -- he's a lights out shooter off the bench on a declining contract.  Probably makes sense to just wait until the trade deadline though as whoever we get in return would have limited time to practice with the team.