• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Fischer said on Brad’s pod Hawks will likely have to attach an asset to JC to get out of his contract. Similar to GS and Poole.

This has been the cry since he signed his deal. I would think if the Hawks were intent on just a salary dump it would have happened in each of the past 3 drafts, offseason and trade deadlines.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Fischer said on Brad’s pod Hawks will likely have to attach an asset to JC to get out of his contract. Similar to GS and Poole.

This is what I’d be afraid of. I feel like they’re selling low dumping him now. Give him a season or even a half season under Quin to restore his value before trading so we can actually get worthwhile assets back. 

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

There have been no talks about Bogi, but I have to wonder if the FO is considering him in trades as soon as he's eligible at the end of the summer.  We have a ton of wings on this roster, and while I love Bogi, he probably has a lot of value around the league -- he's a lights out shooter off the bench on a declining contract.  Probably makes sense to just wait until the trade deadline though as whoever we get in return would have limited time to practice with the team.

And speaking of selling while the value is high, now would be a good time to sell Bogi. I know most don’t want him to go as he’s our best deep shooter in a shallow pool. But he’s actually healthy now, and he’s never healthy for an entire year. Last year he wasn’t healthy so if they would’ve traded him instead of Kevin, we would’ve had to include assets to get rid of him like mentioned above with JC. 

Sell high, buy low!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

There have been no talks about Bogi, but I have to wonder if the FO is considering him in trades as soon as he's eligible at the end of the summer.  We have a ton of wings on this roster, and while I love Bogi, he probably has a lot of value around the league -- he's a lights out shooter off the bench on a declining contract.  Probably makes sense to just wait until the trade deadline though as whoever we get in return would have limited time to practice with the team.

I hear that, and had given it some serious thought as the season drew to a close. But I'm skeptical that they'll go that direction.

If you're serious about a championship, a "lights out shooter"... and one with BogBog's temperament and (we sometimes forget) championship experience... is likely worth more to us than we could expect any equal... let alone better... return in exchange.

(Speaking of Brad Rowland, I recall him being of the opinion from the day that the extension was signed that he believed it was all about having a $17-ish m asset for trading purposes... fwiw.)

• Like 3

Some Hawk players who are third string should be hunting a new place to play.  Three rookies coming in.

Remember, you who have been here for a while, the Hawks spent many moons wanting a PG and a center.  Then along came Young and Capela.  Haven't worried that much since.  Don't need those worries again.

Collins seems to be higher priced than what other NBA teams value him.  Solution?  Keep him.

This brings us to the 3rd member of the Hawks who just might be on the trade block.  What is Hunter worth on the market?  Probably close to his actual contract.  This makes him easy to move if we're so inclined.  Someone has posted that he and Quin didn't see eye to eye.  Perhaps this could be the nudge to make a move.

Hawks are not desperate.  There is no fire sale.  Our GM will make his move when the time is right.  Until then, set back and enjoy the newest Hawks as they check in and get aquainted with each other and the Hawk orginization.  Soon it will be summer league and not too long after that pre-season.

Did notice that the NBA listed Gueye as a PF and not as a center.  

😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

I said this a while a go.. Smh

On 6/23/2023 at 2:40 PM, DS5 said:

Can’t blame other GMs for not believing Ressler is willing to pay the LT. Like them, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Ressler is helping the team by not being over the tax just to be over the tax.

CC, Hunter, and Collins are contracts keeping us from being contenders.

Keeping them won't move the needle either way.

On 6/23/2023 at 3:18 PM, KB21 said:

There were two mistakes made with Kevin.  First, trading him in a salary dump move.  Second, basing the evaluation of him off of his play under Pierce and McMillan.  His production went up when he was put into a real offense in Sacramento.  

Did it though? I saw him on the bench ALOT in the 4th and in crunchtime.. 

Yall go overboard with this Huerter stuff.. lol

Give me Bey or Bogi anyday over Kev for this squad..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

We wanted to get back real value, Mavs wanted a salary dump. That's the issue Fields is going to face trying to trade Capela/JC/Hunter.

This.... smh

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, terrell said:

Did it though? I saw him on the bench ALOT in the 4th and in crunchtime.. 

Yall go overboard with this Huerter stuff.. lol

Give me Bey or Bogi anyday over Kev for this squad..

Overboard? Excuse me?

Didn't have BogBog back until 25 games in, and took another 10 or so beyond that for him to get back to some degree of consistency.

That's nearly half the season.

Bey? Only had him for about the last 25 games... and similarly took a few for him to get into the flow. Only acquired him because KVon wasn't on the roster.

And none of that even broaches that KVon had himself a banner season overall.

From a GM perspective, you sent out a key rotation asset... and effectively sacrificed half a season of wing production plus gave up another 5 2nd round picks for the pleasure.

Hard to argue anyone's going overboard when you look at the final accounting, my friend.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sturt said:

Overboard? Excuse me?

Didn't have BogBog back until 25 games in, and took another 10 or so beyond that for him to get back to some degree of consistency.

Bey? Only had him for about the last 25 games... and similarly took a few for him to get into the flow. Only acquired him because KVon wasn't on the roster.

From a GM perspective, you sent out a key rotation asset... and effectively sacrificed half a season of wing production plus gave up another 5 2nd round picks for the pleasure.

Hard to argue anyone's going overboard when you look at the final accounting, my friend.

Playin team regardless last season. With or without Kevin Huerter... Yall wanted more D they got it with the Holidays... Kev was like a free pass sign on D.. His "banner" season was helped by starting off on fire when he got there.. His numbers tailed off as the season went on.. They were playing Monk over him in crunchtime and end of games..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, sturt said:

Overboard? Excuse me?

Huerter playoff numbers in Sactown..

26 min per game

9 points per game

4 reb per game

1 assist per game

34.7% FG

20.5 3pt%

75% FT

How does this help us vs Boston?

I guess we missed his Defense? Not..........

Hawks have enough softies afraid of contact. I for one am glad we got rid of one of them. Especially if it were between he and Bogi.... Im keeping Bogi everytime. Dude is Fearless...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

These offers sound a bit more plausible: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/272104/Hawks-Have-Tried-To-Trade-For-Pascal-Siakam

It’s seems that was the true order of negotiations which makes sense that the Hawks weren’t gonna get robbed and instead tried to get an even deal.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jake saying Atlanta was talking Hunter trade but Marc heard what I heard, 7 for 15 and Hunter. 

Also, I heard that spiel on Capela and having two centers from Landry yet my guy and even others said what I heard which is Capela is very available 

At this point, the one thing everyone is getting is its gonna cost Atlanta some assets to get rid of JC unless some teams miss on key FAs. JC would be a lot more tradeable if he only had one to two years max on his deal which is widely seen as an overpay

Also Atlanta hasn't offered Murray for no one but if PG13 or Kawhi become available, I heard they will. 

Don't forget, Bogi also can be traded. Atlanta has time. Tony still reeling from the Kevin trade which hurt more than it helped. 

I don’t see us getting rid of Bogi. It honestly feels like we are going to run it back unless it’s a DJM + talent offer to improve our team. I’m good with that knowing we have QS running the show. Thanks for passing on your info, @NBASupes.

• Like 1