• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He ain't going to HOU to take a paycut tho. That said, I keep saying this in the season, Joel Embiid is the big fish everyone wants. Even Trae will be on the trade market for. 

I understand Embiid is an elite talent and MVP, but I really dont want to have to root for him.  Hate hos game, dont like his insecure personality, and i dont think he has the motor to win in the post season anyways.  No way we trade Trae anyways but wanted to put that out there lol 

5 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

Zubac.  Be still Jaybird’s heart.  💜 

We each had a girth. She had Zubac, I had Nurky Durky (even got a pet name :mellow:) and @kg01 had Brook (I cried when I fell in the draft in 09 to the Bobkittens and my brother is a weirdo mascot bully) Lopez. :huh:

#girthrecgirth :er:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

You seem to place zero value on coaching/development.  Our team is very young and they have one of the top coaching staffs in the league supporting them from here out.  I would be surprised if we didn't get at least a little better, on average, in each of the next few years.

I think it's best to be skeptical over players who haven't proven anything until they do.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He ain't going to HOU to take a paycut tho. That said, I keep saying this in the season, Joel Embiid is the big fish everyone wants. Even Trae will be on the trade market for. 

He cannot sign an extension, so he will be a FA next offseason.

11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I understand Embiid is an elite talent and MVP, but I really dont want to have to root for him.  Hate hos game, dont like his insecure personality, and i dont think he has the motor to win in the post season anyways.  No way we trade Trae anyways but wanted to put that out there lol 

Well from a talent vs talent perspective Trae for Embiid is a fair trade. Hell I’m a huge Trae fan but yes Embiid is better.

my reason for not doing it comes down to what makes sense. We just watched Embiid fail in the playoffs again with another former mvp…so why the hell would we think Embiid could win with Murray as the teams 2nd best player???

Forget FIT…from a talent perspective Murray wouldn’t be enough to win with Embiid in my opinion. It’s either we have Trae & Embiid tandem or you just don’t do it at all.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Ayton?

I don't understand why Phoenix would be interested in Harden, if that is what he is suggesting, given they already have Booker and Beal and need forwards and depth.

I also don't understand why the Hawks would go after Ayton at this point.  Accommodating his salary would require a major roster shuffle.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Embiid is traded to Atlanta, goodbye Trae and OO. I am going to miss you

Trading Trae and OO for Embiids broken whiny a** would actually be the dumbest thing this FO could do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
Just now, akay said:

Trading Trae and OO for Embiids broken whiny a** would actually be the dumbest thing this FO could do.

Dejounte + Embiid core isn't gonna be doing anything or going anywhere. Embiid has had way better teams and teammates and coaches than Trae has ever had, and still hasn't done what Trae has in the playoffs.

Like this would be seriously so stupid

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, akay said:

Dejounte + Embiid core isn't gonna be doing anything or going anywhere. Embiid has had way better teams and teammates and coaches than Trae has ever had, and still hasn't done what Trae has in the playoffs.

Like this would be seriously so stupid

That's possible but hasn't really been in a system yet that's built around him. Philly is usually a hodgepodge of talented misfits.