• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Woj/Shams just reports the deals agreed to in principal, they still need to go through league office for final review and approval. Once approved that's when the team will make an official announcement.

So that really means... NO Deal....

Hello Chris Paul to the Lakers. 

51 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm starting to fall in line with your line of thinking. I normally don't get my hopes up, but when it was said the trade was imminent, I thought it would go through.  Now, I'm back to just not really caring what they do this off season and hope for internal development. 

Not trying to impugn the board insiders here by any means, but if a blockbuster trade is indeed imminent the national writers and beat reporters would certainly catch wind of it. No one is reporting on this, and I'm highly skeptical we are truly on the cusp of a trade for Karl Anthony Towns.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Not trying to impugn the board insiders here by any means, but if a blockbuster trade is indeed imminent the national writers and beat reporters would certainly catch wind of it. No one is reporting on this, and I'm highly skeptical we are truly on the cusp of a trade for Karl Anthony Towns.

Why you want to hear it from a national writer?  It is a rumor right now, not real for a moment.  But if it is true then it will happen if not then it was just a rumor

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There have been reports that KAT could be on the move by Mark Spears or Stein. 

Edited by marco102

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mavericks expected to trade Tim Hardaway Jr.

The Dallas Mavericks are expected to trade Tim Hardaway Jr. this summer, according to Marc Stein of Substack. The team is also expected to either trade or release JaVale McGee.

via RealGM

Most of the Mavs fans was thinking that TMJ/McGee will be send here for Capella, so maybe we can redirect them to T'Wolves with Mills/one of our youngers and one pick for KAT.  I dont know if that would be the case.

13 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Why you want to hear it from a national writer?  It is a rumor right now, not real for a moment.  But if it is true then it will happen if not then it was just a rumor

You've been pumping this and defending this as much as anybody. We can certainly make an avatar on this if you like. I'm betting KAT will not be a Hawk. Care to take my bet?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Most of the Mavs fans was thinking that TMJ/McGee will be send here for Capella, so maybe we can redirect them to T'Wolves with Mills/one of our youngers and one pick for KAT.  I dont know if that would be the case.

That would not be a deal I would be interested in as a stand alone so Dallas isn't providing enough value.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You've been pumping this and defending this as much as anybody. We can certainly make an avatar on this if you like. I'm betting KAT will not be a Hawk. Care to take my bet?

I am not defending anything; I know that this business is all about rumors and rumors.  I have a good relationship with somebody who was in the Sonics FO during the waning years before they move to OKC (if they get a team back, I would love to work for them).  He told me that "That you will be hearing all type of rumors and ideas thrown around all the time".  Some of them is true while others are not.  We just need to have patience and see what happened.

Because of this is a disservice to the insiders who is putting their contacts and friendship on the line to give us something to chew on while we wait for the regular season to start.

If he comes, that is good but if he doesn't, then we go on the next target.  End of story.  So "No" I will not take your stupid bet (besides I like my Abby avatar).

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not pumping anything. Just go look at @JayBirdHawk post and you'll see it's been reported. Just want you to stop saying no one is talking about it when they have spoken about it.  Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Edited by marco102

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Was this a tweet by one of them ?

Yeah, said Timberwolves may not want to pay his salary so he could be moved this summer or STTE.

Wasn't super detailed like they were in talks with the Hawks, but it was mentioned. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I am not defending anything; I know that this business is all about rumors and rumors.  I have a good relationship with somebody who was in the Sonics FO during the waning years before they move to OKC (if they get a team back, I would love to work for them).  He told me that "That you will be hearing all type of rumors and ideas thrown around all the time".  Some of them is true while others are not.  We just need to have patience and see what happened.

Because of this is a disservice to the insiders who is putting their contacts and friendship on the line to give us something to chew on while we wait for the regular season to start.

If he comes, that is good but if he doesn't, then we go on the next target.  End of story.  So "No" I will not take your stupid bet.

Go back and read your posts from a few days ago. You sounded pretty sure we were getting KAT. You were practically celebrating. Now you are dismissing it as mere rumors. Ok, sure buddy.