• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think KAT is the better fit offensively, but he's also absolutely terrible defensively.  KAT also doesn't have the best reputation as a worker.  

Yeah i hear you on that.   I will say though that we have to get some kind of offensive impact player in the front court or we're just wall/beal, dame/cj all over again.  i think this is the thought process with Siakam.  Offense and defense.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, warcore said:

I'm neither team KAT nor Siakam, until the JB situation plays out. That's the top prize. 

What if all this Siakam to ATL was a massive smoke screen.  What if the deal all along with indeed a 3 team trade with Toronto and Atlanta and Boston as the 3rd team?  Siakam and Capela being the main parts going to Boston with Brown coming to Atlanta and Hunter and others going to Toronto. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

What if all this Siakam to ATL was a massive smoke screen.  What if the deal all along with indeed a 3 team trade with Toronto and Atlanta and Boston as the 3rd team?  Siakam and Capela being the main parts going to Boston with Brown coming to Atlanta and Hunter and others going to Toronto. 

Could be… however, I don’t see a spot for Capela on Boston with KP, RWilliams, and Horford.  A fourth team would likely be needed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

You ever think that the motivation for picking Siakam may be Money? All this time, it has been said that we want Siakam.   He's not a good outside shooter.   He's not an elite defender.   The main reason we would take him over KAT is Availability.   Yeah, the KAT people don't want to talk about availability.   However, there's another reason that looms larger than availability....

We can see what he can do without making a longtime deal. 

Hawks get Siakam, they get their Big three, and Siakam is just a rental.  Not to his benefit, to our benefit.   He's got a good track record with injuries, so he will play.  However, if we don't win a chip... What will people say?  Can't say that we didn't put together a strong team.  Can't say we didn't try.  Can't say that we didn't have a good coach.  Siakam and his 1 year deal becomes a good scapegoat. 

AND

We've cleared some big contracts that we didn't like as much.   To top things off, with his Bird Rights, we can match whatever offer he gets and more importantly, we can trade him.   The thing about trading him, is that he will fetch something good. 

Unfortunately, KAT won' t be the same.  Neither will JB.  Their contracts will hold them here. 

The fact is that we have a cheap owner.  So getting a contract like Siakam's is a good way to remain strongly competitive and at the same time, stay under the cap.   We will Balk like Boston if it comes down to a 5yr 242 Million dollar deal. 

"BIg 3" and "Superstars"

I see these words(phrases) way too often these days..

Geez

There isnt 1 team in the NBA with 3 "superstars" on it IMO...

Edited by terrell

18 minutes ago, georgia said:

With roster as is…..assuming no trade for pascal or kat- what hole do we have pf or back up sf?      

We don’t really have any holes as is. And we are at least 2-deep at every position.

If we are talking about potential weak areas then I would say PF has a bigger question mark than the other positions. Even then we have the bodies to rotate if we are looking for more size, shooting, or experience.

Our roster is quite complete, it’s just a matter of adding high level talent in exchange for some of our extra pieces.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We don’t really have any holes as is. And we are at least 2-deep at every position.

If we are talking about potential weak areas then I would say PF has a bigger question mark than the other positions. Even then we have the bodies to rotate if we are looking for more size, shooting, or experience.

Our roster is quite complete, it’s just a matter of adding high level talent in exchange for some of our extra pieces.

Actually a trade would potentially create a hole.  We would have hopefully upgraded the talent though.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

When you only win 41 games you have a team with holes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Actually a trade would potentially create a hole.  We would have hopefully upgraded the talent though.  

Yes.

Any trade would impact our depth.

But as is, we have plenty of depth and no “holes” to fill on the roster.

We could stand to improve our shooting and defense, but adding any player to this roster only further adds to a logjam.

6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

When you only win 41 games you have a team with holes.

Roster holes, no.

Talent holes, yes.

Which is what I said.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, terrell said:

"BIg 3" and "Superstars"

I see these words(phrases) way too often these days..

Geez

There isnt 1 team in the NBA with 3 "superstars" on it IMO...

Superstars vs Stars is debatable, but PHX has 3 legit stars. 

A legit Superstar, a rising Superstar, and an All Star who fancies himself a superstar.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRW said:

Terrell Phoenix is close with 2 Batmans and 1 Robin. 😁

Meh.. 

KD used to be a superstar. Hes old and fragile now. I mean dude injured himself doing a layup in warmups.. 😂

Booker is a star not superstar imo

Beal is next tier below Booker.. lol

But yeah Phoenix is closest I guess..

Edited by terrell