• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Wish we knew where things were with trade proposals like this.. 

Landry: "Hey Bobby... where we at on the proposal"
Bobby: "Hey Bro, we chillin"
Landry: "What do you mean"
Bobby: "Whoa whoa just calm down, we chllin right now, we'll let you know" *send Michael Grange text to include Charlotte as potential landing spot for Siakam*
Landry: ends call in confused state

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Everyone seems to only remember Synder stating that he wants better spacing and naturally that would imply better shooting across the board so it’s no wonder that KAT is the best choice to do this and best fit offensively to round out our roster…on offense.

But then Synder also preached about defense and wanting bigs to be able to defend out on the perimeter. Clearly KAT can’t defend on the perimeter at all …therefore Siakam is the best choice to achieve this.

im a bit in the middle on this one. I think KATs offense is extremely elite especially paired by Trae but I also know KAT defense is as bad as advertised. Siakam is a better overall player but he’s an avg shooter at best. I think you take the good with the bad sometimes.

I think it’s a lot tougher to implement good defense than it is offense. Offense you need a special talent to go deep in the playoffs regardless and we have one special offensive talent already in Trae.

I just want the best impactful player for our situation and I’m happy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Everyone seems to only remember Synder stating that he wants better spacing and naturally that would imply better shooting across the board so it’s no wonder that KAT is the best choice to do this and best fit offensively to round out our roster…on offense.

But then Synder also preached about defense and wanting bigs to be able to defend out on the perimeter. Clearly KAT can’t defend on the perimeter at all …therefore Siakam is the best choice to achieve this.

im a bit in the middle on this one. I think KATs offense is extremely elite especially paired by Trae but I also know KAT defense is as bad as advertised. Siakam is a better overall player but he’s an avg shooter at best. I think you take the good with the bad sometimes.

I think it’s a lot tougher to implement good defense than it is offense. Offense you need a special talent to go deep in the playoffs regardless and we have one special offensive talent already in Trae.

I just want the best impactful player for our situation and I’m happy.

It's about time to regroup in circle time for Hawksquawkers.. everybody gonna need some counseling after all the KAT vs. Siakam stuff. 

I'm just waiting for it to end now, Siakam SUPER DEE DUPER MAX or send him to OKC for 15 draft picks. Don't' care.

I'm glad we don't have NBAtwitter all over JB and KAT rumors right now because my thumbs might break off refreshing pages.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

No, just not the priority. Siakam has been the top priority once it became clear Jaylen wasn't leaving Boston. 

Thank God the KAT trade didn’t leak, as that would be very awkward to know there’s a deal in place for you, but only if we can’t get our first choice. 

21 minutes ago, TwolvesFan77 said:

@NBASupes

Since ATL is probably getting Siakam, do you see MN still doing a deal with Dallas for KAT?  You guys are great, been following for awhile.  

@NBASupes

Since ATL is probably getting Siakam, do you see MN still doing a deal with Dallas for KAT?  You guys are great, been following for awhile.  

You can't guarantee that due to Masai being in the room. Atlanta should get him like Miami should get Lillard 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, TwolvesFan77 said:

It seems like the KAT to ATL talks are dead?  

No. just put on the backburner until this Siakim nonsense is straightened out one way or the other. 

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Thank God the KAT trade didn’t leak, as that would be very awkward to know there’s a deal in place for you, but only if we can’t get our first choice. 

His people know about our talks here. Twolves fans, at least some of them, know about it as well.

• Like 2

I dont see Minnesota trading KAT right now. They are gonna give the KAT/Gobert pairing one more go. Plus KAT's salary for this year is still reasonable. They might trade him at the deadline or next summer, but as for this summer, dont see it happening. He sure as heck isn't getting traded to the Hawks right now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

If only Zion could stay on the court… Trae to Zion would be electric.

Feel like he'd be more dedicated to proper rehab and diet in a place he wants to be in - you'd hope for a pro he'd take this seriously anyways... but we can hope........

I'd pull the trigger on Zion asap, any game he's in is electric

Thanks for the updates.  MN better hope Siakam deal falls through so they can close something with ATL.  I’ve watched KAT his whole career as a Wolves fan. He’s pretty annoying and says dumb stuff which hurts his reputation, but when healthy and in shape he’s pretty damn elite.  He would be good for ATL for sure.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Their Poetl acquisition last deadline was proof they don't know what they are.  The siakim stuff is just an extension of that.

I agree.  Give em a deadline then move on.  Enough is too much. 

No let’s wait… :mellow:.. together.. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TwolvesFan77 said:

Thanks for the updates.  MN better hope Siakam deal falls through so they can close something with ATL.  I’ve watched KAT his whole career as a Wolves fan. He’s pretty annoying and says dumb stuff which hurts his reputation, but when healthy and in shape he’s pretty damn elite.  He would be good for ATL for sure.  

Towns/Gobert just a bad fit unfortunately IMO. Not to deny Towns flaws because they are real. Similar to Collins/Capela here, Towns has to sacrifice something to share the court with Gobert, there is no synergy.

I hope the whole situation works out for Wolves fans, still remember how excited Flip and the FO were to land the franchise first #1 pick. If not hopefully the team can recoup some assets, having Ant can save them from being in no man's land.

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

So we know about the KAT negotiations, but KAT himself doesn't know. Come on man.

• Like 1

Thanks and not zion I think we like trey murphy and they want capela and we would take Jonas val expiring contract Also hunter prob wouldn't go to raptors they don't want his contract and pacers are still interested in hunter

So something like this is my undertanding

Hawks get siakam Jonas val and trey murphy

Pelicans get capela bey and nwora

Raptors get aj griffin buddy hield  Kira Lewis and atl 1st rd pick

Pacers get DeAndre Hunter

• Sad 1