• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Sothron said:

Our FO has plans on a post Trae future if he is ever moved. Every NBA team has contingency plans for situations like that. Quin and Trae are high on each other and both believe it will work great together.]

In case it doesn't, yes, they have plans to move on. DJM would be our point guard if not traded himself for another rebuild. 

I don't see those things happening. I also don't see Capela in one offseason coming back and being able to shoot, at all, from outside the paint. I'd kiss him on the mouth just to get him to 70% FT shooting for a season. 

Yeah, I would argue we had no real plans or course of action if Trae were to leave a year or so ago, which is effectively what I was calling out.  It's clear we're positioning ourselves to have multiple roads to go down and be successful, depending on how things pan out.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Not a generational offensive talent . . .

I present to you the number of players who have averaged 25 ppg and 9 apg in their first 5 seasons in the league:

image.thumb.png.472647b96cf5e3d65f00a7d8bb5fa10c.png

image.gif.a43961a7a4090c9bd804d6819cc010d5.gif

I thought it was clear our discussion was about DJ; I think you have PTSD from people hating on Trae lol... 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

There us a rumor floating around about Capela and JJ to Dallas for Tim Hardaway, Lively and a 2027 1st rd protected pick.  

Hawks would be stupid to make that trade imo. 

It's not a rumor, it's from this website that churns out trade 'ideas' constantly and most are categorically bad.  This is their latest one:

Atlanta Hawks Receive: G/F Kevin Porter Jr., C Boban Marjanovic, 2024 Second-Round Pick (BKN via HOU), 2024 Second-Round Pick (OKC via HOU), 2025 Second-Round Pick (HOU) 
Houston Rockets Receive: G/F Bogdan Bogdanovic

This is a snapshot of their Hawks page

Screenshot_20231001_080409_Samsung Internet.jpg

https://nbaanalysis.net/category/hawks-news/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

There us a rumor floating around about Capela and JJ to Dallas for Tim Hardaway, Lively and a 2027 1st rd protected pick.  

Hawks would be stupid to make that trade imo. 

yahhhhhh NO!  No that's not a real rumor. Dallas already got a big because their deal with Capela was a no go. They aren't doing that now.

Hawks are active right now but this is probably what we go to camp with.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I mentioned this before a week or so ago I believe. The team is what it is. We are still engaging teams but we're probably looking at this team staying as it until the deadline at least.

We gave away Kevin and Collins. They know they can't give away Capela or Hunter or the young guys. Everyone in the FO and the coaching staff wants to see what THIS group of guys can do in a full year of Snyder's system.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I mentioned this before a week or so ago I believe. The team is what it is. We are still engaging teams but we're probably looking at this team staying as it until the deadline at least.

We gave away Kevin and Collins. They know they can't give away Capela or Hunter or the young guys. Everyone in the FO and the coaching staff wants to see what THIS group of guys can do in a full year of Snyder's system.

Good, because if we can run a good, productive, offense with cohesion and buy-in, everyone's values should go up for our next move.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

If we do not move on from Client ... do we potentially make OO unhappy?  There will come a point where he wants to start and contribute more.  I am not advocating to move Clint but just asking the question.

I think OO is team first enough not to get phased by that. But I do think it effects him regarding the amount of resources we will have available for his new contract. He will not get his full potential pay day playing behind Clint who already is getting paid too. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, capstone21 said:

If we do not move on from Client ... do we potentially make OO unhappy?  There will come a point where he wants to start and contribute more.  I am not advocating to move Clint but just asking the question.

Valid point.  Fwiw, when asked about extensions for OO and Bey today...Landry said they were working to get something done for both players.  I think they want OO to get his opportunity sooner than later and have probably conveyed that to him.  They just refuse to simply give Clint away in order to make that happen (which I agree with because Clint is at least a top 15 center in the league).

• 2 weeks later...