• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Naw at this point its proven that you can't keep both pgs on the roster.

Why spend more only to have the same issues?   We can do better than Brandon Ingram for Murray.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Why spend more only to have the same issues?   We can do better than Brandon Ingram for Murray.  

So who you have in mind and what will be the cost for that?

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He's not my first choice, I'd prefer Bridges and would pay more to get him.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We gotta be realistic.  Why would BKN do that? 

Cause he's 27 and not getting younger and isn't a first or second option type player. He's a year older then Ingram. 

I don't know what it would take, but I'd strongly consider it.

6 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Cause he's 27 and not getting younger and isn't a first or second option type player. He's a year older then Ingram. 

I don't know what it would take, but I'd strongly consider it.

I dont disagree but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that thinks it's a good idea from BKN's perspective. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Murray is a complete zero off ball. Ingram is more like a 20/100 lol. Not to mention Ingram applies way more rim pressure. 

Perfect fit offensively no but better then currently yes? If you want the perfect offensive fit with a star it’s not gonna be any wing in the league you need a big 

Facts! The only perfect fit for Trae shoots the as much as Tony Snell

9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m beginning to think none of us actually know how to fix the Hawks.

It's a mess.  None of the podcasters seem to have an answer either. 

I feel completely justified pushing for Siakam after watching the Pacers.  You see the options available to us now?  If we made a playoff push with all the injuries in the East, Siakam may just want to ride that vibe on another contract with us.  

There is/was the keep Collins crowd, where that puts us into similar territory as Phoenix with much less talent.

There is the we should have signed Thybulle or some other bench role player for 4 years at $14M/yr crowd.  Similar to keeping Collins that would have put us into the top 8-10 spenders in the league for an extremely mediocre roster.  Plus even more dead weight on our payroll to try to shed.  

If everyone makes this summer about using the MLE or not to go into the luxury tax, I'm already tired.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Murray is a complete zero off ball. Ingram is more like a 20/100 lol. Not to mention Ingram applies way more rim pressure. 

Perfect fit offensively no but better then currently yes? If you want the perfect offensive fit with a star it’s not gonna be any wing in the league you need a big 

Neither one of them attack the rim.  They both have very low free throw rates because they don't attack and get into the paint.  They drive and then pull up at the free throw line.  

The perfect fit alongside Trea is Trey Murphy, who is a POA defender and takes over 6 catch and shoot three-point shots a game.  

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Neither one of them attack the rim.  They both have very low free throw rates because they don't attack and get into the paint.  They drive and then pull up at the free throw line.  

The perfect fit alongside Trea is Trey Murphy, who is a POA defender and takes over 6 catch and shoot three-point shots a game.  

Free throw rate doesn’t mean they don’t attack the rim lol. Watch BI this season before the knee injury he got to the rim and attacked gaps willfully. He’s shooting like 73% at the rim this season lol 

• Like 1

If they trade for Brandon Ingram under the impression that he's a better fit alongside Trae, then they will ultimately lose Trae in a year and be stuck with Brandon Ingram on a bloated contract that completely overvalues what he brings to the table.  Brandon Ingram is not going to move the needle and make this team an upper echelon team in the East.  

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If they trade for Brandon Ingram under the impression that he's a better fit alongside Trae, then they will ultimately lose Trae in a year and be stuck with Brandon Ingram on a bloated contract that completely overvalues what he brings to the table.  Brandon Ingram is not going to move the needle and make this team an upper echelon team in the East.  

On some level you have to face the reality that doing nothing is a certain way to lose Trae.  Spare me the Hawks university talk.  We have to improve enough next year to keep Trae.  Flipping Murray is about our only option.  

4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

On some level you have to face the reality that doing nothing is a certain way to lose Trae.  Spare me the Hawks university talk.  We have to improve enough next year to keep Trae.  Flipping Murray is about our only option.  

I'm not making a case to keep Murray.  I am making the case against trading for Ingram.  Just because we have to do something isn't a reason to make a stupid trade.  If Landry can get New Orleans to give up Herb Jones or Trey Murphy in a deal for DJM, do it.  If he can convince Orlando to give up Isaac and picks for Murray, do it.  If he can get LA to give up Reaves and picks for Murray, do it.  Hell no on Ingram though.  

• Like 1

Zion for Murray plus?

(They would want Trae instead, but are getting tired of Zion not being available for the playoffs or much of most seasons, I suspect).

Edited by mountainjim
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

Zion for Murray plus?

(They would want Trae instead, but are getting tired of Zion not being available for the playoffs or much of most seasons, I suspect).

But this is why we shouldn't want Zion.

Let others chime in tho because I'm President of the anti-Zion movement so I'm biased. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But this is why we shouldn't want Zion.

Let others chime in tho because I'm President of the anti-Zion movement so I'm biased. 

Yeah, I'm still making that deal. Zion should've been in a Hawks uniform after that sham of a Draft Lottery anyway.

• Like 1