• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Discussion about Hunter and Trae (split off from insider thread)

TheNorthCydeRises

13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

3+6=9  9/82= .101   3/.101 = 29....you're both wrong.

Yay now I got to make people feel dumb....okay all better now.

FYI 29 is still 12 less than 41.  But since Trae was out 9 games and we were 38/35 when he played that means if he's played every game we would have been 42.7 and 40.3.....so technically a 13.7 game difference between Trae/noTrae....however the sample size is too small to draw any real conclusions.

Check your 9/82 math again, Camp 😆  Akay was right.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

3+6=9  9/82= .101   3/.101 = 29....you're both wrong.

Yay now I got to make people feel dumb....okay all better now.

FYI 29 is still 12 less than 41.  But since Trae was out 9 games and we were 38/35 when he played that means if he's played every game we would have been 42.7 and 40.3.....so technically a 13.7 game difference between Trae/noTrae....however the sample size is too small to draw any real conclusions.

3/9 = 1/3.  1/3 x 82 = 27.3, so actually Akay was right.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll always blaming everyone but Trae. It's not that Nate don't deserve some blame but it's a religion on here that we must sacrifice everyone on the alter of Saint Traeus.

I am done on this topic in this thread till @AHF moves the Dre/Trae post into this own offseason chatter thread where we can continue this. As of right now, this is an insiders thread and we are talking about non-insiders topics. No point in doing so. If you got questions for me, just wait till it's moved. I won't be responding. 

Where in my point did I say trae was void of any criticism or fault. If we want to reach the end goal of winning a championship then trae will have to grow immensely as a player. Better shot selection, eliminate the careless turnovers, move a ton more off ball, don't be a cone off the ball or cone, don't take nights off on the defensive end... the list goes on

Trae has his faults and needs to fix things but god damn stop writing bs hypotheticals to try to prove a point. Prove your point with actual stats or film or whatever but don't say "if we had this..." and when comparing us to other teams hmm maybe lets factor in context like them having a hall of fame coach and not one of the worst coaches for modern basketball ever. Barring injury, when the hawks win 50 games next szn you will be like "Wow Quin is really good unlike the two bums we had before" who mind you nobody has even interviewed for a job since...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Well, that was an interesting read. I just have one question to ask before going back to lurking and reading the insider's information.

Who was the magical wing that Trae held down and flourished once they got away from Trae?

2018 - 2019
image.png.ebdd6e3f1f09eb9cdfd6e064c245993c.png

2019 - 2020
image.png.1d7501cf195c5d73ab9149a7e99e4feb.png

2020 - 2021
image.png.a52c7234c6e12053334080f98e1a2eb2.png

2021 - 2022
image.png.0514ece53402009dfef8c5642955c201.png

I'm willing to admit I was wrong if someone can point them out, but I don't see one. Huerter making 1 extra 3 per game this last season does not count as flourishing in my book. 

I think they're intimating team success.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Trae has his faults and needs to fix things but god damn stop writing bs hypotheticals to try to prove a point. Prove your point with actual stats or film or whatever but don't say "if we had this..." and when comparing us to other teams hmm maybe lets factor in context like them having a hall of fame coach and not one of the worst coaches for modern basketball ever. Barring injury, when the hawks win 50 games next szn you will be like "Wow Quin is really good unlike the two bums we had before" who mind you nobody has even interviewed for a job since..

When we evaluate players that we want to trade for, it's not going to be based off of feelings and emotion. It's going to be based off of actual data, game tape, and how it affects the team.

As for the former 2 coaches, LP may or may not get another NBA job.  He may have to drop down to college first.  Or maybe he's content being a NBA assistant coach, which is fine.

Nate, on the other hand, has always been promoted from within as the top assistant coach to head coach, and never hired from the outside by another team.  That's fine too.  But that also indicates that Nate is not seen as a basketball mind, or a leader to go out and hire.  Both, I believe, are great men.  Just not great basketball coaches.

The Hawks were dead last in the league in passes per game and 2nd to last in secondary assist.  This means we were an iso heavy team in which the people handling the ball look to score most of the time, unless his name was Trae or Dejounte.

Despite the low number of passes, the Hawks ranked 10th in assists per game and 1st in assists to pass%.  This means when we did pass the ball, it went for a score 10% of the time.  That's higher than Denver's 9.8% Asst to Pass %.

With Quin's system, do you need guys who are passers who can get people easier shots, or just guys who just move the ball around just to be doing it?

If you go back 5 years, Utah was top 7 in assists per game and total passes per game. And they had an assist to pass % of 10.2 ( ranking them 10th in the league ), but higher than the Hawks lead leading percentage this season.  ( The Hawks highest assist to pass% in the Trae era, was in the 2021-22 season, in which we had a 11.5%, 3rd in the league behind Phoenix and Charlotte ).

So if Quin's system is going to promote more ball movement, it also means that we need guys who can put the ball in the hole, whether it be with drives to the pint, or by making shots.

Look to see if Landry tries to acquire these types of players, if any trade goes down.  Guys who can not only score the basketball, but also make the right pass to get other people good shots.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When we evaluate players that we want to trade for, it's not going to be based off of feelings and emotion. It's going to be based off of actual data, game tape, and how it affects the team.

As for the former 2 coaches, LP may or may not get another NBA job.  He may have to drop down to college first.  Or maybe he's content being a NBA assistant coach, which is fine.

Nate, on the other hand, has always been promoted from within as the top assistant coach to head coach, and never hired from the outside by another team.  That's fine too.  But that also indicates that Nate is not seen as a basketball mind, or a leader to go out and hire.  Both, I believe, are great men.  Just not great basketball coaches.

The Hawks were dead last in the league in passes per game and 2nd to last in secondary assist.  This means we were an iso heavy team in which the people handling the ball look to score most of the time, unless his name was Trae or Dejounte.

Despite the low number of passes, the Hawks ranked 10th in assists per game and 1st in assists to pass%.  This means when we did pass the ball, it went for a score 10% of the time.  That's higher than Denver's 9.8% Asst to Pass %.

With Quin's system, do you need guys who are passers who can get people easier shots, or just guys who just move the ball around just to be doing it?

If you go back 5 years, Utah was top 7 in assists per game and total passes per game. And they had an assist to pass % of 10.2 ( ranking them 10th in the league ), but higher than the Hawks lead leading percentage this season.  ( The Hawks highest assist to pass% in the Trae era, was in the 2021-22 season, in which we had a 11.5%, 3rd in the league behind Phoenix and Charlotte ).

So if Quin's system is going to promote more ball movement, it also means that we need guys who can put the ball in the hole, whether it be with drives to the pint, or by making shots.

Look to see if Landry tries to acquire these types of players, if any trade goes down.  Guys who can not only score the basketball, but also make the right pass to get other people good shots.

It's funny how Nate haters can point to our poor passing numbers of last year but the year before, we had great passing numbers, but couldn't get stops so we were always playing in a half-court situation. 

I don't know what else you guys who praise Trae want. I really don't. 

Because it would be pointless, we have had Trae here for years. Some of our best offensive seasons have been recently with Trae. Our passing metrics was some of the best in the NBA for the RS. A shit playoff against Miami and everyone is crying to a secondary ball handler, we get one who can get stops on D and now we are crying because we can't make shots because we traded one of the best short movement wings in the NBA for peanuts because his minutes were going to be cut due to Murray. I don't know what you Trae stans want. 

You always have a lot of feel good shit to say but none of it makes sense to people like me who understand the game. 

You can't get much better players who are better than Trae to put around Trae and pay Trae the max and think it's going to work. That's not how the NBA works. Everyone is dealing with a limited budget and roster. This is on Trae, he can't be a max cat and not delivering. You are the king of feel good Trae posts but I am here to tell you, it's bullshit. It's always been bullshit. It will always be bullshit until Trae fixes his flaws. 

Before you say I am a hater. Trae is my favorite player on the squad. 

1. Trae

2. OO

3. Dre

4. Clint

5. A.J. 

6. JC

7. Bogi

8. JJ

9. Bruno

The only reason it seems like I go off on him is because of the delusion of his fans on this site. On RealGM, I never speak negatively of Trae because most of them are Trae haters. So I am usually defending him but you guys on here are so f***ing delusional when it comes to Trae. The amount of bullshit you say it outstanding when Trae is mentioned. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

When bozo decided to take his shot at Dre, he basically screamed he wanted war with me. That glass house mfer got some f***ing nerves. 

Wow.  Talk about taking it personally.  Obviously, Dre's impact in areas other than defense has been underwhelming but the defense he brings is very hard to replace so he remains critical.

• Thanks 3

The reason why I am always attacking the average BBIQ of this board is because of bullshit like what NC wrote. 

We didn't decided to be an offense that was limited passing the rock because of Nate. We made PERSONNEL changes. We brought in another PG. He tends to ballstop like our main PG who replaced someone who treated the basketball like a hot pocket in Kevin. 

Why did we do that? Because we needed someone who can play defense and create for others in theory. It didn't work but that doesn't change the fact that Murray is better than Kevin and he has raised our floor significantly. The issue is, our ceiling has been limited and now we are at best, mediocre. 

While hiring Quin did wonders for our bench as well as acquiring Bey, it killed our starters because we went from a spamming offense under Nate which I didn't love either to a realistic one that we couldn't execute. Why? Because as many here have mentioned, three of our starters cannot create for others, and while our offense had more variety and movement, what good is it when one player just stands at the tip of the mid-court logo, one is trying to drive to the mid range to take a contested jumper, the other fumbles the ball when it's dribbling in traffic, one can't create off the dribble to save his life and the other has a shooting range of a Turtle walking, we kinda have serious limitations. 

That said, the fix ain't so easy. Your best fit at the four is Bey, he can't defend for shit and if his shot ain't falling, he's killing you and he's on the floor with Trae. JJ can't shoot and without Bey on the floor for spacing, he can't drive either. OO to undersized and plays like Horace Grant. Bogi is effective as backup but as a starter, he goes to times when he looks like an All-Star then he goes through times when Garrison Matthews looks like Jordan next to him. A.J. is still too raw for now, let's see how he looks in SL before we throw him into this. 

It's fair to say, we don't really have starters on our bench other than OO. I don't know what you want. I really don't. If Trae was much better, it would work with our current starters is the truth. It's just something his stans don't want to accept. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wow.  Talk about taking it personally.  Obviously, Dre's impact in areas other than defense has been underwhelming but the defense he brings is very hard to replace so he remains critical.

He could have easily made a thread. That post ain't relevant to this thread. That's a thread post. Before that post, I kept these types of convos to threads only of late. 

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Somebody direct me to the INSIDER INFO thread.  I somehow stumbled into the 'one guy airing personal grievances' section.

My error, I guess. 

This is the Trae stan talk I am talking about. When NC does it, it's the same damn thing which is why it shouldn't be here but because you like Trae, you are talking sides. I will admit, these posts shouldn't be here. Nor should his. It has nothing to do with anything about this thread. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is the Trae stan talk I am talking about. When NC does it, it's the same damn thing which is why it shouldn't be here but because you like Trae, you are talking sides. I will admit, these posts shouldn't be here. Nor should his. It has nothing to do with anything about this thread. 

OMFG, I need one of you meme creators to merge the Eminem Stan video but put Trae's hair on the guy....please....I'll pay in likes.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am done on this topic in this thread till @AHF moves the Dre/Trae post into this own offseason chatter thread where we can continue this. As of right now, this is an insiders thread and we are talking about non-insiders topics. No point in doing so. If you got questions for me, just wait till it's moved. I won't be responding. 

And yet….

Sorry Supes, I couldn’t help it. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hi Bird, 

What was your question, I remember you posted rosters but I can't remember what it was about

Lol. IDK. 
Maybe it was about someone asking if there is a Hunter replacement currently on the roster. I suggested a combo of JJ and Bey, where JJ plays PF on offense, SF on defense, and Bey plays the opposite roles. 
That’s a downgrade defensively overall, but a cheaper option assuming salary savings go towards upgrades at other positions. 
I tagged you bc you and I have gone back and forth on opinions about JJ at SF, me being more in favor of it than you. 

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Bye-ee.... 

@kg01 what would you ever do if I left this board?  It could be a month between my posts, you still hang on every one.  Tell me you’re fascinated by my perspective without really telling me you’re fascinated by my perspective.  I appreciate it either way.

To all that liked and thanked Kg’s attempt at humor, the block function was made specifically for you.  I know y’all hate me but I truly wish peace and prosperity upon you all.