• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Discussion about Hunter and Trae (split off from insider thread)

TheNorthCydeRises

Trae has special abilities, most than anyone else on this team by a mile. 

The issue is, he has critical flaws that negatively impact everyone on the squad. Until he realizes that and not just for a game or two, we won't go anywhere. We can literally have Trae miss the entire year next year and still easily win 42 games. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

His post [does not convince me], I've made my case for Dre in the past. Go look up those posts, I have too many written. Just go look it up. Why waste my time doing that when I've done it plenty of times already? 

So your response is Trae. Got it!

Just move on from it then.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We can literally have Trae miss the entire year next year and still easily win 42 games. 

We won 3 and lost 6 while Trae was out this season, extrapolate that to a whole season and you get about a 27 game win season.

The math disagrees with you bud :heat:😹

😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, akay said:

We won 3 and lost 6 while Trae was out this season, extrapolate that to a whole season and you get about a 27 game win season.

The math disagrees with you bud :heat:😹

😜

Hawksquawk.net ya'll 

Look at the teams we were playing against. Only two finished under .500 and one of them was Portland fully healthy with Dame dropping 42 on our head. The rest were contenders. LMAO! 

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/hawks-record-without-trae-young-2023

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Al made all of those guys All-Stars. Sap was only an all-star because the East is weak. Horford is respected by coaches. He would make it in the West or East like Draymond. 

Mr. Torn pec??

I guess he was responsible for Joe Johnson's 7 allstars too?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hawksquawk.net ya'll 

Look at the teams we were playing against. Only two finished under .500 and one of them was Portland fully healthy with Dame dropping 42 on our head. The rest were contenders. LMAO! 

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/hawks-record-without-trae-young-2023

I'm just saying, I got math behind my logic, you're just talking outta emotions 🤷🏽‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Mr. Torn pec??

I guess he was responsible for Joe Johnson's 7 allstars too?

The eastern conference's lack of guard depth was the product of Joe's appearances. Go through each season he was getting in as a reserve, who were you going to put in over him as a guard? He was a lock by lack of options. The east just lacked depth whereas the west had star power and depth of star power. I just went through the years Joe was voted in, no one was challenging him for that last spot. That's why no one takes it seriously when you say, Joe's been an all-star more than Reggie Miller. Joe is looking like he's going to be an all-star more than Trae, should he be, hell no!

Edited by NBASupes

15 minutes ago, akay said:

I'm just saying, I got math behind my logic, you're just talking outta emotions 🤷🏽‍♂️

So you are saying that games where teams that are over .500 or way over .500 are equal to games of teams that are under .500? So playing the Nuggets is the same as playing the Pistons right? Hawksquawk.net logic ya'll

It's just as easy to beat the Nuggets as it is to beat the Pistons or Magic ya'll. Hawksquawk logic, I got math behind it.

Edited by NBASupes

8 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Yeah, I hate it when @NBASupes is like this.

Right now, I dont see any of those wings doing better when they are on another team, heck Cam got traded twice.  Trae is not perfect but atleast he is going to keep in the game or shoot you out of it.  

Cam improved in NY. Did he live up to his potential, no and maybe he's not capable. Atlanta realized it and bailed and NY did too. Kevin is the singular reason Sacarmento is what they are currently. Thanks, Atlanta! 

It's going to continue. It's a lot easier to play in a system that's a system. Where the ball moves. Where players move. Where defensively, you aren't carrying dead f***ing weight. I hate when people talk shit with the idea of benefitting the guy who's the problem in the first place. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So Hunter has no handles, no moves, has no defensive impact other than man defense on the wing, has no rebounding on either end, looks like a corpse half the time on offense...and that's Trae's fault. All of it.

Ok then.

You honestly think if Hunter was traded to another team, any other team, he would just magically have all the missing things I just listed from his game? Serious question. not taking a shot.

Well, 

if you believe that Horford made Millsap, Teague and Korver allstars...

Then shouldn't you believe that it's Trae's fault that Hunter makes absolutely no impact on either end of the court and then is out for at least 14 games per season?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So Hunter has no handles, no moves, has no defensive impact other than man defense on the wing, has no rebounding on either end, looks like a corpse half the time on offense...and that's Trae's fault. All of it.

Ok then.

You honestly think if Hunter was traded to another team, any other team, he would just magically have all the missing things I just listed from his game? Serious question. not taking a shot.

He has limited handles? Yep

He has limited moves outside of straight line drives? Yep

He definitely has defensive impact especially on the wing

He has limited rebounding for a wing? Yep

He's decent on offense to me most of the time, that's your opinion of the corpse's shit. 

Shit, you forgot to mention he's a poor passer with limited vision. 

And yes, it's still Trae's fault. It's been Trae's fault and unless he changes, it will CONTINUE to be Trae's fault. 

Why? 

Shit decision-making skills while dominating time of possession on the ball and dribbling the air out of the ball. 

Horrendous shot selection - Josh Smith levels of shitty

Horrible time managing skills, for someone who loves Steve Nash, I don't think he watched any Nash outside of highlights because Nash's best trait was his time management with the ball. That's the one area where he shits on the Point Gawd, CP3. Nash had a perfect feel for when to pass, shoot, execute the play, create magic, etc. He just had the best feel for the game. Joker is close but he's not Nash at that. Instead, Trae is just like Marbury. Just doing shit for stats and if it would give him a stat. He doesn't do shit to win, he does shit to produce on paper. It's f***ing idiotic. 

Movement off the ball is asstastic. I think it was you that tried to say, he just need another handler. We got Murray, it's more disastrous than even I thought it would be. 

He's a streaky-ass shooter which to be fair, most of our guys are including Dre. 

He is constantly is trying to get bailed out by refs doing idiotic bogus shit that just irks players, coaches, and fanbases. 

Defensively, he's the WOAT. nothing much more needs to be said than that. 

And he's massively overpaid. 

So yes, he's the f***ing problem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's decent on offense to me most of the time, that's your opinion of the corpse's shit. 

And yes, it's still Trae's fault. It's been Trae's fault and unless he changes, it will CONTINUE to be Trae's fault. 

Why? 

Shit decision-making skills while dominating time of possession on the ball and dribbling the air out of the ball. 

Horrible time managing skills, for someone who loves Steve Nash, I don't think he watched any Nash outside of highlights because Nash's best trait was his time management with the ball. That's the one area where he shits on the Point Gawd, CP3. Nash had a perfect feel for when to pass, shoot, execute the play, create magic, etc. He just had the best feel for the game. Joker is close but he's not Nash at that. Instead, Trae is just like Marbury. Just doing shit for stats and if it would give him a stat. He doesn't do shit to win, he does shit to produce on paper. It's f***ing idiotic. 

Movement off the ball is asstastic. I think it was you that tried to say, he just need another handler. We got Murray, it's more disastrous than even I thought it would be. 

He's a streaky-ass shooter which to be fair, most of our guys are including Dre. 

He is constantly is trying to get bailed out by refs doing idiotic bogus shit that just irks players, coaches, and fanbases. 

These next few years are going to really suck for you as a Hawks fan considering Trae will continue to be the face of the franchise.

• Like 4

So if Hunter goes to another team, he would be massively valued at his correct level. If that's what you are asking me. Right now, he is not. His value is being lessened like Kevin's. 

Is Kevin any better right now than he was in Atlanta? No, but his impact is massively better and he's valued correctly now. The same would happen to Dre.

Clint, just depends on who's the primary ballhandler. If he goes to a team with no creators, he's gonna look like shit. 

JC is valued correctly and that's the problem. The Hawks overvalued him. I've been saying that shit for YEARS. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why? 

Yeah I think you need to cover your eyes for a while since Trae is face of this franchise and he might be those things atleast he try, I think Hunter might be better off with another team right now.  

• Like 4