• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's time for a grown man talk about Siakim....

Diesel

On a serious note. I would do Siakim for DJ, Guruba, Bey (only because of $$ contract extension etc) and Mathews. I possibly would replace Bey with Hunter based on money and fit. I wouldn't mind giving a pick either but I do think that would be over doing it. 

I do think Siakim and Trae would be a good fit. I think Siakim, Trae and DJ would be a little more disastrous but if we made a reasonable move to get him that also benefits us in a way. We currently have way too many players to keep possibly all the ones we would want so I don't mind a little overload.

I would be less willing still though to get rid of our younger core in OO, ,JJ, AJ, Kobe and Gueye. I really think those guys have all the tools to become something really special and with an early bond could possibly even give us discounts in the future to stick together. 

We already know AJ and JJ have chemistry from playing at Duke and JJ and OO play well together as well. Alll 3 can play atleast 2 positions and I've said this before but JJ is versatile enough to play the 1 (Ben Simmons with a shot and confidence) to the 4 possibly 5 in small ball action. 

You don't just give up young talent like that unless you're getting a bonafide game changer back.

A team of  PG Trae SG AJ SF Hunter or Bey PF Siakim C Clint bench PG Kobe SG Bogi SF Seth PF JJ C OO would be nice, deep and dangerous though I will agree. 

I do think Siakim would be a great example for Mo Gueye and I honestly would love to see him more developed with OO and JJ all on the court together with AJ and Kobe.

I know I'm looking into the future but so many random shot blocks coming from everywhere, high switch ability, shots from all over, ball movement and alleys would be fun to watch from this young core.

Edited by sillent

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, sillent said:

On a serious note. I would do Siakim for DJ, Guruba, Bey (only because of $$ contract extension etc) and Mathews. I possibly would replace Bey with Hunter based on money and fit. I wouldn't mind giving a pick either but I do think that would be over doing it. 

I do think Siakim and Trae would be a good fit. I think Siakim, Trae and DJ would be a little more disastrous but if we made a reasonable move to get him that also benefits us in a way. We currently have way too many players to keep possibly all the ones we would want so I don't mind a little overload.

I would be less willing still though to get rid of our younger core in OO, ,JJ, AJ, Kobe and Gueye. I really think those guys have all the tools to become something really special and with an early bond could possibly even give us discounts in the future to stick together. 

We already know AJ and JJ have chemistry from playing at Duke and JJ and OO play well together as well. Alll 3 can play atleast 2 positions and I've said this before but JJ is versatile enough to play the 1 (Ben Simmons with a shot and confidence) to the 4 possibly 5 in small ball action. 

You don't just give up young talent like that unless you're getting a bonafide game changer back.

A team of  PG Trae SG AJ SF Hunter or Bey PF Siakim C Clint bench PG Kobe SG Bogi SF Seth PF JJ C OO would be nice, deep and dangerous though I will agree. 

The deal is dead!

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I know his people are saying that he doesn't want to play anywhere but Toronto.

I would say the same if I had the opportunity to get the Supermax. 

So trade for him anyway? Wow! I wouldn't! I want players who want to be here not unmotivated locker room cancers.

• Like 2

I may be jumping all over this conclusion but if a player says he don't want to play for Atlanta, grant him his wish and don't bother to make an offer for him.

I agree with his statement.  I don't want him here either.  He's probably a great all star and those players are rare.  Any player that is unhappy because he got traded to a team that he doesn't want to play for is not going to give the new team his best.  Why would we wish to put him in this position?  Why would we want to be?

I want happy Hawks !!

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As far as his statements that he doesn't want to play here, the reaction to move on makes sense but that is the point.  His camp wants EVERYONE to move on so that he keeps hope alive at the supermax. 

You never know what is being said behind closed doors.  He may actually not want to play for Atlanta because he knows Trae Young is ball dominant and after seeing DM's numbers decline feel like he's risking his value.  But his agents might actually be saying that it is nothing to do with Atlanta, but making it clear they will play every card possible to keep supermax status. 

We may never know the truth.  In this case there is a valid reason to believe he may actually be fine to play in Atlanta, or even want to play in Atlanta, but it takes a discerning person to understand the situation.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I may be jumping all over this conclusion but if a player says he don't want to play for Atlanta, grant him his wish and don't bother to make an offer for him.

I agree with his statement.  I don't want him here either.  He's probably a great all star and those players are rare.  Any player that is unhappy because he got traded to a team that he doesn't want to play for is not going to give the new team his best.  Why would we wish to put him in this position?  Why would we want to be?

I want happy Hawks !!

On the flip side . . . when a player says that he wants to go to a certain team, and no one else, do you make his wish come true, or do you do what is best for the team and trade him to a place that gets you back maximum assets?

Four More Teams Have Reportedly Inquired About Damian Lillard - The Spun:  What's Trending In The Sports World Today

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I want happy Hawks !!

Cause they are desperate Trae fans who think this is the only way to keep Trae Diva happy. Lol!

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

On the flip side . . . when a player says that he wants to go to a certain team, and no one else, do you make his wish come true, or do you do what is best for the team and trade him to a place that gets you back maximum assets?

Four More Teams Have Reportedly Inquired About Damian Lillard - The Spun:  What's Trending In The Sports World Today

You let him sit for the year.  Stick to your guns

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cause they are desperate Trae fans who think this is the only way to keep Trae Diva happy. Lol!

Who is arguing that we should make a move that will hurt the team's competitiveness just to keep Trae happy?  I've seen the general comment that we need to advance the team from fringe playoff team to legit contender to ensure Trae is happy but I think everyone I've seen arguing for Siakam thinks we should do it because they believe it will make the team better.  Is there someone who thinks it won't improve the team but still is the right move to keep Trae happy?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Who is arguing that we should make a move that will hurt the team's competitiveness just to keep Trae happy?  I've seen the general comment that we need to advance the team from fringe playoff team to legit contender to ensure Trae is happy but I think everyone I've seen arguing for Siakam thinks we should do it because they believe it will make the team better.  Is there someone who thinks it won't improve the team but still is the right move to keep Trae happy?

They don't believe that at all. At least I hope they are more knowledgeable than that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Who is arguing that we should make a move that will hurt the team's competitiveness just to keep Trae happy? 

Literally no one.  Peo just thinks he knows what everyone thinks and what their motives are because it suits his POV.  He doesn't think PS should be traded for and anyone that believes differently is just a "Trae lover" that only wants the trade because they think Trae wants it.  

It's a completely asinine POV but he owns it well.  

Never mind the fact that we have no idea if Trae wants the trade or not.  Never mind the fact that he lumps everyone in favor of the trade as a "Trae lover" (as if that's some derogatory term).  He just pushes his POV as if it's some written in stone, capital T Truth.  When in reality it's a bunch of 💩.

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Literally no one.  Peo just thinks he knows what everyone thinks and what their motives are because it suits his POV. 

If Peo knows this is what people actually think quotes will be forthcoming to support his claim.  I'm sure he wouldn't admonish people for holding a position they've never actually proposed.  

I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to support this idea because it is a pretty strange one to me just working off memory alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

If Peo knows this is what people actually think quotes will be forthcoming to support his claim.  I'm sure he wouldn't admonish people for holding a position they've never actually proposed.  

I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to support this idea because it is a pretty strange one to me just working off memory alone.

It's impossible to imagine that members of this fan base would think that a guy on a team with Barnes, Vanvleet, OG that finished 10th in the east just last season, who has no interest in the Hawks, who is an inefficient scorer who no longer plays defense, can't shoot, teammate can't wait to get rid of, who wants a supermax, who is at best a 1 year rental or by some miracle the Hawks convinced him to stay by paying him an average of $52 mil per season which is more than any superstar in the league including the 2 time and current MVP with the last year of his contract during his 35 birthday season...I just have a hard time believing that anybody wants to gut the Hawks for player who is no better than Murray. Didn't anyone learn anything from the Murray trade. It made the team worse period! Maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1