• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (7 PM EST) -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

3rd quarter, we created numerous quality touches but shots weren't falling. For us to win consistently, Trae has to trust the scheme 

The last 3-4 minutes of the 2nd quarter was putrid- reverted to bas stuff.

Agree regarding the shots in the 3rd.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I stick with my prediction that Trae asks for a trade by February to GET AHEAD of the backlash and pressure that the Hawks move on from him.  He can't fire a third head coach and he knows it.

Who would take him after tonight?

1 minute ago, skimaskway23 said:

I saw JJ shine in John Collins absence. I saw great passing in the first half by everyone.

If Trae and DJ have JUST an average night we run away with this one. If we made more than 5 3s we run away with this game. 

Sloppy end to the game but that was our stars trying to show their worth when having an off night. This early in the season I expect old habits to pop up here and there. Good thing is they didn't play like that ALL game.

Level-headed post.

I like it.

Fans always take losses like this hard vs a team that we're "supposedly" better than.

This might be our first 25 page game thread of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who would take him after tonight?

OKC?  Their attendance could use Trae as the homer to fill the seats. 

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

And let me make myself clear again. If it doesn't work between Trae & Quinn...Trae is the one that needs to go!!!

You are crazy if u think a team should go through 3 coaches for a player!!

Trae is out by February.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

3rd quarter, we created numerous quality touches but shots weren't falling. For us to win consistently, Trae has to trust the scheme 

The others have to trust the scheme as well, and get the ball to the open player . . even if it's Trae.

Horrible game from our floor leader tonight on both ends.  So he has to take most of the hit for the loss.

On to Game 2.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Trae is out by February.

Shit, Idk if it's by FEB but like I said if it don't work it's 100% on Trae not on Quinn

And I'll personally strap a rocket to Trae's back and light the fuse to get him outta here if that's the case

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm more surprised at Quinn going status quo ever since he has been here ( not changing the offense one bit) and not inspiring these guys than anything else.  Like the gif I keep posting, they could've just kept McMillan and saved the dough they giving Quinn.  The Hawks have a monster coaching staff too and this is what they are bringing to the table?  Yes, its one game but I've seen enough to see that nothing is gonna change.  The Hawks will have glimpses of brilliance but overall will be a .500 ball club that sneaks into the play in tournament again.

Edited by Hawkmoor

9 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Trae is out by February.

I mentioned OKC years back.. lol

Trae will be better, but I cant see him leading us anywhere..

He's just too damn small and inefficient to be a lead man in the NBA IMO..... Ive said it from the beginning.. I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it..

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Porzingis cooking the Knicks. What could have been…

Wouldve been a good fit here..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2