• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

And I don't think it's necessary to wait until players/coaches rack up accolades, win championships, and get wide recognition for their success, to give them any kind of props. 

If you are applying that to me, I think you missed a step.  I've given Quin props already and was very high on his hiring so I'm not saying and have never said I would wait until fully proven to say anything nice about someone.  I'm just not willing to put as the best coach in the league over more proven coaches just like I wouldn't have claimed Trae was a better playmaker than Chris Paul the day he stepped onto the floor.  Saying Trae has the potential to be the league's best passer or that Quin has the potential to be the best coach is no knock on them.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, AHF said:

I  hope you are right.  I don't have that level of confidence in him now but I think he is a cutting edge coach with the potential to prove he belongs among the very best.  I just don't think his resume supports it yet.

Resume is subjective...

I mean, you took Lebron to the finals, does that make you a better coach than Somebody who wins with 51 games with Gordon Heywood as your best player and George HIll as your PG?

14 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

Yuk I thought we were far more deep than those teams, not saying I really looked, just from what I am reading here or there.

Prime Mike Conley, Donovan Mitchell, DPOY Gobert, Bojan Bogdanovic is a very good top 4, just not quite championship level. I'd say it's comparable to Trae, Murray, and whoever our next 2 are.

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

Prime Mike Conley, Donovan Mitchell, DPOY Gobert, Bojan Bogdanovic is a very good top 4, just not quite championship level. I'd say it's comparable to Trae, Murray, and whoever our next 2 are.

I wouldn't say they had prime Mike Conley. But they definitely had the others in their prime. They had Mike Conley like we had Mike Bibby

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Gobert was absolutely in his prime, Mitchell too.  But outside of Gobert, that lineup is waaayyyyy too weak defensively to make it deep into the playoffs.  The roster construction was just a touch off -- needed Marcus Smart type guard and better wing defenders and I think they could have made serious noise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Gobert was absolutely in his prime, Mitchell too.  But outside of Gobert, that lineup is waaayyyyy too weak defensively to make it deep into the playoffs.  The roster construction was just a touch off -- needed Marcus Smart type guard and better wing defenders and I think they could have made serious noise

I think you could say the same about us. I think we're putting more effort in but I still worry about our defense.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't say they had prime Mike Conley. But they definitely had the others in their prime. They had Mike Conley like we had Mike Bibby

True, he was older than I remembered. On paper we have more talent than they did but we need somebody outside of Trae/Murray to really pop more than "good roleplayer." 

• Like 1