Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks -- IST Game #3

lethalweapon3

Just now, JeffS17 said:

I swear we’d be 8-5 if you replace Hunter with any player in the NBA making $20M or more per year

Hunter been playing like shit the last 5 games but replacing his defense at his size and position is way easier said than done. I know you maybe pissed at his offense but Goodluck finding replacements. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Honestly one of Trae's best games ever. That third quarter was just disasterous.

Idk about best game ever but offensively wasn't much bad. Defensively, he was food but so was mostly everyone else outside of Murray and Dre although Dre was getting BBQ in the post by Turner

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Quins, I thought Quin was a million times better than Nate. We still .500, we still play horrendous defense, and we got even more contracts locked in than we had previously. 

Hawks gonna have to make some trades.. This roster aint it..

I hate being MID.

I'd rather tank(if we didnt owe SA so many fkn picks).. Good grief.. We're screwed...Schlenk saw the handwriting on the wall.....Thats the best decision he ever made leaving here.........

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

They managed to squander a 20 point lead. Another embarrassing loss at home. 

Trae had a GREAT night, no doubt. But Haliburton is just better. 

I'm really pissed off with no-heart Hunter and Butterhands Okongwu. I wouldn't mind blowing up this team and starting over.

These guys can't defend to save their lives. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter been playing like shit the last 5 games but replacing his defense at his size and position is way easier said than done. I know you maybe pissed at his offense but Goodluck finding replacements. 

His great defense doesn't mean shit if he's going to continue to just hand the other team the ball. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I wish that some of these posters who have given up would really give up and go somewhere else. If you love Haliburton.. then go find the Pacer message board and be happy over there. 

Diesel, you the first to know ain't no one going nowhere. Just because you got blasted for your Haliburton takes doesn't mean we are now Pacer fans

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Diesel, you the first to know ain't no one going nowhere. Just because you got blasted for your idiotic Haliburton takes doesn't mean we are now Pacer fans

What I said about Haliburton is still true.  He doesn't see Double teams.   We doubled him in the fourth.. guess how many points he scored?

0 points, 2 assists. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

His great defense doesn't mean shit if he's going to continue to just hand the other team the ball. 

He was horrendous tonight offensively. He also played with no sense of urgency in a game where it felt that every possession is important even if defense is nonexistent 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

What I said about Haliburton is still true.  He doesn't see Double teams.   We doubled him in the fourth.. guess how many points he scored?

0 points, 2 assists. 

Miami is hoping to get Indiana in the first round of the real playoffs.  I already know what they will do... Double team Haliburton all game long.   They will reduce him to a 9 point 6 assists PG and will sweep them right out of the playoffs. 

Quin went to Duke, so hopefully he's smart enough to know this isnt a Championship type of roster, and this is just an evaluation year before wholesale changes are made..

Thats the way Im gonna look a the season so I wont get upset anymore.. lol

Trade deadline cant get here fast enough...

• Haha 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Naah man, his defensive impact is just not making up for his putrid offense, lack of rebounds, TOs and low effort......and stop talking about his size, he doesn't use it to any advantage. Has the perfect body type but just lacks that something.

Ain't no one saying it is. Just saying, finding a replacement for a big wing is easier said than done. Those guys are at a premium right now. Jaden McDaniels just got 130. It's just not easy to get those guys. As frustrating as Hunter can be with some of you guys. At least you got one. 

I have no issue with Hunter. I like what he is. I didn't like what he was tonight. He was ass on offense and defensively, Indy just PnRs to death so he wasn't as valuable on D. That said, go and trade him and see that shit doesn't get better. You will just need what he is once he's gone. Hunter ain't your problem. Making 20 mil per doesn't make him an option to be your answer either. Trae or Murray are those guys. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Rebounds and boxing out are a part of defense.  So is getting back in transition and communicating.  Hunter might be a good positional team defender but nothing he does translates into winning basketball and all the advanced stats support that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Quin went to Duke, so hopefully he's smart enough to know this isnt a Championship type of roster, and this is just an evaluation year before wholesale changes are made..

Thats the way Im gonna look a the season so I wont get upset anymore.. lol

Trade deadline cant get here fast enough...

He clearly knows that. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was horrendous tonight offensively. He also played with no sense of urgency in a game where it felt that every possession is important even if defense is nonexistent 

That is him too many nights though. No hustle to him, no drive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1