• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen Johnson to miss 4-6 weeks!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Actually could be a lot worse if it was a fracture.  This is gonna be super interesting.  Definitely expect more minutes for Bey.

Do they try Okongwu at the 4?  Hunter? Gueye?

Gueye is out with a stress fracture in his back. Will be reevaluated around December 10th. Most likely out until 2024, same as Kobe and now JJ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

We just can’t have nice sh#t bruh.  His loss will certainly be felt.  He’s the only player on the roster with a + offensive and defensive box.  I have no confidence that Dre and Bey can account for his absence.  Luckily the schedule through December isn’t daunting at all.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

we are cooked

Don't lose hope.  I love me some JJ and he's an impactful player.  But we arguably sucked with him.  The solution never lay with him.

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

We just can’t have nice sh#t bruh.  His loss will certainly be felt.  He’s the only player on the roster with a + offensive and defensive box.  I have no confidence that Dre and Bey can account for his absence.

Agreed, sadly.  This exacerbates the need for personnel moves. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This exacerbates the need for personnel moves. 

Wonder what Kai Jones is up to? Hopefully he's gotten his head right. 

We'd have to trade abd/or release a player to open up a roster spot though.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I thought it was a dirty play by Kuzma.  Did enough to avoid the flagrant, but he knew he had no chance at the block and he also knew he was putting JJ in a terrible spot mid air.

I was very disappointed that no one from the Hawks took a run at Kuzma the rest of the game.  If it was hockey he would’ve been targeted all game.

• Like 1

A lot better than it could have been, but it still sucks....

His breakout was the best part of the season so far IMO, both from a viewing perspective, and from a long-term-success of the Hawks perspective.. smh

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, hawkman said:

So glad there was no fracture. 4-6 weeks of down time means he definitely sprained his wrist though. It is his off hand so I think he could easily come back before that.

• Sad 3

• Premium Member

I hope Jalen heals up and feels better soon.  That said, I'm disappointed no one called Kuzma out for that crap.  He clearly wasn't making a play on the ball.  By not letting him know it was foul, he's likely to do it again.

• Like 3