• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

LeBron James wanted the Lakers to trade for Dejounte Murray, Zach LaVine

Since then, James urged the Lakers to acquire former running mate Kyrie Irving in the summer of 2022, at the 2023 trade deadline and again in the summer of 2023, according to team and league sources. James was also in support of the Lakers trading for Dejounte Murray or Zach LaVine — two Klutch Sports clients — in the weeks and months leading into the 2024 trade deadline, according to those sources.

via The Athletic
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2024 at 3:48 PM, theheroatl said:

Landry also admitting that DJM doesn't work with Trae is such bad PR.

Why man why

I missed this public announcement….is there a link or was this a radio interview or something???

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

What a horrible answer.  'yeah our two stars aren't playing well together. most likely one of them will be gone soon and his name rhymes with hurry'.    Great motivation for the rest of the season.

That answer is so terrible, I don't even think he believes it.  It's more plausible, to me, that someone fed him that answer ti sabotage him.  He probably said it and immediately thought,  What TF?"

But who would be diabolical enough to set Laundry up like that?  Hmmm ....

:Korver: Mwahahahahaaaa .... I mean, *cough* *cough*..... Why're you lookin' at me, kg? 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, macdaddy said:

What a horrible answer.  'yeah our two stars aren't playing well together. most likely one of them will be gone soon and his name rhymes with hurry'.    Great motivation for the rest of the season.

Well at least he's giving his honest opinion. I can respect that. I think Id prefer that over the GM shouting "he's our guy" from rooftops, and then they trade him soon there after.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Well at least he's giving his honest opinion. I can respect that. I think Id prefer that over the GM shouting "he's our guy" from rooftops, and then they trade him soon there after.  

Landry is no word smith that's for sure.  Even if you believe that to be the case, you frame your words to indicate it's a work in progress with ups and downs.  That's true and sounds better without relegating yourself to sounding like a whipped puppy.  Laundry's interview or whatever stunk. It was putrid.  

IMG_0120.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Wut?  In situations like these public honesty undermines your own negotiating power. He's literally pulling the rug out from under himself.  Screaming "HE"S OUR GUY AND WE AREN"T TRADING HIM FOR ANYONE" for everyone to hear only increases the player trade value which benefits the Hawks.  That's his job.  Convince everyone that he's not being traded and if they want him, they better bring an offer too good to refuse.  

Exactly.  I don't want my GM being honest in public interviews.  Sometimes things are clear as day but you do the best to cover them up.  Like if you say, "out top priority this offseason is to make sure we reduce our payroll so we are under the tax line and while we'd like to get back talent we know that we will probably end up dumping a salary with nothing coming back that will help us this season" then you are doing yourself a disservice.  It is true and may end up being true but you don't broadcast that around the league.  This is doubly true when trading a player looking for value in return.  He doesn't need to convince people that DJM won't be traded in my mind, but he absolutely does have to convince other teams that they better bring a good offer.  This sends the opposite signal.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

(2) Trae is having (IMO) his best season, he deserves a significant majority of the credit there but also probably not a coincidence is has come while playing for Quin 

(3) he has also been vocal about wanting to win, and the team is way off target in that area in recent seasons

(4) can the organization makes the right decisions/moves to make progress toward being able to win more games? there are fair questions there

(5) but I've been clear that I think they did well at the 2023 trade deadline, 2023 draft, Quin hire, etc.

(6) but if they don't (sooner than later) use all of the tools available to them to improve the roster - and this is almost entirely from a fit standpoint IMO - they are going to limit their ceiling

(7) if that continues, and this is just me speculating, I don't know how it doesn't, at some point, frustrate a player of Trae's stature.... still, only Trae knows what his feelings are

(8) I think the Hawks are very fortunate to have Trae but the organization needs to make progress putting the right amount/type of talent around him

It's probably the most Atlanta Hawks thing ever to draft a seemingly generational talent, trade him for a "lesser" talented player, watch that player turn out to be a superstar in his own right, and then be so incompetent as an organization that you can't build anything around him for eight years and then watch as your superstar forces a trade to a prominent organization in the NBA just so he has a chance to win.    

It's going to be crushingly frustrating when that day comes (and I fully expect it to come at this point).  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

It's probably the most Atlanta Hawks thing ever to draft a seemingly generational talent, trade him for a "lesser" talented player, watch that player turn out to be a superstar in his own right, and then be so incompetent as an organization that you can't build anything around him for eight years and then watch as your superstar forces a trade to a prominent organization in the NBA just so he has a chance to win.    

It's going to be crushingly frustrating when that day comes (and I fully expect it to come at this point).  

I think Trae will be  moved in the summer. Not from my sources just my own putting things together and knowing how cheap Ressler is. If the choice is keeping Trae happy by adding salary and paying the LT or unloading Trae to rebuild and be even cheaper...we know which one Messy Ressy will pick.

• Sad 3

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think Trae will be  moved in the summer. Not from my sources just my own putting things together and knowing how cheap Ressler is. If the choice is keeping Trae happy by adding salary and paying the LT or unloading Trae to rebuild and be even cheaper...we know which one Messy Ressy will pick.

Ugh.  This is my fear.  I was thinking Trae might give it another year if we make a splash of some kind this summer in trade.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hard to see how that doesn't end up as a disaster.  I have no faith in getting fair value back if we went to move Trae.  Would be really demoralizing to a lot of the fans as well.  

Without a strong draft pick for 3 years, it would almost certainly cement Ressler as a hated figure for the fan base.

• Like 4