• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers -- IST Game #4

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't see it. 

Spurs did not fleece us.

We got an allstar player not even in his prime for 3 first rounders and a pick swap. 

1 of those picks will be 2 2nd rounders before the Spurs ever get it.   I don't think you can get an allsar with less compensation. 

will he ever be an all star again though is the question.  The year he was an all star it's doubtful he would have gotten the nod had he been on the Hawks or most any non-Pop team.  Not hating on him or anything.  

would love to see Trae and DJ in teh all star game together. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Hawks are 3rd in offensive rating at almost 120 per.  Unless that elite offensive Big is 7 feet and a great anchor/ communicator I don’t value any extra offensive firepower.  There are only 3 in the league anyway in Chet, Embiid, and Joker, neither going anywhere soon obviously.  Any above-average team will still outscore the Hawks when Trae is playing 36 minutes no problem.

And yet, the huge reason why the Hawks ate 3rd in offense, is due to Trae's scoring and most important, his 3 point facilitation.

The scoring droughts occur when you take the aggressive catch and shoot 3 point shooters away from Trae, leasing to Trae, DJ, and Hunter create iso offense off the dribble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I don't see it. 

Spurs did not fleece us.

We got an allstar player not even in his prime for 3 first rounders and a pick swap. 

1 of those picks will be 2 2nd rounders before the Spurs ever get it.   I don't think you can get an allsar with less compensation. 

He was an injury replacement All Star 3 yrs ago.. I guess that counts....

Not that hard to find a 2 guard that can do what Murray does imo..

What is he great at?

Bogi may be better fit at the 2 for us tbh and I like Murray.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

will he ever be an all star again though is the question.  The year he was an all star it's doubtful he would have gotten the nod had he been on the Hawks or most any non-Pop team.  Not hating on him or anything.  

would love to see Trae and DJ in teh all star game together. 

We're talking about a 20/4/5 player (this year) shooting about 38% from 3.  He got to bring up his rebounding but other than that... I don't see why he's catching all this criticism?

Tell me what did you expect him to be?

2 hours ago, AHF said:

The good news from my perspective is that he did sign a team friendly extension (compare it against things like FVV's contract) which takes the risk of him walking away leaving us empty-handed off the table.  That was a real risk with him being an UFA.

I feel the same. I’d also say the same for OO, too.
Even if they aren’t playing at the level we expect them to, they are playing up to the value of their contracts. 
Thank goodness they signed for what everyone in the world thought were very team friendly deals, though, bc if they signed for what seemed market value at the time, they’d definitely be underperforming. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

The good news from my perspective is that he did sign a team friendly extension (compare it against things like FVV's contract) which takes the risk of him walking away leaving us empty-handed off the table.  That was a real risk with him being an UFA.

Yeah, also, we salary dumped to add starter-level talent.  You have to pay picks for that.  Most picks in the range ours will likely be, are bench players at best, busts at worst.  People overvalue picks a lot.  This trade was fair for both sides imo.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

The thing about AJ though is if he doesn't prove to be a Korver, or even a Duncan Robinson level shooter at the NBA level then he's basically Bey with less size.  There's dozens of guys like that around the league.  If he has value in a trade now, which i'm not sure he does, i'm fine with shipping him out if we are bringing back vet talent.  I'm not looking to start contending when Trae is 28.   We need to move.  

I would be happy to trade him if teams want him badly.  I was ready to ship him off when he started going at Beyonce fans for being devil worshipers lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I would be happy to trade him if teams want him badly.  I was ready to ship him off when he started going at Beyonce fans for being devil worshipers lol

Yeah me too... Crazy shit..

Believe it or not, there was a certain poster on here defending that crap...

Edited by terrell
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

I proposed this trade in another thread:

Maybe they can get OKC to be ignorant and do this.  The numbers add up on NBA TRADE MACHINE.  Its actually not a bad trade if they feel Bufkin has potential:

Hawks get:

Isaiah Joe

Kenrich Williams

OKC get:

Saddiq Bey

AJ Griffin

Kobe Bufkin

image.thumb.png.b7b5129563f5935dad873294a5b83141.png

LOL ... OKC definitely won't do that trade with the way Joe has been shooting the ball this season. They'd laugh in our faces.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Diesel said:

We're talking about a 20/4/5 player (this year) shooting about 38% from 3.  He got to bring up his rebounding but other than that... I don't see why he's catching all this criticism?

Tell me what did you expect him to be?

A lockdown defender at the 2.  And he's not that.  That's on me i guess.  He's a quick defender who gambles a lot but despite his height he's small.  On the defensive end it's not ideal next to Trae which is one reason our perimeter D sucks. 

58 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

A lockdown defender at the 2.  And he's not that.  That's on me i guess.  He's a quick defender who gambles a lot but despite his height he's small.  On the defensive end it's not ideal next to Trae which is one reason our perimeter D sucks. 

Dejounte's best defensive back court pairing has always been an elite on ball defender like he had in San Antonio with Derrick White who can guard both SGs and PGs at a high level which allows Dejounte to gamble and roam off ball defensively.

Pairing him with Trae neutralizes his biggest defensively strengths.

The more that I think about it, I honestly don't think the FO or whoever green lighted this trade did any homework on the type of player Dejounte was.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, yungsta said:

Dejounte's best defensive back court pairing has always been an elite on ball defender like he had in San Antonio with Derrick White who can guard both SGs and PGs at a high level which allows Dejounte to gamble and roam off ball defensively.

Pairing him with Trae neutralizes his biggest defensively strengths.

The more that I think about it, I honestly don't think the FO or whoever green lighted this trade did any homework on the type of player Dejounte was.

I like DJ.  He seems like a great guy but it begs the question why we didn't consider acquiring White.  Boston got him for a first.   DJ definitely seems to have greater potential to be an impact player i get it, but we need to see that come to fruition.