• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers -- IST Game #4

lethalweapon3

9 hours ago, terrell said:

I really hate what theyve done to my favorite team.. 

Schlenk and now LF..

So many wasted picks and ridiculous contracts over the years

Our depth should be way better than this

And thanks to Murray trade, our future is bleek..

Just damn..

After hearing from the insiders about the dysfunctional ownership, I honestly can't put all of the blame on Schlenk and Fields. Nick Ressler literally had the title president of basketball operations before they backtracked due to bad press.

IMO, this is the result of meddling ownership who is cheap, nepotism, and allowing non-basketball people to make basketball decisions. 

I think Schlenk lost a lot of autonomy after that 2021 playoff run. The whole philosophy of long term team building and asset management/risk management was thrown out the window. It all started during that  2021 off season when some insiders gave insight that people in Trae's camp were strong arming Schlenk to give JC that contract and it went all down hill from there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

this team is garbage and they're no longer  fun to watch play.     I started a policy where I hit fastforward the second the lead gets to double digits.  Allowed me to skip the entire second half.

• Sad 1

• Moderators

It's all the stuff that we've been calling out since the beginning of the season.  We have two centers with no range, we have a roster with just 1 PF and he's basically in his first season and now hurt.  We have a million below average SGs.  We have no real stand out defensive wings other than Hunter and he's up and down. 

They are going to have to make some kind of move soon.  I don't expect an all star but we need some PLAYERS.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's another season where if we don't score 130+ we will lose.  Sometimes we will lose even if we do.

Murray and Trae are so inconsistent shooting.  It's rare they are both on at the same time.  Murray was hot early in the season and Trae was not, then Trae picked it up and Murray started struggling.  The same thing happened last year.  

• Sad 1

• Moderators

we're down one rotation player in JJ and we've gone to total crap.  He's supposedly our third or fourth best player.  We got smacked by the Celtics who were missing Jrue and Porz.  We've just built the team extremely poorly and i just don't get how anyone thinks we've spent adequate money to field a competitive team.   

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I like how we totally bypass OO in this discussion. 

I’ve always liked OO but he isn’t any type of answer as a BU tweener who can’t play make nor stretch and only excels versus Bigs who like to play on the perimeter some.  End of the discussion that involves him.

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I still think their biggest need is an elite offensive big. That would take pressure off of Trae and allow for more role player flexibility at other positions. 

We definitely need Delon back. It's urgent status without JC or JJ. 

Hawks are 3rd in offensive rating at almost 120 per.  Unless that elite offensive Big is 7 feet and a great anchor/ communicator I don’t value any extra offensive firepower.  There are only 3 in the league anyway in Chet, Embiid, and Joker, neither going anywhere soon obviously.  Any above-average team will still outscore the Hawks when Trae is playing 36 minutes no problem.

• Sad 1

That was ugly.  I skimmed the 3rd quarter and turned off the 4th.  Not even the law of mid could help us.

Will be interesting to see if we make a move.  AJ looks lost.  I keep asking myself what happened there?  Someone said earlier that maybe he thrived more in Nate's playground style type of offense. 

Emotionally this is a fragile team.  Trae is head strong, but the Glen Willis observation of playing just good enough defense to win is a mindset issue.  He doesn't set the tone like Jordan and Kobe that we are gonna stomp you.  When we got ahead by 12 points, they took their foot off the gas and then they totally imploded.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

we're down one rotation player in JJ and we've gone to total crap.  He's supposedly our third or fourth best player.  We got smacked by the Celtics who were missing Jrue and Porz.  We've just built the team extremely poorly and i just don't get how anyone thinks we've spent adequate money to field a competitive team.   

True. Sadly all true, if we don’t start performing it might not even been player but rather Landry getting the 🪓 

I mean, he built it. I was all in on the DJ trade when it happened and thought it was great and all but he’s a lot of pizzazz without the ultimate dagger 🗡️ result but it’s not on him alone..DJ IS PLAYING SMALLER THAN HIS SIZE. Remember when he was on the Spurs? He was a menace to us and everyone and seems to play much bigger.

OO needs to start to see if he can produce, again he looks like he’s 6’8” out there and just going up against 7 footers it’s nuts 🥜 

If I’m Landry and want to save my job I make a play now.. I mean, as a fan, I don’t even know what the heck to root for at this point.

It’s a merry go round with our organization.

1. Get a good GM.

2. Be crappy or tank

3. Get the players

Rinse and repeat 🔁 

Pardon my French but it’s {fertilizer} and no, no mod {} this I was mature enough to do it myself.. 😐 

Sorry for the rant and it’s early but we look weird.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

It looks to me like he's playing with next to no confidence.  Now that he's getting an opportunity to play, he's got to dial in and play with some passion.  I never agreed with Quin totally taking him out of the rotation, but A.J. can't allow that to keep him in a funk.

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

What has happened to AJ Griffin's shot?  

:ahf:

All AJ's missed shots. I asked earlier if Kyle Korver has possibly tweaked his shot mechanics. He has a very unorthodox wide stance. At a quick glance, it looks like it's change some.

Will have to look at his earlier shooting form to confirm though.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022300055&PlayerID=1631100&RangeType=0&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think we have to look and admit that in addition to terrible roster construction there is just no chemistry on this team.  No one has stepped up in JC's absence.  A shake up is needed for a variety of reasons.  

I said our roster to start the season was dependent on the internal improvement of our young players taking the next step: OO, JJ, AJ in particular. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

That was ugly.  I skimmed the 3rd quarter and turned off the 4th.  Not even the law of mid could help us.

Will be interesting to see if we make a move.  AJ looks lost.  I keep asking myself what happened there?  Someone said earlier that maybe he thrived more in Nate's playground style type of offense. 

Emotionally this is a fragile team.  Trae is head strong, but the Glen Willis observation of playing just good enough defense to win is a mindset issue.  He doesn't set the tone like Jordan and Kobe that we are gonna stomp you.  When we got ahead by 12 points, they took their foot off the gas and then they totally imploded.  

AJ’s fall is mind boggling.   Regressing defensively isn’t a surprise but many of his looks couldn’t be more wide open: he was automatic on those last season.  Sh%t is depressing I had high hopes after a 47/ 39/ 89 rookie season how could you not?!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All AJ's missed shots. I asked earlier if Kyle Korver has possibly tweaked his shot mechanics. He has a very unorthodox wide stance. At a quick glance, it looks like it's change some.

Will have to look at his earlier shooting form to confirm though.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022300055&PlayerID=1631100&RangeType=0&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

Kyle and the staff better not have f&@ked this kids shot up.  As Hawks fans we take the good with the bad I guess, DJ and JJ have improved their three balls significantly.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Kyle better not have f&@ked this kids shot up.  As Hawks fans we take the good with the bad I guess, DJ and JJ have improved their three balls significantly.

He certainly isn't playing with this level of confindence. His feet positions look different OR maybe I'm just looking for 'something/anything' to explain the fall off.

• Like 2