• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers -- IST Game #4

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Two trades for short term help.

Patty Mills +  2nd rounder for Delon Wright.

Cash considerations for Nathan Knight. 

Yes to Wright.

Knight is on a two-way contract with Boston. We'd also need to waive 1 player.

Hawks weren’t supposed to win so they didn’t.  It’s gonna be a tough road without Jalen’s rebounding, size, efficiency, floor running, and passing decisions.  Damn…that’s quite a lot.

Trae is now 5-6 (-4 total) versus Darius Garland (+11). 

Donovan Mitchell has gotten incrementally better on both ends and has always been underrated as a passer.  I didn’t care for him in Utah but he’s a beast now.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Them boys scored half of their 128 points in the paint.  Clint’s role is now a BU on a strong defensive team, yet he’s starting on a dreadful one.  Hawks needed a high-impact, young, True defensive C and an on-ball defender who can guard 1-3 at the start of the season, I would hope it’s painfully evident to Fields now.  Question is how empowered is he to do anything about how porous the defense is?  Ressler is getting great home attendance he could care less.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Hawks weren’t supposed to win so they didn’t.  It’s gonna be a tough road without Jalen’s rebounding, size, efficiency, floor running, and passing decisions.  Damn…that’s quite a lot.

Trae is now 5-6 (-4 total) versus Darius Garland (+11). 

Donovan Mitchell has gotten incrementally better on both ends and has always been underrated as a passer.  I didn’t care for him in Utah but he’s a beast now.

He's gotten a lot better. 

19 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Them boys scored half of their 128 points in the paint.  Clint’s role is now a BU on a strong defensive team, yet he’s starting on a dreadful one.  Hawks needed a high-impact, young, True defensive C and an on-ball defender who can guard 1-3 at the start of the season, I would hope it’s painfully evident to Fields now.  Question is how empowered is he to do anything about how porous the defense is?  Ressler is getting great home attendance he could care less.

I still think their biggest need is an elite offensive big. That would take pressure off of Trae and allow for more role player flexibility at other positions. 

We definitely need Delon back. It's urgent status without JC or JJ. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Just finished watching the game. Close first half back and forth, second half we came out absolutely flat as a unit while they were red hot 🥵. They couldn’t miss. 

Spida 🕷️ was a superstar ⭐️ tonight. Man, some of those AND 1’s, dude is Wade 2.0 but shoots better and quicker release from the perimeter. I underestimated Mobley coming out of USC, oh boy 🤦‍♀️ He’s tall, he’s long and skilled, what was that 19 boards for him? 

One of those nights. We gotta get better ❤️‍🩹 keep working together, build more chemistry and trust and oh ya, REBOUND THE BALL!!!

We are really small against some teams like the Cavs that throw both Mobley and Allen at us. 

We need a big and fast 💨.

Wemby up next 😳 We aren’t careful he’s liable to get 20 boards on us.

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think Quin has no choice but to let some of these minutes of Clint and OO overlap each other, the same way that Trae and DJ's minutes overlap each other. 

Not saying that you start OO ( although I'd think about it ).  But at least when it's time for OO to come in during the middle of the 1st and 3rd quarters, maybe you let them play together for at least 3 minutes in that quarter.  And when Clint comes back in during the 2nd and 4th quarters, let OO run with him for that same amount of time.

In other words, Clint and OO might need to play with each other about 10 - 12 minutes a game.  This small ball at the 4 ain't gonna cut it.  Neither Dre or Bey rebound well enough at the 4, to have them play extended minutes there.

Dre has to "guard people", he shouldnt have to rebound also....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Murray's POA defense and his driving to the rim has significantly fallen off from earlier in the season. I'm hoping he's still recovering from the thigh contusion.

When JJ went down, ALL of our athleticism went out the window......

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

I know some people don't want to hear this but we really, really need help at defense. We were sold a bill of goods on DJM's ability to guard at point of attack. We have zero perimeter defense as an entire team outside of Hunter and Jalen. This isn't bashing Trae. His defense has actually gotten better since Dec 22. 

If we could get Caruso without giving up too much I would do it. Hell I'd take Delon Wright back with open arms. We NEVER should have let him walk but that was Ressler, the seventh richest owner in the NBA I might add, penching pennies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes to Wright.

Knight is on a two-way contract with Boston. We'd also need to waive 1 player.

With an IL player we don't get a spot?  If not, I'd waive one of our two-way contracts not named Lundy.   I guess that means Miles gotta go. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I like how we totally bypass OO in this discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

He's just not good. 

It looks to me like he's playing with next to no confidence.  Now that he's getting an opportunity to play, he's got to dial in and play with some passion.  I never agreed with Quin totally taking him out of the rotation, but A.J. can't allow that to keep him in a funk.

• Like 2

The worst part of walking in the middle of the road?

Because you can get run over from either direction!

Hawks are a middle of the road (.500) team.  We struggle to stay at the middle of the pack.  Quin said he would install the offense and then the defense.  Hawk's defense right now is terrible.  How much longer before we concentrate on defense?

Injuries have reared their ugly head.  And, I worry.  What has happened to AJ Griffin's shot?  

:ahf:

• Like 1